Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 08:26 PM   #10041
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Again, Florida has two key pieces that the Flames do not.

An elite #1C and an elite #1D both in their primes.
Maybe Feaster should have offered all 3 of the first rounders to Florida as well to draft Barkov.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:27 PM   #10042
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Ekblad is injured, they have Stralman on the taxi squad.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:40 PM   #10043
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't see why Philly would trade Konecny for Gaudreau. He's 4 years younger with 4 more years left on his deal. Konecny outscored Gaudreau last year and has 6 less points in 9 less games this year. That seems like a foolish trade. Especially when they have a legitimate shot at just signing him for nothing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hackey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2021, 08:52 PM   #10044
Tkachukwagon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Montreal is going to have to clear some space for Caufield and Staal. I suspect Jake Evans will likely be available for a pick. His stats aren’t super impressive, but he’s a pest and a puck hound. I’ve been impressed watching him this year, I imagine the cost wouldn’t be too high either. RH RW/C, 24 year old.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/...php?pid=145580
Old 03-28-2021, 09:40 PM   #10045
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachukwagon View Post
Montreal is going to have to clear some space for Caufield and Staal. I suspect Jake Evans will likely be available for a pick. His stats aren’t super impressive, but he’s a pest and a puck hound. I’ve been impressed watching him this year, I imagine the cost wouldn’t be too high either. RH RW/C, 24 year old.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/...php?pid=145580
Would be nice to get a reverse-Byron. Looks like he's waivers exempt, so presumably they could just send him down?
Old 03-28-2021, 10:04 PM   #10046
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackey View Post
I don't see why Philly would trade Konecny for Gaudreau. He's 4 years younger with 4 more years left on his deal. Konecny outscored Gaudreau last year and has 6 less points in 9 less games this year. That seems like a foolish trade. Especially when they have a legitimate shot at just signing him for nothing.
I agree with the years and age but for points you are comparing one players best season with another players worst season.

Career averages and highs favor Gaudreau big time. And how many points would Konecny have playing with Ritchie and Monahan this year?
Old 03-28-2021, 10:17 PM   #10047
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

You could also argue Gaudreaus best years are behind him while Konecny could still improve. Regardless I don't think the potential upside of Gaudreau outweighs the 1 year left to 4 years left and 4 years younger.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hackey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2021, 10:19 PM   #10048
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if Konecny and JG are on very different trajectories at this point in their careers.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:36 PM   #10049
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
I dunno, I think CGY had a pretty good shot. I just don't take what a guy said after the fact as evidence of anythihng.

Calgary didn’t have a pretty good shot. That’s delusional. His contract with Vegas was already worked out before the trade even happened
Old 03-28-2021, 10:48 PM   #10050
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Calgary didn’t have a pretty good shot. That’s delusional. His contract with Vegas was already worked out before the trade even happened
Yeah take a look outside if you think Stone would have signed long term in Calgary when he had Vegas or anywhere he wanted as possibilities
Old 03-28-2021, 11:02 PM   #10051
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have friends who live in Vegas. I would KILL to live in Vegas.
Old 03-28-2021, 11:11 PM   #10052
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I have friends who live in Vegas. I would KILL to live in Vegas.
I like to party in Vegas

Live? Not so much

There are better places
Old 03-28-2021, 11:16 PM   #10053
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan05 View Post
I like to party in Vegas

Live? Not so much

There are better places
My friends technically live in Henderson, and they are well off, so they live a utopian lifestyle. You're right, if you don't have money, there are better places. If you're rich, there's not too many better places IMO.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:36 AM   #10054
Saqe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
Hoffman is no good. One dimensional scorers don't help you win.

Not a coincidence the Panthers are better off without him.

Panthers are interesting. Quenneville needed a full year to get them to buy in, gives me hope for Sutter here for the next two seasons.

They got rid of one dimensional forwards like Hoffman and Dadanov and replaced them with two way forwards like Hornqvist and Wennberg. Maybe lucked out on Carter Verhaeghe or maybe just good pro scouting as the guy produced well in the minors and has good size. Brought in Gudas on the backend.

I wouldn't call Dadonov one dimensional, he's pretty good both ways but the point still stands. Also everyone though they were crazy to let them both walk but goes to show again that paying UFA money for 30+ players who aren't elite rarely works, no matter what their previous resume is.

Great point on maybe Sutter needs a year to work with the roster like Q. The main difference vs. the Flames of course is that the Panthers have those #1C and #1D in their prime but I would still bet that the team next year will be hell of a lot more competitive than this one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saqe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2021, 10:28 AM   #10055
Tkachukwagon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1376565330143772684
Old 03-29-2021, 10:30 AM   #10056
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Always wanted Anisimov on the Flames. But that ship has long sailed, he's fallen of the cliff.
Old 03-29-2021, 10:32 AM   #10057
Fischy13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone think Harrington is a Sutter type, combined with Brad always going after depth D-men this time of year... Seems he has the size they seek.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:43 AM   #10058
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan05 View Post
I like to party in Vegas

Live? Not so much

There are better places
Couldn't agree more. To anyone promoting living in Vegas, have you been there in the summer? It's a legit dessert. Difficult to walk more than a block anywhere without AC. The urban sprawl is also beyond intense, and much of the city is lower end housing for migrant workers. The place offers zero in terms of outdoor experience and culture, beyond the partying and shows on the strip.

Stone had just about his pick of teams he could go to. I doubt he chose Vegas for the living conditions in the city.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:43 AM   #10059
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gaudreau + Rittich + Ryan (50%) + Nesterov/Stone = just under $12M

for

Robert Thomas + Hoffman + Bozak + Sundqvist (out for the season) + 2022 1st = 12.6M

Happens today to make most sense for STL as they don't play again until Apr 2.

STL needs to upgrade their back up, even though they're 6-3-1 despite Husso's .885 3.40.

Their D is thin right now, especially on the right side...Stone or Nesterov would actually be pretty helpful right now (and depth down the stretch).

Ryan is a cheaper sub for Bozak who hasn't been very good (injuries?).

Thomas is having a bad year (injuries?), but he's a pretty decent bet for a #1C. By the time he fully blooms, STL will be at the end of their window.

We can flip Hoffman at 50% for at least a 2nd+3rd (if not a cond. 1st), and maybe Bozak for a 4th/5th.

Sundqvist is a big RHS RW/C signed for 2 more years after this at 2.75.

STL has already traded their 2nd+4th this year, so they'd probably prefer to bump it by a year. they can protect the pick if they want.

Maybe we take Steen's expiring contract if it helps, too.

Tkachuk-Lindholm-Mangiapane
Dube-Monahan-Thomas
Lucic-Backlund-Sundqvist

Slide Thomas to C once we trade one of ours.

Perron-ROR-Kyrou
Gaudreau-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sanford-Schwartz-Blais
Clifford-Ryan-??

This falls apart b/c STL doesn't have a good replacement at 3C. Maybe you have to take Bozak out of the deal. Probably not going to see multi-player trades like this, anyways.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:49 AM   #10060
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

You play too much NHL21....
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread