Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Old 02-24-2021, 01:26 PM   #1241
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Beat me to it, I just came here to post that as well.

I'm sure we can expect most 75+ year olds to figure out how to use Chrome Developer Tools!
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Torture For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 01:40 PM   #1242
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post
Kinda disappointed in the efficacy myself even though it sounds like it will still be pretty good.
The overall efficacy is lower than the others, but there are some very good things about it too, even looking at it just from an individual's perspective:

-it's a single dose, so one less appointment to go to.

-efficacy didn't drop much at all against the South African variant, which is the real concern in terms of escape variants. By comparison, the Oxford vaccine showed almost no efficacy against symptomatic illness for that variant.

-while the data is fairly limited, it seems to show excellent efficacy in preventing asymptomatic infection, which would mean you're much less likely to spread it after being vaccinated. The only other vaccine that has really tested that was the Oxford vaccine and it didn't show a reduction in asymptomatic infections.

-they are currently running a 2-dose trial, so if you get the J&J vaccine as a 1-shot dose and it is shown that 2-doses is more effective, you can likely get a booster later on.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:50 PM   #1243
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

My 75 year old mom booked for a couple weeks. My poor still 73 year old dad - no luck yet, hopefully soon.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:38 PM   #1244
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canada has now 'blown past' 3% given first jab..hoping each percent doesn't take a month anymore. shouldn't
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:01 PM   #1245
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

March deliveries for Moderna are now confirmed. 460K doses in the week of March 8th and 840K doses in the week of March 22nd, so a total of 1.986M in Q1 if my math is correct. So that would be 14K doses below the 2M target, but at the same Pfizer is delivering 26K over their target for Q1, so it ends up about even overall.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mod...arch-1.5926453
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 03:03 PM   #1246
cal_guy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

During Question Period Trudeau announced that Moderna will deliver 460K doses during the week of March 8th, and 840K in the week March 22nd. Pfizer will deliver 1.5 million doses over the first 2 weeks of April.
cal_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cal_guy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 03:08 PM   #1247
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another nice piece of datum is the 74% efficacy against asymptomatic infection after 29 days.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:09 PM   #1248
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_guy View Post
Pfizer will deliver 1.5 million doses over the first 2 weeks of April.
That's great news. I was worried they were going to start slow in Q2, but 750K a week is nearly the average pace for the whole quarter. With 10.8M doses over 13 weeks, that'd average to 831K a week. Hopefully Moderna can start strong too (their average over Q2 should be about 925K a week).
Old 02-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #1249
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sure the actual number will be known soon (if not already) but I think Alberta got about 9.5% of the Feb Moderna (we get a bit proportionately less of this given allocations to the North/territories) so maybe about 122 K of moderna in March for AB?
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:13 PM   #1250
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Another nice piece of datum is the 74% efficacy against asymptomatic infection after 29 days.
Yeah, the fear was that these vaccines would be reducing severity primarily, so they'd be making serious cases moderate and moderate cases asymptomatic; in that case you'd actually see an increase in asymptomatic cases among vaccinated individuals. But to see no increase (with the Oxford vaccine) and a huge decrease (with J&J and possibly the others) is fantastic news for reducing spread. The only real caveat is that the asymptomatic numbers are based on very limited data in both trials, so it's not 100% that it'll work out that way in the real world.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:23 PM   #1251
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
Canada has now 'blown past' 3% given first jab..hoping each percent doesn't take a month anymore. shouldn't
At this point 7 to 10 days for the next % should happen, and then at least weekly from now on, even faster with the Moderna coming in during March.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:24 PM   #1252
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm sure the actual number will be known soon (if not already) but I think Alberta got about 9.5% of the Feb Moderna (we get a bit proportionately less of this given allocations to the North/territories) so maybe about 122 K of moderna in March for AB?
That's correct for February, but up to now Alberta has gotten about 10.2% of Moderna, so it might be higher than 122K in March.

My understanding is they're shooting for having enough doses for herd immunity in the territories by the end of Q1. Based on what they'll have received up to the end of February, I think they'd need about 100K of the 1.3M Moderna doses in March. If that's correct, it'd leave 1.2M for the rest of Canada, which given Alberta's population share would be in the 130-135K range. But who knows, I could be off on how many doses the territories are allotted.
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 03:28 PM   #1253
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
No update on the Gov't of Canada site yet on March Moderna, but I can see the numbers being a bit higher than this. With the territories getting close to being covered (Yay!) for at least a 1st shot, the provinces might get a slightly higher percentage of the stock that is coming in.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:32 PM   #1254
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Health Minister coming up to talk about the vaccination rollout.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...lmed-1.5925889
Old 02-24-2021, 08:14 PM   #1255
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got my second shot of Pfizer today feel great, arm is barely sore just like last time.
calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgaryred For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 10:46 PM   #1256
BoLevi
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone know how things went with the injections this afternoon?
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:59 PM   #1257
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
Anyone know how things went with the injections this afternoon?
5817 today.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote