Franchise Player

Exp:

Wtf Miller??
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:42 PM   #22
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Star Helix! What you doing here? You lose a bet?

The space battle was really well done. I love how they vented the ship before going into combat.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:55 AM   #23
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

How they managed to outpunch the stealth ship at close range really well done. Using the habitat ring as an obstacle.

Overall I thought it was a good kickoff to the season, maybe a bit slow for the first episode but it picked back up pretty fast.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:30 PM   #24
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Miller really redeemed himself... loved the "I'm going to take my pet nuke for a walk". Episode was intense right up till the last moments.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2017, 08:08 PM   #25
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Episode 5 was one of the best episodes of a sci-fi TV show in the last decade or two. Simply incredible.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #26
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

This show is so damn good and it deserves far more attention.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #27
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

It really does, we need shows like this to be successes, otherwise we'll have another firefly on our hands where people discover it after the fact.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:09 PM   #28
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
It really does, we need shows like this to be successes, otherwise we'll have another firefly on our hands where people discover it after the fact.
This is why I keep on posting in the thread. Every person I've recruited to watch has loved it after they watched a few episodes. Also been voting with my wallet and purchased the season from Google.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:32 PM   #29
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This show is simply brilliant.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2017, 04:37 PM   #30
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

This week's episode wasn't as good as the last few but to be honest, it would be extremely tough to top last week's. I knew something crazy was going to happen on Ganymede and I was getting all pumped up to see those martian marines go to battle. Sad that it cut away. Hopefully we get to see a little more of what happened in the next episode.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:53 PM   #31
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm going to watch this as soon as I finish the book 'Leviathan Wakes'. Has pretty much everyone here who's in to the show read some or all of the books? I'm quite digging it so far. The trailer I watched for the show struck me as underwhelming for some reason but reception here seems to be quite positive overall.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:11 PM   #32
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
I'm going to watch this as soon as I finish the book 'Leviathan Wakes'. Has pretty much everyone here who's in to the show read some or all of the books? I'm quite digging it so far. The trailer I watched for the show struck me as underwhelming for some reason but reception here seems to be quite positive overall.
I bought the first three books a while back but only just started reading them. I am about 100 pages into Leviathan Wakes and really enjoying it. I don't want to turn this into another Game of Thrones thread type thing so I'll keep book spoilers out of it. I've noticed that they've changed some things in the show but for the most part it's pretty bang on. They even pull lines right out of the book.

The original trailers were not very great but the show is really good. Every person I've told to watch it has gone on to binge the entire series.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2017, 06:49 PM   #33
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
They made a bit of a mistake in the start of the series putting the show out as a one hour premiere instead of the usual two hours for these type of shows. First episode is a lot of world building that might end up being a bit slow but second episode hits the ground running.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #34
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's been renewed for a third season
Quote:
The Expanse has been renewed for Season 3. Say that to yourself and let the sci-fi space opera warmth flood your being. Let it become your mantra: The Expanse. Renewed. The Expanse. Renewed. Feels good doesn't it? Yeah we're pretty pumped!

And we're not the only ones. Critical acclaim has been stacking up for The Expanse ever since Season 1, but it's in Season 2 where things just got plain paramount. io9 called it the “best sci-fi show on TV”. Wired said Season 2 was “transforming TV”. The 13-episode third season will premiere on Syfy in 2018. while Season 2 is currently airing every Wednesday at 10/9c.

“The Expanse is a gorgeous, thrilling, emotional series that has quite simply raised the bar for science fiction on television,” said Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “We, along with the fans, are looking forward to continuing the journey with our partners at Alcon Television Group and the series’ brilliant cast and crew.”
http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse/blog/...d-for-season-3
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2017, 08:37 PM   #35
Aeneas
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great news. Have not read any of the books, but I will pick the first book up after the season is over.

This is the show I look forward to more than any other, used to be Walking Dead, but Expanse has become my favourite.

Same as when i first watched Firefly, I try to spread the word to everyone I know.

Please watch this! Don't make it go away.
Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #36
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default The Expanse

I have season 1 all downloaded on iTunes and ready to go. Just about to finish up with Leviathan Wakes (book 1)!
Old 05-28-2017, 09:17 AM   #37
Tawiskaron
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Thanks to everyone whom recommended the series. Binged watched both seasons, eagerly awaiting the next one. Now reading the books as I'm eager to see how the story progresses. Have spread the word to friends on this awesome series (tv and book).
Tawiskaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #38
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

The books are great, and the show lives up to them. I'm glad to hear we are getting more

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #39
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I really like the show and how they at least try to deal with issues like gravity and momentum. Too bad the guy who plays Holden is such a crappy actor. The actress that plays Naomi isn't much better either. Everyone else is great though.
pseudoreality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:20 AM   #40
Bane
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I binged both seasons over the holidays, and this is some of the best sci-fi that I've seen in a long time. I love the casting and the story. It draws on the best elements of Babylon 5 and Firefly and creates a great universe for this story.

I'm not crazy about the casting choice for Drapper. Frankie Adams is a fine actress, but seems badly miscast for a marine character.
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noir , pew pew pew , sci fi , space opera , the expanse