Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #5481
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter_in_law View Post
Jesus.

Even the local sports radio hosts are saying that it was not due to reffing, and they are huge Oiler apologists - the reffing was fine, the team took 4 offensive zone penalties.

Hell, McLellan himself said he only disagreed with one call.
I didn't say the loss was due to reffing either.

I was responding to the post, that was saying the reffing in the playoffs is different.

It usually goes the other way. Not call everything.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #5482
shogged
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
I have.. I was born and raised in Calgary and we have quite the socially diverse population as well.

If someone of lesser means manages to save enough money to get to experience playoff hockey, kudos to them and shame on anyone to comment about it..
There are certain things that are out of line. And that post was absolutely one of them.
I would say of all the threads on this board, this is the least suited for a bleeding heart like yourself lol.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #5483
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
Yeah. They call less in the playoffs.

Last night they called more.
Even if you are in the playoffs and you go lumberjack on a player it will get called. The refs called a bunch, but they also let a bunch go. I think the bottom line is some Oiler fans were upset that the token call for a PP wan't given to them.

The refs let the teams decide the game. Look at the 3rd period. Only call was Lucic going lumberjack on Meier (other than the coincidental minors).

I didn't catch the 1st, but the only questionable call was the Gryba elbow.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:01 PM   #5484
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I have.. I was born and raised in Calgary and we have quite the socially diverse population as well.

If someone of lesser means manages to save enough money to get to experience playoff hockey, kudos to them and shame on anyone to comment about it..
There are certain things that are out of line. And that post was absolutely one of them.
I meant more in the vein of how half the people there looked like they were 19, I was honestly curious how you would secure a hot expensive ticket because I certainly couldn't when I was 19.

Didn't mean to insult all disadvantaged poor people, I'm sorry it touched a nerve and offended you.

I'm surprised anyone takes what's said in this thread seriously, half of it is just photoshopped pictures haha. Edmonton sucks.

Last edited by DiracSpike; 04-13-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:13 PM   #5485
Sutter_in_law
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
I didn't say the loss was due to reffing either.

I was responding to the post, that was saying the reffing in the playoffs is different.

It usually goes the other way. Not call everything.
There was a lot that was not called, both ways.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:22 PM   #5486
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Oilers got schooled in playoff hockey last night. I actually think the score flattered the Oilers as from the second and beyond it was complete dominance from San Jose. That one shift where they just kept the puck in zone felt like forever, it was a crazy shift. You knew watching that shift that it was only a matter of time until the Oilers broke down completely. The Sharks were playing at another gear last night.

Didn't think the reffing was too bad last night, not many calls that weren't really deserved. Gyrba got away with a mauling early in the game and shortly after the Sharks get called for a weal interference. Even Gyrba's elbow that some complain about, it was high and he gave him an extra little shot, easy call to make.

Oilers will need to battle harder down low and really stay disciplined for next game. But you just know one if not all of Lucic, Kassian and Gryba will take a bad penalty.
The Following User Says Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #5487
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
Oilers got schooled in playoff hockey last night. I actually think the score flattered the Oilers as from the second and beyond it was complete dominance from San Jose. That one shift where they just kept the puck in zone felt like forever, it was a crazy shift. You knew watching that shift that it was only a matter of time until the Oilers broke down completely. The Sharks were playing at another gear last night.

Didn't think the reffing was too bad last night, not many calls that weren't really deserved. Gyrba got away with a mauling early in the game and shortly after the Sharks get called for a weal interference. Even Gyrba's elbow that some complain about, it was high and he gave him an extra little shot, easy call to make.

Oilers will need to battle harder down low and really stay disciplined for next game. But you just know one if not all of Lucic, Kassian and Gryba will take a bad penalty.
Exactly. At the end of the day the refs let the teams decide the game. It isn't their fault all the oilers could muster was 7 shots over two periods. That is on the Oilers, not the refs.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:42 PM   #5488
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Agreed, The Sharks were impressive with how they just smothered the Oilers. Watching their fans slink deeper and deeper into their seats was rich!

I love how Connor thought he was gonna get the calls on the partial breakaways but didn't and turned and would glare at the ref..

Welcome to Playoff Hockey, Coilers! Its pretty much what the Flames and Johnny Hockey have been dealing with all season..
The Following User Says Thank You to IgiTang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 04:46 PM   #5489
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

A decade of missing the playoffs with the habit of coming up with every excuse under the sun for failure isn't going to change anytime soon.

Last edited by timbit; 04-13-2017 at 04:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to timbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #5490
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Agreed, The Sharks were impressive with how they just smothered the Oilers. Watching their fans slink deeper and deeper into their seats was rich!

I love how Connor thought he was gonna get the calls on the partial breakaways but didn't and turned and would glare at the ref..

Welcome to Playoff Hockey, Coilers! Its pretty much what the Flames and Johnny Hockey have been dealing with all season..
It was *really* noticeable on TV. He looked very immature and spoiled.
The Following User Says Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 07:02 PM   #5491
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I posted a status update on Facebook last night about how horrible some of the calls in the playoffs have been after some of the cheesy powerplays the Oilers got and an Oilers fan on my friends list actually shared my status. The irony. lol
Old 04-13-2017, 07:43 PM   #5492
kerriffic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybb79 View Post
A Oiler fan started a thread on Hf after the first period saying Will Edmonton Win The Cup lol they're the most annoying fan base around.
Haha took a look over there and found it! Man eleven years out of the playoffs and all it takes is one period of playoff hockey for the arrogance to come out.

Attached for epicness!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kerriffic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #5493
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Posted without comment.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 09:13 AM   #5494
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

pretty much a must win game for greasers. sharks got their split.

game 5 guaranteed so another 80 concourse tickets sold!

e=ng

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #5495
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Streamers? Really, at least act like you've been there before.

And what a stupid thing to do I'm sure the Sharks looked at that and spun the message that the Oilers feel like they've won this series after that one win.

I get that the Oilers haven't won a playoff game forever but christ man.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 04-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #5496
jkflames
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAnOutrage View Post
Concourse Roars, “McDavid in Five!” as Sharks lead Oilers 1-0 in Series

The atmosphere at Rogers Place was electric last night as a new generation of Oilers’ playoff fans packed the concourse for a mere $80.00 a head; a price even the skinflintiest Connor McDavid supporter could not argue with. Despite that the opposition overcame a two-goal deficit and went on to win in overtime, the McDavid faithful were undeterred in their belief that the Oilers' wunderkind would carry the team to the second round, and chants of, “McDavid in Five! The Dream is alive!™” were still being heard around the arena long after the game had ended. The same optimism was abundant at the Oilers’ head office as Stew MacDonald, Chief Commercial Officer, was absolutely gaga over finally having a little playoff revenue to spread around. “This is fantastic. This absolutely fantastic!” raved MacDonald. Not content with the revenue from a mere one game loss, before the night was out MacDonald had summoned his sales and marketing team for a brain-storming session on how to maximize the opportunity. As of press time “McDavid in Five! The Dream is Alive™” had been trademarked by the Oilers along with, “McDavid in Six, Pay More for our Tix!™” and, “McDavid in Seven! All thanks to Kevin!™” T-shirts bearing the slogans along with the Oilers and Sharks logos are now on sale wherever McDavid merchandise is sold; a solid $45.00 investment. At the next Oilers’ home game McDavid faithful can also look forward to Connor McNacho™ trays featuring exactly 97 chips and a collectable chip and cheese holder for $21.99; family size, 97oz Connor McCola™ collectable buckets for $59.99; premium Connor McParking™ within 970 feet of Rogers Place for $97.00; and, the ultimate accessory for the well-to-do, avant-garde McDavid superfan: a limited edition vial of Connor McStemcells™ for $979,797.97 straight from the Oilers’ First Pick Overall Development Lab (FPOD)™.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
Needs 97 thanks
Only reason I couldn't like the original post. Hilarious!
The Following User Says Thank You to jkflames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #5497
Macindoc
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Streamers? Really, at least act like you've been there before.

And what a stupid thing to do I'm sure the Sharks looked at that and spun the message that the Oilers feel like they've won this series after that one win.

I get that the Oilers haven't won a playoff game forever but christ man.
Flyers outlining the parade route on every seat in game 5. And maybe they'll even make themselves a trophy if they win the series...
Old 04-15-2017, 11:34 AM   #5498
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAnOutrage View Post
Concourse Roars, “McDavid in Five!” as Sharks lead Oilers 1-0 in Series

The atmosphere at Rogers Place was electric last night as a new generation of Oilers’ playoff fans packed the concourse for a mere $80.00 a head; a price even the skinflintiest Connor McDavid supporter could not argue with. Despite that the opposition overcame a two-goal deficit and went on to win in overtime, the McDavid faithful were undeterred in their belief that the Oilers' wunderkind would carry the team to the second round, and chants of, “McDavid in Five! The Dream is alive!™” were still being heard around the arena long after the game had ended. The same optimism was abundant at the Oilers’ head office as Stew MacDonald, Chief Commercial Officer, was absolutely gaga over finally having a little playoff revenue to spread around. “This is fantastic. This absolutely fantastic!” raved MacDonald. Not content with the revenue from a mere one game loss, before the night was out MacDonald had summoned his sales and marketing team for a brain-storming session on how to maximize the opportunity. As of press time “McDavid in Five! The Dream is Alive™” had been trademarked by the Oilers along with, “McDavid in Six, Pay More for our Tix!™” and, “McDavid in Seven! All thanks to Kevin!™” T-shirts bearing the slogans along with the Oilers and Sharks logos are now on sale wherever McDavid merchandise is sold; a solid $45.00 investment. At the next Oilers’ home game McDavid faithful can also look forward to Connor McNacho™ trays featuring exactly 97 chips and a collectable chip and cheese holder for $21.99; family size, 97oz Connor McCola™ collectable buckets for $59.99; premium Connor McParking™ within 970 feet of Rogers Place for $97.00; and, the ultimate accessory for the well-to-do, avant-garde McDavid superfan: a limited edition vial of Connor McStemcells™ for $979,797.97 straight from the Oilers’ First Pick Overall Development Lab (FPOD)™.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
Needs 97 thanks
God dammit! Sorry, everyone.

*thanks removed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 11:36 AM   #5499
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
God dammit! Sorry, everyone.

*thanks removed*
Lol!

Well done good Sir
Old 04-15-2017, 11:46 AM   #5500
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Never forget when Edmonton hated Kassian more than anyone. #LifeMovesFast https://t.co/05W360Re3r
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread