Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-12-2021, 07:19 PM   #1261
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
No. But if he did a great job fixing my toilet, and I require his services again I'm probably calling him back. Unless he did something clearly egregious that I hear about I'm not going to go through his social media and find evidence of his stupidity and hold it against him. I don't need to vet every person I work with or deal with down to that level of scrutiny. Let's face it..this is where the US is as a society. The plumber has to be on your side of the political isle, and if he's not you've got to through and find all the dumb things he said to use it against him. That is a pretty terrible place to be as a society.
If I thought my plumber was an #######, I’d find another guy who can fix a toilet. And if too many customers thought the same way, said plumber has a problem.

Not like Disney combed through her social media or somehow went looking for this.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:46 PM   #1262
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Is it even about the money? Has Disney lost subscribers? Have advertisers threatened to stop?

Her tweets are bad but this is ok on twitter?

NSFW!

Last edited by GirlySports; 02-12-2021 at 11:52 PM.
GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2021, 08:07 AM   #1263
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post

NSFW!
Twitter is a toilet.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2021, 09:00 AM   #1264
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Is it even about the money? Has Disney lost subscribers? Have advertisers threatened to stop?

NSFW!
I mean even though this is your schtick you clearly (hopefully?) know the difference. Beyond that if any of these people lose their jobs because their employers believe their social media posts will be bad for business then the game is the game. I mean it will never not be hilarious that the biggest proponents of "capitalism is great" get pissed off when capitalism does #### like this. Also a reminder that being actually good helps shield you too, she isn't exactly Katharine Hepburn out there. To use a sports analogy she's (at best) a replacement level actress.

Anyway with more time to think on this I actually am starting to suspect she knew she wasn't coming back before the Holocaust post, so she went out guns blazing to kickstart her ride on the right wing grifter tit. The fact she was ready to go with Ben Shapiro Pictures 24 hours after being "dumped" is pretty telling.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 02-13-2021 at 09:03 AM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Senator Clay Davis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2021, 09:22 AM   #1265
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

She should make some jokes about ####ing kids, that'll get the twitterati and disney exec's back on her side. Get away from this far-right fringe stuff and get back to the stuff that plays well with them.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:24 AM   #1266
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I mean even though this is your schtick you clearly (hopefully?) know the difference. Beyond that if any of these people lose their jobs because their employers believe their social media posts will be bad for business then the game is the game. I mean it will never not be hilarious that the biggest proponents of "capitalism is great" get pissed off when capitalism does #### like this. Also a reminder that being actually good helps shield you too, she isn't exactly Katharine Hepburn out there. To use a sports analogy she's (at best) a replacement level actress.

Anyway with more time to think on this I actually am starting to suspect she knew she wasn't coming back before the Holocaust post, so she went out guns blazing to kickstart her ride on the right wing grifter tit. The fact she was ready to go with Ben Shapiro Pictures 24 hours after being "dumped" is pretty telling.
There were posts earlier suggesting that it was about money but I think it's about conduct. I mean, the tweet in question happened on Tuesday, it was the final straw.

We'll see if she was at best a replacement, as they did have plans to spinoff her character. That's one direction they've lost now. That might in fact hurt the bottom line more. So again, I don't think this was a money decision, it was about conduct after warnings.

And I added the twitter screen cap because twitter is insane to allow all that.

Last edited by GirlySports; 02-13-2021 at 09:26 AM.
GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:31 AM   #1267
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not just about her though. You think her castmates were looking forward to every media appearance being about what bat#### tweets Gina posted this week? Even if she wasn't a financial liability, she was a liability overall. This might be different if the Holocaust post was her first out of bounds post, but she's been on the Q side of things for a while and clearly wasn't going to slow down. And look at her filmography, she's pretty much the definition of replacement level. Getting a spinoff isn't so much about her talent as it is about Disney milking the Star Wars tit beyond dry, pretty soon entertainment will just be Star Wars and MCU.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:38 AM   #1268
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
It's not just about her though. You think her castmates were looking forward to every media appearance being about what bat#### tweets Gina posted this week?
You can say the same thing about anyone being outspoken politically, whether you deem it stupid and crazy or not.
I don't agree with anything she has said but should we allow a voice only to people who agree with us?

This sounds a lot like "shut up and dribble"
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:00 PM   #1269
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
You can say the same thing about anyone being outspoken politically, whether you deem it stupid and crazy or not.
I don't agree with anything she has said but should we allow a voice only to people who agree with us?

I actually don't find it odd that employees in a role where the public represent a business are held to a standard of conduct. The thing is, when the company enforces that standard, they are making a statement. So if a company has 80% black employees, and black people make up a significant share of their customer base, firing an employee for saying black lives matter might not be the message they are hoping to send. I believe Disney takes this decision in the hope that they are seen as a company that support truth and diversity. True or not, that is the public relations message Disney wants to send.

I work for a construction company, I believe my companies selfish interest in that new development is good. If I went around telling potential clients that it would be better for the environment if we just retrofit / reuse existing buildings, then I would not have the opportunity to talk to clients on behalf of my employer anymore. Some might
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:14 AM   #1270
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post

There's quite a difference between supporting Black Lives Matter and supporting QAnon. You can have differing political views, and despite conservatives believing that Hollywood is just hardcore leftists and China sycophants there are many noted conservative actors in Hollywood. You don't get cancelled for saying I want lower taxes, or I want smaller government, or I want more free trade, or I am pro-life, or whatever other standard conservative views. If you can find me where she speaks about lowering taxes and eliminating regulations, that's great. But all you can find is anti-vaxx, anti-mask, anti-trans, and anti-reality takes. We need to differentiate conservative views with bat#### views. She was fired for the latter, not the former. The fact the the latter is slowly becoming the mainstream view of the former is a much bigger problem than "cancel culture". But both sides-ing this is dumb. They are not equivalent views. Hell if she just wanted to say "Back the Blue" or whatever then she'd be fine. Being political is fine, just don't say stupid, outlandish, conspiratorial ####. Is that really that hard?
Old 03-22-2021, 09:49 AM   #1271
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Source video for Boba

Spoiler!

Last edited by Mull; 03-22-2021 at 09:51 AM.
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mull For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2023, 09:20 PM   #1272
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bumping the proper thread

Great episode!
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 09:43 PM   #1273
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

You just know under Bo's mask at the last scene she became an instant believer.

Also Groku leveled up like 10 levels in the 6 or so m9nths he was training with Luke. Or was it two weeks. Ah who cares. He jumps!

For a second there before Mando told him to go get Bo I was half convinced he was going to pick up the dark Saber.
Old 03-09-2023, 06:15 AM   #1274
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Somehow I missed how Groku got back with Mando
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 07:51 AM   #1275
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:
icon53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Somehow I missed how Groku got back with Mando
Book of Bobba Fett.
Old 03-09-2023, 09:33 AM   #1276
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

*Grogu

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2023, 10:07 AM   #1277
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ah, how I envy those that don't know BOBF episode 5 and 6 exist yet
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 10:17 AM   #1278
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
You mean Mandalorian Season 2.5 - Part 1 and 2
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 10:23 AM   #1279
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
Agreed. The whole show really went downhill when they took the focus off the sand people and their culture.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2023, 10:58 AM   #1280
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

The first episode was a little slow getting the story going again, but I thought this one was really exciting. I am hot and cold with Amy Sedaris character, but enjoyed her last night.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote