Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2019, 06:18 PM   #261
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The niners had a similar offer on the table for Mack and way better draft picks.
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:18 PM   #262
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Enjoy your ####ty draft pick. "Useless" Mack had as many sacks as your whole team.

I'd wager you didn't watch much of the game, if the conclusion you came to was Mack wasnt good.
24th overall isn't what I would call ####ty and I'm also looking forward to the 2020 1st round pick which I expect will be better.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2019, 06:19 PM   #263
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffporfirio View Post
The niners had a similar offer on the table for Mack and way better draft picks.
This is not true. There was some talk the Jets made a similar offer to the Bears and that was the one that was close.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:22 PM   #264
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Maybe I only saw the clowns on social media then but they were pretty dismissive of the Eagles' chances coming in.

How were they the better team exactly? They outgained the Eagles by 50 yards but other than that the teams were pretty much even as far as I'm concerned. Both teams benefited from some lucky breaks at times, Eagles with the big PI call and missed kick, Bears with the three dropped INTs and Elliot going full idiot on the kickoff to Cohen.

I'm fullt expecting a loss in New Orleans next week, but even getting to the final 8 in a season where the team has been hit with injuries as hard as it has been is an accomplishment.
The Eagles' touchdown came down to 2 pretty big calls against the Bears on defense, 1 call warranted but line the less both were in 3rd down I think?

Game was very even but Chicago didnt benefit from a downfield call, the eagles had 2, and still Chicago should have won. The Eagles played a great road game and I'm hoping this is very comparable to the Rams front last season
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:22 PM   #265
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He didn't show up on the stat sheet but he was disruptive all game.
He made a few tackles in the running game and had that one hit on the QB that altered the pass but he's making $24 million. That's the big debate when it comes to paying a guy that much money who doesn't get the ball in his hands like a QB, RB, or receiver. I think he really helped the Bears this season but they really needed to make noise this year and next while Trubisky is on his rookie deal.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #266
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
24th overall isn't what I would call ####ty and I'm also looking forward to the 2020 1st round pick which I expect will be better.
Pretty ####ty when you were calling for a top 10 pick 2 months ago lol.

Maybe your pick is better next year, but that's offset by the Bears getting #33 in return
Old 01-06-2019, 06:27 PM   #267
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Pretty ####ty when you were calling for a top 10 pick 2 months ago lol.

Maybe your pick is better next year, but that's offset by the Bears getting #33 in return
No matter. The Bears are joining the Raiders in watching from the sidelines and come April you get to see us use your pick as well as the year after. Raiders took a lot of heat for the trade but if they get some good players for those two picks and the Bears do nothing it's going to be one of those deals where revisited doesn't look so bad. I was pretty worried that Gruden would waste these picks but with Mayock having influence on the picks I feel a little better. It will take a few years to see how the trade fares for both teams long term.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:30 PM   #268
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
This is not true. There was some talk the Jets made a similar offer to the Bears and that was the one that was close.
Sorry. Went on this articles, maybe it was a rumor:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ninersw...alil-mack/amp/

John Lynch believes 49ers offered best deal for Khalil Mack
Old 01-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #269
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No matter. The Bears are joining the Raiders in watching from the sidelines and come April you get to see us use your pick as well as the year after. Raiders took a lot of heat for the trade but if they get some good players for those two picks and the Bears do nothing it's going to be one of those deals where revisited doesn't look so bad. I was pretty worried that Gruden would waste these picks but with Mayock having influence on the picks I feel a little better. It will take a few years to see how the trade fares for both teams long term.
Tall order for the Raiders to get good players in the first group of the draft, let alone in the later part... it was just last year they brought their leagues worst secondary to the draft and still passed on pro bowler Derwin James for a bad Kolton Miller.

This trade will break down to Mack for a late first and a 10 spot move down in the end

Last edited by DropIt; 01-06-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:38 PM   #270
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffporfirio View Post
Sorry. Went on this articles, maybe it was a rumor:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ninersw...alil-mack/amp/

John Lynch believes 49ers offered best deal for Khalil Mack
Not sure how Lynch would know for fact what the other offers were. It's possible the 49ers deal was as good but the 49ers and Raiders are state rivals like the Flames and Oilers and even though it's not divisional there's some optics to making trades with them. I believe the Raiders probably assumed assumed at the time of the trade the 49ers would have a better season than the Bears. If all teams are offering draft picks it's really hard to assume any team would take a worse offer. Just doesn't make sense and I think this is just more media slant to make Gruden look bad. I'm no Gruden fan but it's hard to imagine he said; "Team X is clearly offering us better picks but we are going to take deal Y with worse picks".
Old 01-06-2019, 06:40 PM   #271
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Tall order for the Raiders to get good players in the first group of the draft, let alone in the later part... it was just last year they brought their leagues worst secondary to the draft and still passed on pro bowler Derwin James for a bad Kolton Miller.

Rhisbtrade will break down to Mack for a late first and a 10 spot move down in the end
Why? Are you trying to say good players aren't available where they pick? Raiders have a new GM and have overhauled their scouting so totally different people will be making these picks. Strange comment.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 01-06-2019 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:41 PM   #272
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Not sure how Lynch would know for fact what the other offers were. It's possible the 49ers deal was as good but the 49ers and Raiders are state rivals like the Flames and Oilers and even though it's not divisional there's some optics to making trades with them. I believe the Raiders probably assumed assumed at the time of the trade the 49ers would have a better season than the Bears. If all teams are offering draft picks it's really hard to assume any team would take a worse offer. Just doesn't make sense and I think this is just more media slant to make Gruden look bad. I'm no Gruden fan but it's hard to imagine he said; "Team X is clearly offering us better picks but we are going to take deal Y with worse picks".
Good point. Hindsight is 20/20, no one would have guessed Garoppolo would get hurt so early in the season.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:50 PM   #273
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why? Are you trying to say good players aren't available where they pick? Strange comment.
No. I'm saying the Raiders cant find them.

Take the 2017 draft for example... did they draft even one capable starter? If there is one awful pick to take, the Raidera will sniff it out
Old 01-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #274
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
NFL..... hahaha. I can watch this gif all night.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:58 PM   #275
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Wow. That’s gotta be one of the most painful ways to lose...welll...ever
Scott Norwood says hi although he didn’t hit the goalpost.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #276
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Enjoy your ####ty draft pick. "Useless" Mack had as many sacks as your whole team.

I'd wager you didn't watch much of the game, if the conclusion you came to was Mack wasnt good.
Two first rounders are ####ty now? Not to mention the cap space

Tons of free agents are going to want to play in Vegas, guys will be lining up

This season and next are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things

Last edited by dino7c; 01-06-2019 at 07:19 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2019, 07:32 PM   #277
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

any chance the Eagles sign Foles to be the starter as he is still under 30 and perhaps let Wentz walk and get a good return for him? Just saw Deon Sanders say he would go this route. The team really seems to believe in Foles and Wentz has shown to be injury prone.

Last edited by dirk diggler; 01-06-2019 at 07:36 PM.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:43 PM   #278
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm fullt expecting a loss in New Orleans next week, but even getting to the final 8 in a season where the team has been hit with injuries as hard as it has been is an accomplishment.
We'll see man, I think Eagles will be fired up for revenge after that 48-7 drubbing earlier this year at the Dome. Ex-Saint Malcolm Jenkins was hot after that game, I bet he'll make sure that doesn't happen again. Not to mention that it'll be Foles this time, and thus a stronger offensive showing. I'm expecting a tight game.

I'm just so glad there won't be a bunch of loud, idiot Cowboy fans everywhere down there, that would've been a nightmare haha
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:43 PM   #279
Cortez
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Qb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
any chance the Eagles sign Foles to be the starter as he is still under 30 and perhaps let Wentz walk and get a good return for him? Just saw Deon Sanders say he would go this route. The team really seems to believe in Foles and Wentz has shown to be injury prone.
this is just downright ridiculous. (In my own uneducated opinion of course)

Foles has show time and time again that he is wildly inconsistent. He has come in a steadied the ship over a handful of games the past 2 seasons. He is not a full time starting QB- he is what he is- a very capable and probably above average back up QB. I would shutter to think of trading a young potential franchise QB to let a journeyman back up take over.
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:29 PM   #280
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
Wentz is still on his rookie deal and Foles is likely getting $20M+ next season. As much as I appreciate what Foles has done, Wentz is the more talented QB and gives the team a better chance to win when healthy. It doesn't help that Pederson's play-calling was pretty atrocious until Wentz went down.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote