Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #41
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kipper better be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd star, Charile Simmer/Mike Rogers, no matter the result. The integrity (I don't think it even exists anymore) fn the Molson Cup, be damned.

And hopefully Hartley pulls him in the last couple minutes at a whistle, for McDonald so that fans get that extra opportunity to salute him.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #42
shniper
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Lets go Flames!! Kipper with the performance of his career tonight! Those of you cheering for a loss, please do so in the other thread.
shniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #43
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKflames View Post
The problem with tonight is that the Ducks have been really struggling, despite their record. I see the flames winning this one, unfortunately
Anaheim looked dominant against us early this season. They have a nicely balanced attack with speed and size. Don't see us being able to shut them down like we did with Detroit, especially with Wideman out and everybody below him getting bumped up. They have solid goaltending too. I'd be flabbergasted if we pulled this one out. Getlzaf is on fire this season, Perry is always a threat, Selanne is a Flames killer, Ryan is dangerous, Winnik killed us earlier this year, etc. ANA is one of the better teams in the league and should be able to take us. They are the 2nd highest scoring team in the West and we are the worst defensive team in the West.

I know you said they are struggling but 5-3-2 in their last 10? How can that be struggling.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #44
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Darren Haynes@DarrenHaynes_CP13m

In 305 career starts at the Saddledome, Flames Miikka Kiprusoff has 186-82-36 record, 26 shutouts, 2.22 GAA, .919 SV%.
Wow and 50% of those games with a non-playoff team.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #45
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Kipper better be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd star, Charile Simmer/Mike Rogers, no matter the result. The integrity (I don't think it even exists anymore) fn the Molson Cup, be damned.

And hopefully Hartley pulls him in the last couple minutes at a whistle, for McDonald so that fans get that extra opportunity to salute him.
I'm sure Kipper would love to be pulled in his last home start. And how does that give us an extra chance to salute him? Just stick around to the end of the game and go nuts, chant for Kipper, standing ovation in the last minute and allow him to salute the crowd if he so pleases.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #46
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Steam Whistle View Post
I'm sure Kipper would love to be pulled in his last home start. And how does that give us an extra chance to salute him? Just stick around to the end of the game and go nuts, chant for Kipper, standing ovation in the last minute and allow him to salute the crowd if he so pleases.

Pulled with a minute to go at a whistle so the fans are able to cheer for him, and him alone, in game.
Done in baseball, soccer, basketball to sub guys out late to get that individual recognition.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #47
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

3-0 Flames
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #48
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mikael Backlund ‏@mbacklund11 26m
Last game of the season at the dome tonight! Lets have a big night for #34 and #theCofRed.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #49
Red_Baron
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Oilers lose tonight and we pass them in the standings with a win...
Red_Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red_Baron For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #50
Kaine
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Darren Haynes@DarrenHaynes_CP13m

In 305 career starts at the Saddledome, Flames Miikka Kiprusoff has 186-82-36 record, 26 shutouts, 2.22 GAA, .919 SV%.
Mind blowing numbers considering how bad the Flames have been in front of him for so many years now.
Kaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #51
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last win of the season! GFG!

Thank you for the 10 years of memories Kipper!
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #52
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Baron View Post
What an embarrassing team that is.

Sell off Iginla and Bouwmeester.
Tanguay hurt.
Stajan, Glencross and Hudler all missing a game or more with injuries.
Kipper not playing much, and not usually vintage Kipper when he does.

Yet we could pass them in the standings tonight.

Nice rebuild you D-bags.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #53
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Win or lose, this game will should be the biggest of the season. I want something done for Kipper and I want it to matter.

I just hope Kipper doesn't drag this out over the summer though, I don't think he will but the sooner things get sorted out, the better it'll be for the team
Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #54
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

JermainFranklin‏@TSNJFranklin27m

Just learned Selanne may be a game time decision from @icemancometh It's up to the veteran but is likely to take a game off in near future

JermainFranklin‏@TSNJFranklin23m

And the obvious one; This could be Miikka Kiprusoff's last game at the Saddledome ever as he's contemplating retirement...

JermainFranklin‏@TSNJFranklin22m

Selanne's advice: Take your time before making your decision because emotions change dramatically. #Flames#Ducks 7MTFlames#Ducks

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #55
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Baron View Post

so they'll end up with a better pick than us again?
Old 04-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #56
Miniac
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
Who cares, they will still suck and continue to lose.
Miniac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miniac For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #57
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
You say that like it's something they should be proud of, or happy about.

They've got three first overall selections playing for them, how's it working out so far?
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #58
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Johnson: Flames’ youngsters marvel at Kiprusoff

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...911/story.html

Quote:
He may only be 20, an age when perspective and appreciation are nowhere near fully developed, but Sven Baertschi, bless him, understands the significance.
“I don’t take it for granted, that’s for sure,” says the centrepiece of The Next Wave, “being able to say you played with Miikka Kiprusoff, with Jarome Iginla.
“That’s special, for any young player. A dream.
“Those guys, they are where the rest of us want to be. But few of us will get to. They’re all-timers. So you watch, and you learn, while you can.”

Quote:
That audacious theft off JaKub Kindl, flashing the leather to snare an iron-clad-guarantee tying goal from the Detroit Red Wings’ defenceman with 16.6 seconds left on the scoreclock, still had the Flames’ room buzzing 18 or so hours later.
“That last save he made last night? Unbelievable,” murmurs Roman Horak, grinning at the recollection. “He was kinda like ‘It’s going to go there. No problem. I got it.’ And he made that save for the people.”
As if he just reached up and snatched lightning down from the sky.
“So great to see him back. Growing up in Czech (Republic), of course I’d heard of him, what a great goalie he was, but I knew him more from being with the Finnish national team.
“He’s still one of the best goalies in the NHL. And the best goalie here ever, right? It’s a pleasure to play with him.”
Quote:
“Yeah,” sighs Reinhart, whose stall is on the other side of the dressing room door, maybe eight feet away, from Kiprusoff’s, “I watched a lot of games of his growing up. Quite a few players in here, actually. When I was cheering for the Canucks, he was a real thorn in their side. Sure I remember 2004, the West Coast Express with Naslund and all those guys and how it turned out. That one hurt.
“Then you see a game like last night from him, years later, that save he made at the end, and the way the crowd reacted . . .
“I got to see live what I used to watch on TV back in the day.”
Quote:
“I was amazed by the way he played,” marvels Baertschi. “And that last save . . . I was closing my eyes, thinking the worst, then I heard the crowd go crazy. And you kind of go ‘Miikka . . .’ He just flicked his glove and there it is. Not many goalies can make that save.
“It’s huge for me, for any young guy, to come in here and be in the room with him, with Jarome (Iginla). When I first came up here last year it was a gift. Being able to be around these guys, guys who’ve achieved so much in their careers, is a huge present for me.
“It was good to sit beside Iggy at the start of (this) season. He wouldn’t get that goal right away, then when he gets it, he just goes crazy and scores another 30.
“Those guys, Jarome, Kipper, you study them, how they handle themselves, how they do things. They’re the standard. On the ice, (Kiprusoff)’s incredible. Even in practice. He makes my life so hard in practice. He’s been the biggest part of this team for quite a while.”
Quote:
"If he’s done, he’s done,” reasons Baertschi. “But it seems crazy, you know, because he’s got so much left in him. He still has so much to offer.”
But what if tonight is, in fact, the final curtain call for Miikka Kiprusoff in Calgary. What can he possibly do to top that 36-stop slapdown of Pavel, Z and the rest of the Wings on Wednesday? What could he possibly conjure up to match that game-saving heist off Kindl?
“I don’t know,” the 20-year-old centrepiece of The Next Wave replies. “But I can’t wait to find out.”

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #59
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

9 years ago tonight, we were celebrating a game 7 victory over Vancouver thanks to Kipper. The first series win in 7 years.

Tonight I don't care about draft seeding. Tonight is Kiprusoff's night.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #60
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Man, this could be Kipper's last home game. Just doesn't seem right. He's really gone after this year isn't he? Both Iggy and Kipper gone

Tags
gtd , winwin iggywith4 , winwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin