Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2024, 10:02 AM   #1921
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgotti View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed but there was a suggestion of a hubredeau for Gallagher and Anderson trade.
Do it
Old 04-28-2024, 10:07 AM   #1922
jgotti
Backup Goalie

Exp:

https://dose.ca/2024/04/25/the-canad...ut-of-calgary/
jgotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:14 AM   #1923
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol

Those two combined for the same amount of points as Huberdeau and would actually cost $1.5 million more against the cap than Huberdeau does.

Huby had 52 points, those two combined for 51 points. If you factor in ice time you'd be getting way less bang for your buck. With our luck Huberdeau would bounce back to being a 80+ point player in MTL.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:17 AM   #1924
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
lol

Those two combined for the same amount of points as Huberdeau and would actually cost $1.5 million more against the cap than Huberdeau does.

Huby had 52 points, those two combined for 51 points. If you factor in ice time you'd be getting way less bang for your buck. With our luck Huberdeau would bounce back to being a 80+ point player in MTL.
Still worth it for getting rid of the bad contract(s) 4 years earlier

Huberdeau is the worst contract in the league ainec
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scornfire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 10:18 AM   #1925
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huby still probably has an 80 point season in him. Gallagher and Anderson are both cooked.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 10:20 AM   #1926
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Marner is as good as gone, you can pretty much guarantee it.
From what I’ve heard through 2nd hand information is he wants to move on now too and would welcome a trade to a contender with Florida being at the top of his list.
Really? I have heard the exact opposite of that.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:32 AM   #1927
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scornfire View Post
Still worth it for getting rid of the bad contract(s) 4 years earlier

Huberdeau is the worst contract in the league ainec
Yeah, I’d do that trade in a heart beat. Gallagher’s and Anderson’s contracts line up much better to when the Flames might need cap. No way Montreal touches it imo.
Bonded is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 10:35 AM   #1928
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
lol

Who cares if Huberdeau bounces back. He’d still be negative value at 80 points. Getting out of the back end of that deal would be huge.
Bonded is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 11:06 AM   #1929
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Marner is as good as gone, you can pretty much guarantee it.
From what I’ve heard through 2nd hand information is he wants to move on now too and would welcome a trade to a contender with Florida being at the top of his list.
This is good stuff, thank you for sharing what you hear!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 11:18 AM   #1930
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not knocking anyone's insider info here, but how can anyone possibly hear what Marner is thinking so quickly immediately after yesterday's game? Add to it Treliving runs a tight lipped shop. I'm genuinely curious.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 11:39 AM   #1931
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Huby still probably has an 80 point season in him. Gallagher and Anderson are both cooked.
I’m not confident at all Huberdeau has an 80 pt season left in him let alone several, which is what you would think he should provide. If he hits 60, that has to be considered a win at this point. Even when he was playing well this season it was only at about a 60-65 point clip, if I’m not mistaken.

He could be a 30-40 point bottom six player in 2-3 years time. In others words, Huberdeau is on the cusp of being cooked himself and has seven years left!

If any team is interested at all in taking on Huberdeau the Flames have to take that and strongly consider it. I would do the Andersen Gallagher deal without much hesitation, but I doubt Montreal would and I wouldn’t be surprised if Gallagher exercised his NTC to stop it. The term and risk is simply too great for the Habs. The end is with sight for Gallagher and Andersen, Huberdeau has just begun.
TOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 11:48 AM   #1932
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huby will get 80 again. I’m very confident and it’s just a matter of finding a center and/or winger he can develop chemistry with. Way too early in this contract to completely write him off as he’s been in Calgary two seasons with two different head coaches and a revolving door of line-mates. I think there are players out there that can click with him.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 11:53 AM   #1933
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Huby will get 80 again. I’m very confident and it’s just a matter of finding a center and/or winger he can develop chemistry with. Way too early in this contract to completely write him off as he’s been in Calgary two seasons with two different head coaches and a revolving door of line-mates. I think there are players out there that can click with him.
I kind of agree, I mean it's certainly possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Flames sign Duclair in the off season. They'll probably be able to give more money on a 1 year deal than anyone else and he might look to set himself up with a big pay day by playing with Huberdeau again. An injury plagued season really messed up his last big pay day.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 12:07 PM   #1934
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't think Huberdeau will ever reach 60 let alone 80. He couldn't even keep a PPG pace in his supposed "good" stretch where he turned it around (which was more like a 20 game window that fizzled out by March)
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 12:57 PM   #1935
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I’ll believe it when I see it.

He’s been horrendous to barely acceptable since he came to the Flames. If he neeeds Anthony Duclaire to help him, that’s equally as troubling, I would argue. At 10.5 he should be elevating the play of others, not the other way around.

Last edited by TOfan; 04-28-2024 at 01:05 PM.
TOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TOfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 01:03 PM   #1936
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think he's been horrible, he's just a second line player at this point. If you're still getting 50+ points on an 'off' year, you're not a bad player in my books. Huby's issue is that he's just severely overpaid.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 01:11 PM   #1937
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
80 points is very hard, and Calgary is not likely to have any elite players to help him do that.

If everything clicks, he might get to 65-70, but even though it looked like he was doing much better this year, he only ended up with 52 points.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 02:01 PM   #1938
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
80 points is very hard, and Calgary is not likely to have any elite players to help him do that.

If everything clicks, he might get to 65-70, but even though it looked like he was doing much better this year, he only ended up with 52 points.
Sure they do, his name is Kuzmenko. If he comes into camp in shape and ends up playing with Huberdeau I could see him getting him to 80.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 02:29 PM   #1939
traptor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Even if Huberdeau hit 80 it doesn't matter, it won't push the flames over the top. Him hitting 80 means alot of secondary and pp pponts. Its probably woud be more of a side effect from succesful linemates then huberdeau driving a line. He's just not an impactful player. He doesn't play with pace or aggression.

Plus I doubt he would maintain anything close to that from 34-38.

He's signed until 2031. We're going to need him gone around 2026 when we're wanting to compete.

I do that trade any day.

Last edited by traptor; 04-28-2024 at 02:32 PM.
traptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 02:41 PM   #1940
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Sure they do, his name is Kuzmenko. If he comes into camp in shape and ends up playing with Huberdeau I could see him getting him to 80.
True, I did forget about him.

But Calgary's PP was going extremely well at the end of the year and Huberdeau was still not particularly increasing his point total to a PPG. He had 14 points in his last 20 games, a 57 point pace.

Now Kuzmenko was at a 70 point pace with Calgary, with virtually half of those points on the PP.

Could he do it? Of course he could. But I believe the odds are quite low.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
devils suck , e=ng , edmonton is no good , nj is no good