Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-06-2021, 09:03 AM   #1261
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsim View Post
So wait, if i already have Ultimate, I can buy annual ea access cards from Costco and it will auto convert to months of game pass?
Yes. That’s the trick.

I also do a Microsoft rewards thing for free points that convert to game pass for free as well.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.

Last edited by McG; 02-06-2021 at 11:12 AM.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to McG For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2021, 10:13 AM   #1262
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it possible to pre-order a PS5 at all? Like in a bundle for an upcoming game or something?
Old 02-09-2021, 08:19 PM   #1263
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Is it possible to pre-order a PS5 at all? Like in a bundle for an upcoming game or something?
Afraid not. Demand isn't close to being met yet so they're gone pretty much instantly whenever they go up. Follow the usual twitter and discord places, drops to happen time to time. There was a drop yesterday I think.

Heck, even Japan had crowd control issues when word got out ahead of time that a store was selling some. Pretty much unheard of.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:14 AM   #1264
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
The chip shortages are predicted to run to the end of 2021 so there's a possibility that there will be no new consoles on store shelves until later in the year.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:56 AM   #1265
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Xbox has began rolling out the FPS Boost functionality on a small set of reverse compatible games.

Quote:
Microsoft is launching a new FPS Boost feature for its latest Xbox Series X and Series S consoles that’s designed to make existing games run better. While Microsoft has previously focused on improving frame rates with backward compatibility for its latest Xbox consoles, FPS Boost is specifically designed to improve older games without developers having to put in any additional work.

Some games will nearly double frame rates, and Microsoft says it has seen a few instances where backward-compatible titles even quadruple in frame rates. The first games to support FPS Boost are Far Cry 4, New Super Lucky’s Tale, Sniper Elite 4, UFC 4, and Watch Dogs 2. The improvements vary across games, with New Super Lucky’s Tale now running at up to 120fps, and UFC 4 includes 60fps performance on the Xbox Series S specifically.
https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/17/2...-feature-games

I assume this will roll out to most back compat games moving forward once testing is done on them.

Digital Foundry also did a review of the games running FPS boost:

Last edited by Since1984; 02-17-2021 at 12:00 PM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 08:25 PM   #1266
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Console wars are over. Everybody go home.

Joking aside, they've got a demo of this and hopefully this brings back a big push for tactics games again.
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2021, 10:13 PM   #1267
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

PS5 bundles:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playsta.../6000202281150
Old 02-18-2021, 10:14 PM   #1268
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playsta.../6000201790922
Old 02-25-2021, 03:59 PM   #1269
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Xbox Live is down so I can't play Forza. :sadface:
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:09 PM   #1270
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just want to make the usual rant about digital versus physical costs of games.

Katamari damacy Reroll is a direct port of an old game. Updates for ps5 and Xbox X/S graphics. Not best of, not “with 10 new levels”, not GoTY add ones. I’ve only played beautiful katamari and had waaaaay too much fun so I’ll buy this for the new Xbox.

$40 digital and $25 physical. Huh.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
The Following User Says Thank You to McG For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2021, 10:15 AM   #1271
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
I just want to make the usual rant about digital versus physical costs of games.

Katamari damacy Reroll is a direct port of an old game. Updates for ps5 and Xbox X/S graphics. Not best of, not “with 10 new levels”, not GoTY add ones. I’ve only played beautiful katamari and had waaaaay too much fun so I’ll buy this for the new Xbox.

$40 digital and $25 physical. Huh.
Different store fronts demand different pricing approaches though. Digital always keeps the "standard price" the same so that they can offer deep discounts through digital flash sales and such.

If you look at Katamari's price history (here) you'll see the digital version is frequently on sale for $13, as recently as two weeks ago too, a price it will never be for physically since the physical stores can't eat that much cost.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
McG
Old 03-08-2021, 03:54 PM   #1272
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I get the continuing shortages for the PS5 console itself, but why the hell is the DualSense charging station still nowhere to be found? I don't get that at all
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:20 PM   #1273
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Walmart.ca has PS5's right now.

https://www.walmart.ca/browse/video-...-6000202239918
Old 03-09-2021, 09:58 AM   #1274
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now do GPU's.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1369329446696587265
Old 03-09-2021, 03:36 PM   #1275
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Maybe others would have evidence to the contrary, but I feel we're at the point now where you can get a PS5 at retail if you really want one - especially if you're willing to buy a bundle with an extra Controller or a game. You wouldn't be able to stroll into a store to pick one up, but the online stores have had quite a few units available in the last week or two, and are actually staying in stock for 15 minutes or more. I think enough for someone that's really in pursuit of one, if they're following the right sources.

Even the resale market on Kijiji has really stagnated, with those actually selling going for not much above retail. Those posting with crazy high prices are there quite a while.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:24 PM   #1276
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Different store fronts demand different pricing approaches though. Digital always keeps the "standard price" the same so that they can offer deep discounts through digital flash sales and such.

If you look at Katamari's price history (here) you'll see the digital version is frequently on sale for $13, as recently as two weeks ago too, a price it will never be for physically since the physical stores can't eat that much cost.
My rant wasn’t expected to get such a great response! I’m using this price graph from now on. Thank you! I hope that the Xbox site firms up a bit.

I was just, you know, complaining.

Last edited by McG; 03-09-2021 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:54 AM   #1277
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingmoose View Post
Maybe others would have evidence to the contrary, but I feel we're at the point now where you can get a PS5 at retail if you really want one - especially if you're willing to buy a bundle with an extra Controller or a game. You wouldn't be able to stroll into a store to pick one up, but the online stores have had quite a few units available in the last week or two, and are actually staying in stock for 15 minutes or more. I think enough for someone that's really in pursuit of one, if they're following the right sources.

Even the resale market on Kijiji has really stagnated, with those actually selling going for not much above retail. Those posting with crazy high prices are there quite a while.
Staying in stock for 15 minutes isn't what I would consider widely available. In December I was thinking that consoles would be widely available by April but I'm not sure we will see them on store shelves in the summer the way things are going.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:14 AM   #1278
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think it would be great if Wallmart or other online retailers had a online lottery where you setup a account and you get one ticket per address for one console. I am sure there is hacks around that but it would probably get the scalpers out of the mix and give people a chance who can't hover twitter and Discord.

Anyways, if anyone sees a PS5 for sale let me know! ;-)
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:45 AM   #1279
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
I think it would be great if Wallmart or other online retailers had a online lottery where you setup a account and you get one ticket per address for one console. I am sure there is hacks around that but it would probably get the scalpers out of the mix and give people a chance who can't hover twitter and Discord.

Anyways, if anyone sees a PS5 for sale let me know! ;-)
I have over $600 in ebgames store credit that I've been waiting to use for a PS5 or Series X for my boys but at this rate they may go under before they ever get the new consoles in stock lol.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:52 AM   #1280
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I have over $600 in ebgames store credit that I've been waiting to use for a PS5 or Series X for my boys but at this rate they may go under before they ever get the new consoles in stock lol.
Is this store credit on your Edge card? does your edge card have a scratch off pin on the back?

If so, you can use that to buy a console online. If not maybe try here
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote