Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2021, 11:13 AM   #901
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

if you had buy fills set for eth or ada, could have made some nice gains today. eth was at 700 and ada at 0.19 at one point. incredible.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:54 AM   #902
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worth View Post
if you had buy fills set for eth or ada, could have made some nice gains today. eth was at 700 and ada at 0.19 at one point. incredible.
Yeah had a nice buy order in overnight on Binance and improved my ADA position.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2021, 09:26 AM   #903
Sluggo
Scoring Winger

Exp:

What happens when you run out of video cards to mine

https://twitter.com/user/status/1359169998938324999
Sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:01 AM   #904
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interestingly enough, it looks like some big mining groups switched off of ETH overnight to another coin (CFX maybe? Not sure), but there's been a big jump in my ETH gains in the last 24 hours even though my hashes are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:07 AM   #905
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I see that BTC is down now from 70k to 60k CAD. Is it worth loading up some more or will it keep dipping?
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:00 AM   #906
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I see that BTC is down now from 70k to 60k CAD. Is it worth loading up some more or will it keep dipping?
Let me speak for Dino. BUY NOW ITS GOING TO A BILLION!!!!!

but seriously thats the problem with crypto, at least Dino bought crypto and hyped it up unlike the idiot Elon who bought it and then said its overpriced, lol.

I expect it to go back up and beyond.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:54 PM   #907
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Good day to invest in some BTC, down to around 56k Canadian on coinsquare as of now.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:08 PM   #908
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post

but seriously thats the problem with crypto, at least Dino bought crypto and hyped it up unlike the idiot Elon who bought it and then said its overpriced, lol.

as is always the case with this I ask why, I see no reason for it to go up or down or sideways, what mechanism in the larger economy makes it worth more or less?
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:15 PM   #909
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post

Elon probably wants more at sale price...paper hands sell and the big guys will scoop it all up.

Won't hit a billion but 100k this year still IMO

Last edited by dino7c; 02-23-2021 at 04:18 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:37 PM   #910
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
as is always the case with this I ask why, I see no reason for it to go up or down or sideways, what mechanism in the larger economy makes it worth more or less?
50/50? Lol, I can’t give you an answer besides because it was up? I totally agree that I don’t see the factors causing it to rise or fall besides adoption. I feel like this is a long con but FOMO also, what can we do?
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:13 PM   #911
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I’d agree with you in the short term there is no reason for the ups and downs of Bitcoin. Over the long term if it follows its track on being a gold replacement then its value will be dictated by two things.

The amount of wealth people want to store in an inflation independent currency and the amount of other coins that can gain enough popularity to provide a substitute.

So if demand for inflation independant currencies that are relatively easy to transfer and trade (relative to gold) increases then the value of a fixed supply coin goes up.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:48 PM   #912
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

There were 35,000+ BTC transferred by a few whales worth $1.92 billion over the past 24-48 hours which likely in some small or large way moved the market.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 04:24 PM   #913
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I’d agree with you in the short term there is no reason for the ups and downs of Bitcoin. Over the long term if it follows its track on being a gold replacement then its value will be dictated by two things.

The amount of wealth people want to store in an inflation independent currency and the amount of other coins that can gain enough popularity to provide a substitute.

So if demand for inflation independant currencies that are relatively easy to transfer and trade (relative to gold) increases then the value of a fixed supply coin goes up.
Flawed argument...

Bitcoin can't become a gold replacement BECAUSE its supply is finite and already limited. As a result, it won't work as a gold replacement because it won't work as an inflation hedge.

If other cryptos DO provide an easy substitute, then the scarcity argument fails.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:01 PM   #914
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Flawed argument...

Bitcoin can't become a gold replacement BECAUSE its supply is finite and already limited. As a result, it won't work as a gold replacement because it won't work as an inflation hedge.

If other cryptos DO provide an easy substitute, then the scarcity argument fails.
You’re right it will be 10x better than gold not replace. You’re argument against inflation hedge because of it’s scarcity makes no sense.

You don’t understand Bitcoin value I get it, but I wouldn’t speak in absolutes, it sounds silly.

I think you should def load up on gold.

Last edited by Yoho; 02-24-2021 at 07:20 PM.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 07:03 PM   #915
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

This thread increasingly sounds like an Amway meeting
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 07:17 PM   #916
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Flawed argument...

Why does a finite supply limit it’s ability to become an inflation hedge. Bitcoin is inherently deflationary.

I agree that if other crypto’s provide an easy substitute for Bitcoin then bitcoins ultimate value is pegged to the total supply of virtual currency and not bitcoins. This is what will put a cap on bitcoins value and it’s unclear what mechanism would set price. Gold is valuable because it is gold (yes there are industrial uses) but it’s value is really driven by the cultural value placed on it. Are we creating some weird cultural value of Bitcoin?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:03 PM   #917
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

the reason Bitcoin cant or more to the point wont replace Gold in much of the world is that you cannot bury it or smuggle it out of the country stuffed up your backside all the while using it to bribe the soldiers you come across nor can you show off with it and you need access to a reasonably functioning banking system to access your wealth when stored in bitcoin, gold and diamonds have always been favored as you can both store wealth in them while being easy to hide and instantly available to save your life all at the same time.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:06 PM   #918
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
I remember the last bitcoin I had was worth about $150. I spent it all on Humble Bundles.

That is all.
ouch
Old 02-24-2021, 11:26 PM   #919
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
the reason Bitcoin cant or more to the point wont replace Gold in much of the world is that you cannot bury it or smuggle it out of the country stuffed up your backside all the while using it to bribe the soldiers you come across nor can you show off with it and you need access to a reasonably functioning banking system to access your wealth when stored in bitcoin, gold and diamonds have always been favored as you can both store wealth in them while being easy to hide and instantly available to save your life all at the same time.
To be fair everything you have posted in this thread has aged like milk left out in the sun so...
Old 02-25-2021, 01:05 AM   #920
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
To be fair everything you have posted in this thread has aged like milk left out in the sun so...
so no arguement against the logic then

Tags
bitcoin , cryptocurrency , ethereum