Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2017, 07:45 AM   #41
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKflames View Post
I would go with Lack in philly, better not to rush Smith back, even if he says he is fine. It is early in the season and one more game isnt going to do any harm especially as we have games every other night next week when we really will need Smith.
How do you know it's rushing him? Maybe he was ready last game but it would have been rushed. At some point he's ready. The Flames aren't known for rushing guys into the lineup after injury. Look at Jagr - he was given a lot of time after he was able to skate.

Smith's a vet. He knows when he's able to play. And if it was his head, he had to get protocol clearance.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:47 AM   #42
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Genuine question: at what point does one of the AHL goalies surpass Lack as the back up. I understand that Lack will get a few more games, but if things don't improve before say, January, is he replaced?
I think he has the rest of the season. They won't pull Gillies out of Stockton and stick him on the bench, and I would be surprised if they did so with Rittich.
TheFlamesVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:10 AM   #43
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Golden View Post
Lack based on last 50 games actually ranks 51st in the NHL for WORST .898 save % and 47th goal against % 2.86 both stats out of 52 goalies. Sorry I don't see what the HC sees in Lack.
If you look at his splits from last year, he was actually trending in the right direction in Feb/Mar/April (after a dismal start):

Doesn't excuse his numbers this year but he has played better with a higher workload. Might be one of the problems here...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:07 PM   #44
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
If you look at his splits from last year, he was actually trending in the right direction in Feb/Mar/April (after a dismal start):

Doesn't excuse his numbers this year but he has played better with a higher workload. Might be one of the problems here...
Or did he play a couple good games and go on a roll and all we are looking at is a hot streak from a mediocre at best goalie?

I don't know the answer, was there an injury last year?
Old 11-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #45
UKflames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
How do you know it's rushing him? Maybe he was ready last game but it would have been rushed. At some point he's ready. The Flames aren't known for rushing guys into the lineup after injury. Look at Jagr - he was given a lot of time after he was able to skate.

Smith's a vet. He knows when he's able to play. And if it was his head, he had to get protocol clearance.
I dont know they are rushing him, it was just a personel thought. Difficult to know anything from this far away If he is good to go fair enough, just want to make sure he is good long term.
UKflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:18 PM   #46
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Genuine question: at what point does one of the AHL goalies surpass Lack as the back up. I understand that Lack will get a few more games, but if things don't improve before say, January, is he replaced?
I would say it really depends how he plays. He can't afford to get blown up again. A marginally OK next game buys him a little time.

No team will carry a back up with an 0,8 save percentage and GAA over 5.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post: