Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2024, 01:03 PM   #41
CFO
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
Thats a little unfair to say at this point. He was the Captain of the team. Even if he wasn’t directly involved his role as the leader would have to give him a feeling of some sort of responsibility. That could be weighing on him immensely. Let’s presume innocence until proven guilty and in the meantime hope he gets the help he needs.

That's what I'm saying. Wish him well but if it comes out he had direct involvement then I do not.
CFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 01:06 PM   #42
GIODUDE
Backup Goalie

Exp:

[MOD EDIT]Information of this nature that is not public is way too sensitive to be discussed or featured on this forum. We would ask that posters please refrain from speculation, and from posting unconfirmed rumours about the specifics behind this situation.
GIODUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GIODUDE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2024, 01:17 PM   #43
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIODUDE View Post
[MOD EDIT]Information of this nature that is not public is way too sensitive to be discussed or featured on this forum. We would ask that posters please refrain from speculation, and from posting unconfirmed rumours about the specifics behind this situation.
Don’t like to speculate but I think a few of us potentially feared this.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 01:17 PM   #44
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even if it is TC WJC related, I hope he gets the help he needs. As much as the individuals are responsible in that I place the ultimate responsibility of incidents like that on the toxic culture breeding and creating the circumstances in which these events can take place within their purview, and then covering it up.

But thats another can of worms for later. Just get well soon Dube.
Old 01-21-2024, 01:25 PM   #45
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Met the guy and he seemed really nice. Hoping all goes well as he tackles whatever challenges are facing him mentally.

Nothing to be ashamed of. We live in crazy times and I'm sure there are pressures on pro hockey players that we can't begin to comprehend.

Best of luck to him.

Edit: I'll reserve judgment on the TC stuff until we have the facts.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2024, 01:32 PM   #46
Knut

Exp:

Let’s remember this the next time when certain people relentlessly dog a player. These are human beings. The thing I hate the most about hockey fandom is how a fan base will find a whipping boy and just be relentless against him.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2024, 01:35 PM   #47
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
Let’s remember this the next time when certain people relentlessly dog a player. These are human beings. The thing I hate the most about hockey fandom is how a fan base will find a whipping boy and just be relentless against him.
That’s what I was referring to above. People post all kinds of stuff on here about players. We know for a fact some of their relatives are on here, as well as media. I guarantee some players lurk.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2024, 01:35 PM   #48
Sec214
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Old 01-21-2024, 01:50 PM   #49
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think that Dube was too much of a whipping boy this year. I mean sure people were disappointed he didn't build on his 45P season. He played like a replacement level player for most of the year, and I don't mind people speculating on if the Flames would be better, or at least the same without him in the lineup.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2024, 02:06 PM   #50
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn't be too quick to connect the dots. It's speculation based on a rumor at best.
Old 01-21-2024, 02:31 PM   #51
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully he gets whatever help he needs, I'm not speculating on anything else. Opens a spot for a Wrangler, whom, I must say have been playing well when brought up.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 02:36 PM   #52
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's the nature of sports though,. People are not ragging on the actual individual as a person, they are expressing their frustration with the players performance. Don't worry, Dillon Dube didn't have a mental breakdown because he became a whipping boy on CP.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2024, 02:40 PM   #53
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don’t think Dube has come close to being the relentless whipping boy painted by some.

Suggesting the Flames would be better off trading him is not the same thing.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 03:39 PM   #54
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

No doubt the allegations/ investigation any potential involvement with the sexual assault as part of the WJ team have a part in both his performance and this leave he is taking. He is trending be out of the league with his NHL career over by 26 and that would be tough for anyone to take.
Old 01-21-2024, 04:36 PM   #55
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
No doubt the allegations/ investigation any potential involvement with the sexual assault as part of the WJ team have a part in both his performance and this leave he is taking. He is trending be out of the league with his NHL career over by 26 and that would be tough for anyone to take.
"No doubt"?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2024, 04:38 PM   #56
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Take all the time you need and get better, Dillon. Hope you can get back to being a happy Do Bee

Old 01-21-2024, 04:47 PM   #57
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
"No doubt"?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
I think the message was meant to be “these allegations and associated investigation, even if he’s innocent, would take a toll and affect his on ice performance”.
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 04:47 PM   #58
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to post such things, even on CP.

Quote:
Cyber-libel is a term used when someone has posted or emailed something that is untrue and damaging about someone else on the Internet, including in message boards, bulletin boards, blogs, chat rooms, personal websites, social media, social networking sites, or other published articles.
Quote:
In Canada, the courts have shown they are quite willing to hold responsible anyone who uses the Internet to defame others, even if the defamer is outside the country.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2024, 04:55 PM   #59
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

The team has a number of psychologists on staff, so this development was likely made in consultation with them.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 05:03 PM   #60
skcli
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I do not like his hockey play but wish him well as a human being. No one should go through this but if he does he needs to get help.

Hope you feel better soon Dillion.
skcli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skcli For This Useful Post: