Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2019, 12:16 AM   #1241
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

NJPW announced the have created NJPW Of America. This looks to be the next phase of US expansion with a focus on live shows.

Hilarious that this was announced before NXT Japan lol
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #1242
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

sounds like La Parka had a pretty bad accident at an event this weekend, and is undergoing next surgery today.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:19 AM   #1243
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Xavier Woods possibly gone for 8 month to a year after tearing his Achilles

Old 10-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #1244
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Yeah ouch, that one is going to sting. To be fair though, he comes across as a personality more than a wrestler, which means an injury shouldn't stop him from doing New Day material. Plus his UpUpDownDown work will more than keep him in the spotlight.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:59 AM   #1245
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah - I think this probably just means a transition to more of a manager / tv personality than a wrestler is in the cards sooner rather than later.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #1246
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Yeah - I think this probably just means a transition to more of a manager / tv personality than a wrestler is in the cards sooner rather than later.
Kingston: Main Eventer, massively over
Big E: Upper Card hand, US or Intercontinental Title holder
Woods: Manager

This seems to be a good place to keep them for now. Tag Titles don't seem to fit their mantra right now, unless they have nothing for the New Day and want to keep them busy.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:42 PM   #1247
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch View Post
sounds like la parka had a pretty bad accident at an event this weekend, and is undergoing next surgery today.
Yes, this looks brutal.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1186149680620568576
Old 10-22-2019, 03:47 PM   #1248
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sounds like he broke his next and under went surgery the next day, he did regain feeling and movement in his leg so thank goodness for that. I didn't know that he's the second wrestler to be in the mash.

Oh on a side note, anyone considering buying 2k20, don't the reviews are coming back that its a big buggy glitchy, incomplete mess.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:01 PM   #1249
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Have you seen the character sprites? Holy moly it's a disaster. Worst WWE game ever made apparently.

Meanwhile, I believe Cody and AEW have expressed interest in having a video game made that reflects the genius of the N64 wrestling games back in the day (by THQ), and are talking to Yukes. Producer Hiromi Furuta also revealed recently that Yuke’s had established a new development team tasked with creating a rival wrestling IP.

Basically everyone knows what the best wrestling games in history were, and WWE is moving away from that, and AEW might be moving towards it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 04:04 PM   #1250
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Have you seen the character sprites? Holy moly it's a disaster. Worst WWE game ever made apparently.

Meanwhile, I believe Cody and AEW have expressed interest in having a video game made that reflects the genius of the N64 wrestling games back in the day (by THQ), and are talking to Yukes. Producer Hiromi Furuta also revealed recently that Yuke’s had established a new development team tasked with creating a rival wrestling IP.

Basically everyone knows what the best wrestling games in history were, and WWE is moving away from that, and AEW might be moving towards it.
Just give me a meaningful game where I can fantasy book run-ins and rivalries properly. WWE 2K's Universe mode has so much potential but it's such a glitchy, repetitive mess.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:05 PM   #1251
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1186116114541006848
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #1252
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Just give me a meaningful game where I can fantasy book run-ins and rivalries properly. WWE 2K's Universe mode has so much potential but it's such a glitchy, repetitive mess.

I can't remember the name of it, but there was a brilliant series of text based wrestling games where you could book all of that. you could pick almost any federation in the world.

I once booked Stampede Wrestling into the biggest North American Wrestling Company and out of spite booked Hulk Hogan as a jobber fighting little people.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #1253
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I can't remember the name of it, but there was a brilliant series of text based wrestling games where you could book all of that. you could pick almost any federation in the world.

I once booked Stampede Wrestling into the biggest North American Wrestling Company and out of spite booked Hulk Hogan as a jobber fighting little people.
I think I remember that one. And you could sign wrestlers from rival promotions and whatnot, right? Then you'd book the PPVs and get a print out recap with star ratings, etc.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:04 PM   #1254
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I think I remember that one. And you could sign wrestlers from rival promotions and whatnot, right? Then you'd book the PPVs and get a print out recap with star ratings, etc.

Yeah it was a great game, it even had moral measurements, in the locker room. Suddenly you're big star would tell you that he hates the way he's being booked and threaten to leave at the end of his contract.

I also had a PPV booked and one of my mid card guys showed up in no condition to wrestle. (Thanks a lot Jeff Hardy).

You'd have to advertise and run weekly TV shows and it would grade the reaction to your shows.

You'd think you were brilliant and the fans would crap all over your booking.

Total Extreme Wrestling that was it

http://greydogsoftware.com/tew-2016/

Old 10-22-2019, 05:06 PM   #1255
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah it was a great game, it even had moral measurements, in the locker room. Suddenly you're big star would tell you that he hates the way he's being booked and threaten to leave at the end of his contract.

I also had a PPV booked and one of my mid card guys showed up in no condition to wrestle. (Thanks a lot Jeff Hardy).

You'd have to advertise and run weekly TV shows and it would grade the reaction to your shows.

You'd think you were brilliant and the fans would crap all over your booking.

Total Extreme Wrestling that was it

http://greydogsoftware.com/tew-2016/
The sad thing is that WWE even had something similar in their games from 10 years ago. I remember watching UpUpDownDown a while ago where Breeze and Woods each took control of Raw and Smackdown and went head to head to see who could book the better shows. It wasn't totally the same because you couldn't book feuds, so the shows were arbitrary, but there's really no reason why they couldn't incorporate something like that into a modern game.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:19 PM   #1256
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish 2K would add the GM mode that Smackdown vs RAW had where you had so much money to build your roster. That was fun.

I also wish they would do what EA does with UFC games and give free roster updates. But that would mean less money on paid DLC so that won’t be happening anytime soon
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:11 PM   #1257
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I played an earlier version of TEW. It was called Extreme Warfare Revenge. Fairly simple. I played ankther similar game too but I liked EWR because it was less time consuming to book shows.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:02 AM   #1258
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

TEW was really accurate, you could guarantee if you tried to create the NWO that Nash would give wild contract demands, put on the worst matches consistently and become a locker room cancer.

I did the WCW, and after ratings started to slide I let go Hogan, Nash and Hall, and elevated the younger more athletic guys, and began to pull in huge numbers. I then raided WWF for their young guys as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 10:28 PM   #1259
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

"My God, they're gonna destroy the dip'n dots!"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 11:24 PM   #1260
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
TEW was really accurate, you could guarantee if you tried to create the NWO that Nash would give wild contract demands, put on the worst matches consistently and become a locker room cancer.

I did the WCW, and after ratings started to slide I let go Hogan, Nash and Hall, and elevated the younger more athletic guys, and began to pull in huge numbers. I then raided WWF for their young guys as well.
I looked back and I have a better recollection now.

The first game I played was "Promotion Wars" and I did play it a lot because it was simple, but hard to play for a long time because no matter how much heat you could get the feuds, no matter how over you got the faces, it was hard to continually grow a promotion.

EWR was still pretty good to play. It went into more detail and took a bit more time to book matches but you could take a promotion and work with it for a considerable amount of time.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote