Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2021, 07:13 PM   #2981
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillGoat View Post
Could be. I thought gains were capped at 30% (of 50% of the gain). Apparently I was mixed up with something anyway. Glad I found that out now actually that changes some things for me for next year.
To top it all off there are a lot of people in the tax profession who think this 50% rate is going to move up to 75 - 100% sooner rather than later. Up till 2000, it was 75%.
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:15 PM   #2982
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

^oh I've been expecting that for at least 4 years now...
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:14 PM   #2983
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondros View Post
To top it all off there are a lot of people in the tax profession who think this 50% rate is going to move up to 75 - 100% sooner rather than later. Up till 2000, it was 75%.
Right but that’s just speculation, really.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:56 AM   #2984
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Right but that’s just speculation, really.
It is speculation but it is driving some of my investment and tax planning decisions (much like other speculation does!)
Old 03-20-2021, 06:45 PM   #2985
tony-soprano
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Need them SPAC's to bounce back already, but $SOS on the other hand has been easy scalps all week.
tony-soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:21 PM   #2986
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rip $mp
Old 03-23-2021, 03:15 PM   #2987
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

https://www.investors.com/news/volks...expected-soon/

Quote:
One Wall Street analyst sees Volkswagen (VWAGY) surpassing Tesla (TSLA) in electric-car sales as soon as next year. Volkswagen stock jumped.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:50 AM   #2988
IGGYRULES
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Adn breaking out finally. Still in here with a full position. Held up really well over the last few weeks.
IGGYRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IGGYRULES For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2021, 09:03 AM   #2989
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYRULES View Post
Adn breaking out finally. Still in here with a full position. Held up really well over the last few weeks.
Just came here to post ADN!!! Finally waking up, the only thing that was due today was the short report, and I didn't see any other news. I am not sure why today, but I'll take moving back into the green on this investment.

Definitely, heavily undervalued stock, held my full position as well, despite the red over the last few weeks I am still very bull on this company.

Last edited by Krovikan; 03-24-2021 at 09:17 AM.
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Krovikan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2021, 09:09 AM   #2990
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Good news also coming out for AC, they are resuming destination flights.
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:24 AM   #2991
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYRULES View Post
I am slightly up on ADN - also completely held my position. I think its going to take quite some time to get to that $20 - $25 price range but patience is key.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leondros For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2021, 09:31 AM   #2992
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was down more than 40% on ADN, almost in the single digits now. Been hard to stay in, hopefully the momentum can continue.

Has been an ugly couple of weeks for everything else I'm holding.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2021, 11:02 AM   #2993
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Im happy to hold my ADN through the summer and beyond if I have to. I have a decent amount of cash in my no fun account patiently waiting to deploy in a correction. Though I have very little cash in my fun account holding plays that are taking their sweet time to move.

I think thats a blessing in disguise. With the market weakness there are more mistakes to be made, and lawdy do I know how to make mistakes.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sa226 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2021, 05:38 PM   #2994
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got back to even today after being down big on AND and I sold my position and calling it a win.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2021, 08:08 PM   #2995
IGGYRULES
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
I got back to even today after being down big on AND and I sold my position and calling it a win.
Assuming you mean ADN. I think that was a mistake personally, although I do understand the mental mind screwing that happens when a stock is not moving as you like to see or expect. It's been really strong over the last couple weeks as the market has taken dump after dump. Really strong against the hydrogen sector as well. We haven't seen a real run yet and likely won't until the market swings again. Might be a slow climb up but it's in an uptrend now. There have been large MOC orders for several days in a row. I'll hold until my warrants are called or I see $10 minimum from them. Short borrow rate is 90% right now with 1.7M shares short which is fantastic as there will be alot of covering as it moves up.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #2996
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
They'll have the capacity for production and the know how to make a superior product. Teslas are like buying a $20000 Ikea couch because they're the most hyped. The Taycan is a hit, Audis are getting better and the VW ID cars are going to eat the lower end market.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:31 PM   #2997
IGGYRULES
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
They'll have the capacity for production and the know how to make a superior product. Teslas are like buying a $20000 Ikea couch because they're the most hyped. The Taycan is a hit, Audis are getting better and the VW ID cars are going to eat the lower end market.
I'd take a Tesla over anything VW makes except the Taycan. I think all the big conventional auto makers are undervalued to an extent and TSLA is way over valued. Cathy mush have been smoking some good stuff when she announced her $3000 PT. IMO the money will rotate out of TSLA and into others as the conventional makers shift to electric and prove themselves with sales and technology.

FWIW I'm not invested in any automakers and I'm not a financial advisor. I've also been known to get it wrong on TSLA many many times over the last several years. Don't get your panties in a knot you TSLA fanboys .
Old 03-25-2021, 12:29 AM   #2998
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speculation is the LIBs are going to increase the capital gains inclusion rate in the April budget so a few folks I know are selling stocks now to lock in gains.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:07 AM   #2999
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Speculation is the LIBs are going to increase the capital gains inclusion rate in the April budget so a few folks I know are selling stocks now to lock in gains.
Is this anywhere in the media or anything like that? I feel like we’ve seen this speculation every year for the past 4-5. I’m not suggesting it’s not happening, but I just want to know where the rumours are coming from.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 08:13 AM   #3000
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Is this anywhere in the media or anything like that? I feel like we’ve seen this speculation every year for the past 4-5. I’m not suggesting it’s not happening, but I just want to know where the rumours are coming from.
I think it’s mostly speculation. Something has to give with our debt load and capital gains are the most logical.