Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-09-2020, 10:36 PM   #2441
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Rusev has said a few times that he wasn't all that interested in returning to the ring. I like him as a performer, he's got a great personality.

AEW has about 65 men on their roster and a ton of woman, they're roster is probably getting to be more expensive then WWE's.

There's just such a wcw under Eric feel to it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:52 AM   #2442
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rusev, or miro now, is main event material there, what a horrible debut though

I don't really agree with the wcw comparison on roster size, they have a bunch if people on non exclusive deals who are pretty much only on dark. The actual main roster who are on dynamite from week to week is a pretty good size, outside of when cody was doing the Cena open challenge, no one is really getting overkilled in terms of time

Happy that omega is going singles now and Jericho/hager as a tag team, but otherwise a pretty pretty bad dynamite
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:57 AM   #2443
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Rusev, or miro now, is main event material there, what a horrible debut though

I don't really agree with the wcw comparison on roster size, they have a bunch if people on non exclusive deals who are pretty much only on dark. The actual main roster who are on dynamite from week to week is a pretty good size, outside of when cody was doing the Cena open challenge, no one is really getting overkilled in terms of time

Happy that omega is going singles now and Jericho/hager as a tag team, but otherwise a pretty pretty bad dynamite
Their second show is also still scheduled to go live at some point soon, too.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 02:31 PM   #2444
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

So with no NXT to run against last night, Dynamite came in at 1.016M viewers and a 0.37 in the 18-49 demo. Going to get really interesting at WWE if Raw continues on its current trajectory and Dynamite gets within striking distance.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:25 PM   #2445
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I want the competition, the industry needs to get better. The booking needs to get better. The story lines need to get better.

Old 09-10-2020, 04:37 PM   #2446
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I want the competition, the industry needs to get better. The booking needs to get better. The story lines need to get better.
There have been some glimpses of light from WWE but still need to get out of their own way with stupid ideas like Raw Underground.

Roman + Heyman was a great decision.
Rollins as Monday Night Messiah has been good
Bray's long term booking of turning people heel after they fued with him has been good.
The Becky/Sasha stuff was
I like the idea of Retribution even though they've kind of stumbled a bit on execution and dragged it out a bit too long.

So some positives lately. Biggest issue remains that they need some faces.

Honestly at least one of prime Cena or Bryan would be great to have right now because they have some strong heels with Roman/Rollins/Wyatt/Orton

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 09-10-2020 at 04:39 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:59 AM   #2447
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

WWE is now releaseing furloughed producers, with Sarah Stock and IRS being dumped today.

If AEW was serious about their woman's division, they'd be grabbing Stock tomorrow. She's the trainer and producer that really built the woman's division and taught them how to work. Something that's really missing in AEW on the woman's side.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #2448
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got caught up on Dynamite and thought it was one of their best efforts in a number of weeks.

The Mox/Archer stuff had a very old-school, 80s face vs. monster heel vibe to it, complete with the "business arrangement" between Taz and Jake Roberts (Taz doing his best poor man's Ted Dibiase). More of that stuff, please.

The street fight was absolutely bonkers and Trent's double powerbomb bump through the windshield was gnarly. Also full marks to AEW for putting a midcard feud in the main event slot, making it seem that much more important. That's how you build your roster up.

Opening match with Jurassic Express and FTR and the women's match were also well done. The women's division is slowly but surely coming along. Hopefully they can keep Thunder Rosa around for a bit longer.

EDIT: Forgot about the Hangman/Kazarian bout, which was also excellent. A+ show in my opinion.

Last edited by rubecube; 09-18-2020 at 09:51 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 07:13 PM   #2449
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I haven't even attempted to watch AEW since that absolutely stupid Stadium Stampede match.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:23 PM   #2450
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, I think AEW isn't designed for me as a fan, I just don't like the booking, and Jericho has really started to dissapoint me a lot. There's also way to many of these stipulation gimmick matches happening.

I've gotten into watching wrestling with Fast Forward, it makes it easier.

I really did like the matches for NXT this week, the Shotzi Io match was outstanding.

On smackdown the Reigns angle just plain works, As does the Bayley Sasha feud.

I'm really interested in where they're going with Bliss, but maybe its because I'm a big fan of hers.

Raw is just steaming crap now.

Main event had a Billy Kay match vs Bianca Belair who is stuck in Main Event hell, but it was a really good match.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 10:41 PM   #2451
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, I think AEW isn't designed for me as a fan, I just don't like the booking, and Jericho has really started to dissapoint me a lot. There's also way to many of these stipulation gimmick matches happening.

I've gotten into watching wrestling with Fast Forward, it makes it easier.

I really did like the matches for NXT this week, the Shotzi Io match was outstanding.

On smackdown the Reigns angle just plain works, As does the Bayley Sasha feud.

I'm really interested in where they're going with Bliss, but maybe its because I'm a big fan of hers.

Raw is just steaming crap now.

Main event had a Billy Kay match vs Bianca Belair who is stuck in Main Event hell, but it was a really good match.
I am still enjoying Raw, SD and NXT. I think Raw has been pretty fun personally and I'm looking forward to the reveals of who all is in Retribution, so far it appears to be Dijakakovic, Dio Madden, Mercedes Martinez, Mia Yim and Shane Thorne; in the last promo the one guy kinda looked like Jordin Devlin (based on facial hair) but I'm far from completely sure.

I also love Andrade and Garza so their upcoming feud is going to be hot as hell. I also want to see where they are going with Black. Rumors were that he was one of the top candidates to win the RR and knock off Brock; so I think this heel turn is to push him into a feud with McIntyre.

Also, everything Orton has done since RR has been absolute gold. They got him to care again, and not only that, care about helping getting Lee over.

I love the Bliss stuff, she's selling it perfectly. Cole saying The Fiends name, goes into a trance, attacks Nikki and just wanders away with a blank look
Old 09-18-2020, 10:44 PM   #2452
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I still think that Bliss is going to eventually be a break out star away from the business. I think I also really like her because of some of the things I've seen in terms of how she deals with fans.

She just seems like a genuinely good person. And she is incredible on the mic

Old 09-18-2020, 10:46 PM   #2453
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Frankly I don't find retribution that interesting because frankly its Nexus 2.0 without the personality.

I really thought they'd do something interesting with Raw Underground where its like a fight club recruiting people that are there because the company isn't using them. Ziggler as the head of Retribution would be interesting.

Old 09-18-2020, 10:49 PM   #2454
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I still think that Bliss is going to eventually be a break out star away from the business. I think I also really like her because of some of the things I've seen in terms of how she deals with fans.

She just seems like a genuinely good person. And she is incredible on the mic
Agreed 100%

I've seen a couple of her interactions with fans that brought tears to my eyes. She is an absolute sweetheart, and I think her character work is good enough to transition to movies.

As for this angle, I'm hoping it's a slow transition into a version of Sister Abigail.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:53 PM   #2455
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Frankly I don't find retribution that interesting because frankly its Nexus 2.0 without the personality.

I really thought they'd do something interesting with Raw Underground where its like a fight club recruiting people that are there because the company isn't using them. Ziggler as the head of Retribution would be interesting.
I think the last 2 weeks they've started allowing them to show something and I think Dijak, Yim and Martinez have more than enough personality to make it work when they're revealed. Also Devlin does too if he is indeed one of them.

I've never been enamored with Underground, or the idea behind it. Although seeing KO and Shane interact was pretty funny.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:48 PM   #2456
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
I am still enjoying Raw, SD and NXT. I think Raw has been pretty fun personally and I'm looking forward to the reveals of who all is in Retribution, so far it appears to be Dijakakovic, Dio Madden, Mercedes Martinez, Mia Yim and Shane Thorne; in the last promo the one guy kinda looked like Jordin Devlin (based on facial hair) but I'm far from completely sure.
I think two of of the female members are Vanessa Borne and Chelsea Green. Borne hasn't been on TV for quite a while and was rumored to be moved up to the main roster after re-signing and Green was supposed to move up to the main roster the same time as Dijakovic when she turned on Robert Stone.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:23 AM   #2457
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Just got caught up on Dynamite and thought it was one of their best efforts in a number of weeks.

The Mox/Archer stuff had a very old-school, 80s face vs. monster heel vibe to it, complete with the "business arrangement" between Taz and Jake Roberts (Taz doing his best poor man's Ted Dibiase). More of that stuff, please.

The street fight was absolutely bonkers and Trent's double powerbomb bump through the windshield was gnarly. Also full marks to AEW for putting a midcard feud in the main event slot, making it seem that much more important. That's how you build your roster up.

Opening match with Jurassic Express and FTR and the women's match were also well done. The women's division is slowly but surely coming along. Hopefully they can keep Thunder Rosa around for a bit longer.

EDIT: Forgot about the Hangman/Kazarian bout, which was also excellent. A+ show in my opinion.
Watched it tonight and agreed, best dynamite in a few months really

Some really good matches that weren't spot fests either, the hangman match was also good

Thunder rosa is the best woman they have, even though she's nwa, I hope they can somehow keep her

What they are doing with the bucks is at least interesting now as well

Mox and Darby allin mutual respect thing added to the archer tag team match shows they are forward thinking the little things

MJF delivered another all world promo and the mention about needing a stable is a good tease too
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:22 AM   #2458
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I think two of of the female members are Vanessa Borne and Chelsea Green. Borne hasn't been on TV for quite a while and was rumored to be moved up to the main roster after re-signing and Green was supposed to move up to the main roster the same time as Dijakovic when she turned on Robert Stone.
In the photos it is very clearly Yim and Martinez.

Clearly Dijak is on the far right. Dio Madden in the back, 2nd from the left. Far left I think is Thorne, it looks like his eyes/brows, most people on reddit think it is him too.

Now for the women, the one on the left is Martinez, those eye brows could not be more distinct.

The other sure looks like Yim's eyes and high arches brows.

I don't know if Green is coming up in another angle when they do the next draft, but you'd think they'd make her one of the main women.

I also think plans for retribution changed, as they were originally going after both shows, I think the original plan was for a Raw stable and a SD stable. But now they are Raw exclusive (my gut says Fox wants nothing to do with an ANTIFA-like group). So, Green and Borne may have been originally in those plans.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:12 AM   #2459
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think Green is the woman that they're pushing on Smackdown. Its either her or Carmella

Old 09-19-2020, 09:22 AM   #2460
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I think Green is the woman that they're pushing on Smackdown. Its either her or Carmella
It's Carmella, in the one video from last week they showed her arm tattoo