Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2021, 03:23 PM   #41
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Chris Johnston
@reporterchris
Seven #canucks are now on the NHL"s COVID Protocol list: Alex Edler, Adam Gaudette, Travis Hamonic, Braden Holtby, Quinn Hughes, Zack MacEwan and Antoine Roussel.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:32 PM   #42
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
At 10-15 feet away, the Flames are likely okay from that exposure. Especially if there was masking involved at that distance.
I know of families where the kid had Covid and didn't give it to any of the other family members in the home over the course of a few days.

In this case, 2 to 3 meters or more apart, chatting for a few minutes, mask(or no mask), while not impossible, is highly improbable that the interaction is of any concern. Given the rules for"close contact", this doesn't qualify in the eyes of at least AHS for testing.

Chances are the Flames wouldve been more exposed at other points in the day being in the building (touch points, other conversations out of view of reporters looking to break stories etc) but I am certainly they are getting tested multiple times a day to ensure nothing got transmitted in Vancouver.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:36 PM   #43
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ffs Hamonic.

Look what happened to you anyway. Hope your family stays healthy.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:37 PM   #44
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhitbox View Post
I was just saying that I was surprised that they all tested positive at that same moment and none of them had reported feeling sick.
If you're still surprised then you haven't been paying attention. Its called asymptomatic transmission. This has been stressed since the start of the pandemic. You can carry it for days without showing symptoms.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:44 PM   #45
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
I know of families where the kid had Covid and didn't give it to any of the other family members in the home over the course of a few days.

In this case, 2 to 3 meters or more apart, chatting for a few minutes, mask(or no mask), while not impossible, is highly improbable that the interaction is of any concern. Given the rules for"close contact", this doesn't qualify in the eyes of at least AHS for testing.

Chances are the Flames wouldve been more exposed at other points in the day being in the building (touch points, other conversations out of view of reporters looking to break stories etc) but I am certainly they are getting tested multiple times a day to ensure nothing got transmitted in Vancouver.
My wife works for AHS and spent a day at work with a coworker who was symptomatic and later tested positive. They never got closer than 6 feet for more than a minute or two at a time and were masked up all day long. She wasn't flagged as needing to isolate due to that. She was one of two people in her department who didn't need to.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:50 PM   #46
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
If you're still surprised then you haven't been paying attention. Its called asymptomatic transmission. This has been stressed since the start of the pandemic. You can carry it for days without showing symptoms.
8 people. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 50/50 half asystomatic and half showing symptoms. I was the one from the beginning telling people that China, the great humanitarian government that they are.... Weren't trying help and save the people, they were locking down to keep them silent.

Sent from my XQ-AT52 using Tapatalk
Johnhitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:59 PM   #47
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhitbox View Post
8 people. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 50/50 half asymptomatic and half showing symptoms.
So, if four were symptomatic and four were asymptomatic then you have no surprise? Weird. There's nothing showing that all 8 were exposed at the same time or even from the same person. Combine that with everyone responding differently to COVID-19 there's no way to accurately predict who would and who wouldn't be symptomatic. I don't see how you could be surprised when the numbers could go any number of ways. Surprise infers a certain level of prediction which isn't possible.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:01 PM   #48
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkudo View Post
So terrible that they have the same amount of points as the Flames. Thought they would be way worse.
Who said anything about the Flames or said they haven't been terrible also.

Guy said injuries might cost Benning his job...team sucked balls when their roster was healthy too. They were pretty much out of it 3 weeks into the season.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #49
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
The answers are in a lab in Wuhan.

Nope you are wrong!!! The answers are in you home!!! You and your family brew it in your home made lab!!1
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:15 PM   #50
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just give all the players the vaccination already, optics he damned.
We all know the rich and connected get things the average person doesn't. Why should the vaccination be any different?
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:11 PM   #51
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sportsnet's Dan Murphy says it could be upwards of double-digits with staff and players.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1378022128243605504
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:42 PM   #52
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I was going to say the same thing. I heard on the radio that more than half of the cases now are the more contagious variants that emerged more recently.

Cheeses help us if variants emerge that are not covered by the vaccine. If it become like the flu, where vaccinating comes down to predicting which variants will be dominant at any given time, then COVID is just going to be a fact of life from now on. How infectious a virus is can also increase how many mutations are out there. So while the new variants aren't necessarily more deadly, it's scary for other reasons.
What kind of cheeses do you recommend we take to defend against the variants?
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2021, 06:46 PM   #53
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bet it starts to happen more...how vigilant are teams that have nothing to play for going to be really

Guys probably can't wait to be done the season so they can live their normal millionaire lives
Old 04-02-2021, 06:48 PM   #54
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I bet it starts to happen more...how vigilant are teams that have nothing to play for going to be really

Guys probably can't wait to be done the season so they can live their normal millionaire lives
Surely you’re not intimating that players will purposely disregard Covid protocols?
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:52 PM   #55
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
Surely you’re not intimating that players will purposely disregard Covid protocols?
fixed
Old 04-02-2021, 07:19 PM   #56
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dan Murphy mentioned today, wonder if the nhl when having to reschedule things with the canucks being off now, pushes any games between the canucks, flames, and sens to the end of the year, so the playoff teams get the same amount of games and then just sort those 3 by points percentages for the lottery

Makes sense
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:50 PM   #57
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Dan Murphy mentioned today, wonder if the nhl when having to reschedule things with the canucks being off now, pushes any games between the canucks, flames, and sens to the end of the year, so the playoff teams get the same amount of games and then just sort those 3 by points percentages for the lottery

Makes sense
Not if teams are still mathematically in the race
Old 04-02-2021, 08:21 PM   #58
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wonder when the make up game will be?
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:50 PM   #59
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Dreger reporting more positives

Darren Dreger
@DarrenDreger
As expected additional positive cases have been determined with the Vancouver Canucks. It’s also believed a variant has been identified in some of the cases.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
The latest round of positive test results was received this evening.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:38 PM   #60
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
Just give all the players the vaccination already, optics he damned.
We all know the rich and connected get things the average person doesn't. Why should the vaccination be any different?
Worst take ever...
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote