Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2020, 11:28 PM   #21
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Gaudreau having a bad year is still the Flames leading scorer...if they trade him it better be a home run. I think many of you should be careful what you wish.
Your not trading your leading scorer for a song. Not a single person thinks trading Gaudreau is just to get him off this team.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 11:30 PM   #22
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Your not trading your leading scorer for a song. Not a single person thinks trading Gaudreau is just to get him off this team.
Maybe I am dreading a bad Gaudreau trade...people are saying they hope we trade 13, I think that's crazy

Last edited by dino7c; 02-23-2020 at 11:33 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 11:32 PM   #23
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gaudreau because my boys would be crushed. Would be like telling them the dog had to go away to a farm.

Other than that, Tkachuk, Rasmus & Lindholm because I feel they're great pieces to build a team around.
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:55 PM   #24
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would be pissed of they moved any of the following unless the return was amazing:

The top 6 forwards,

Derek Ryan,

Any pick less that 4th round, or

D men that wear 4, 55, 8.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:00 AM   #25
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would be absolutely pissed if they moved Reider. Only because no one has said his name yet and I feel bad for him.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:05 AM   #26
Spinach
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Gaudreau having a bad year is still the Flames leading scorer...if they trade him it better be a home run. I think many of you should be careful what you wish.
The question was, who do we dread being traded, not who do we hope to see moved. It's reasonable to think that trading Gaudreau would yield a big return and potentially fill a hole or two at C, RW or D. It's almost unfathomable that the Flames would get as little back for Gaudreau as they did for, say, Iggy (or other players whom it would be best to leave unnamed).

Of course, it's really unlikely Gaudreau gets moved at this deadline anyway, so it's kind of moot.

I'm with the others who've said the only ones they dread being dealt are Valimaki, Andersson, the 1st, Tkachuk and maybe Lindholm. Also, the idea of Bennett thriving somewhere else while we get some kind of 4-liner or C-prospect back pretty much stinks. But if the return's way higher than I figure they'd get for him, that would ease the sting.

The 1st-rounder & Bennett are the only pieces which both could be moved and which I'd much rather they keep. As long as the return is good, everyone else, even Mangiapane & Hanifin, should be available. Besides the obvious boat anchor contract, there's no one who's healthy who they should just dump.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:05 AM   #27
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Sam
Andrew
Brodie
Rasmus
Matthew
David
Old 02-24-2020, 12:26 AM   #28
FeastersBouwmeesters
Lifetime Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Only 5 guys on my “sad to see go” list. Mangiapane, Lindholm, Tkachuk, Andersson, and Rittich.
Same here. Everyone else, as long its for the right deal. I'm willing.
FeastersBouwmeesters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:26 AM   #29
UKflames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

2020 1st
Bennett
Hanifin
Kylington

Bennett for me is still young and a slow burn to develop, I still see great things from him.
Hanifin seems to have been in the league a long time but is also still young and defenders take a lot longer to reach their potential. If we trade Hanifin I think we will regret it down the road.
UKflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:59 AM   #30
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate the term “untouchable” because I think there’s only one truly untouchable player in the NHL at any given time and right now it’s probably Connor McDavid, so I don’t think the Flames have any untouchables.

That said, the guys I don’t think would be wise to trade would be Tkachuk, Lindholm, Mangiapane, Rittich, and Andersson. I’m really struggling with Monahan because he’s been my favourite player for 7 years now but I don’t think he can be truly untouchable anymore.

Everyone else can definitely be had for the right price, and I would be okay trading in a package to improve the team.

I don’t think they should sell, and I don’t want them to buy rentals, I’m hoping for a hockey trade of some sort tomorrow.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:12 AM   #31
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

At this time of the season nothing would surprise me. I'm hoping for a true hockey trade where we trade a core player for another that would help change the leadership on this team. We have too much talent to be sitting where we are in the standings.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:10 AM   #32
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only guys I'd be angry at are any of the kids on the farm or juniors + Dube/Mangiapane.

Tkachuk Andersson and Lindholm should be virtually untouchable. The draft picks should all be off limits.

After that, meh, depends.

Would not be opposed to a whole host of guys getting dealt. I would be vastly more approving of this team going into seller mode.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:00 AM   #33
robertsfanatic
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Monahan mostly (favourite player) but the top 6 and Gio, Rasmus, and Juuso on D.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #34
iloveicedhockey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Lucic because goodness knows what we're giving up to get out from that contract.

PS I actually like having him on the team.
iloveicedhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:26 AM   #35
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unless Brodie and his agent have straight up told BT they plan on going to UFA in the summer, I will be choked if they trade him. I really don't like the look of the D without Gio, Hamonic or Brodie all gone. That is our top 3 D gone all at once and it will decimate the backend. Brodie has been great most of the season and I see him as someone who will age well. I hope someway, somehow they can re-sign him to a deal that works for both sides.

Would much rather see Hamonic traded and Brodie brought back. If vice versa happens, I will see that as a disaster.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:47 AM   #36
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bennett for sure. Brodie if he wants to resign.

There are others but don't think there is any chance they are traded so no dread over them.