Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #501
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

BOOOO. I wanted him to succeed in WWE so bad. His injuries, and his being book like absolute garbage, were what got us to this point unfortunatley.

They should have gave him to Daniel Bryan and let those two go at it on Smackdown. Those two had INSANE chemistry in NOAH. What a wasted opportunity.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:24 AM   #502
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Yeah, and likely more chemistry than Bryan and Styles which has turned out to be not great (tragically so). Would have loved to see him switch his name back to KENTA, go to the main roster, and feud with Bryan or Samoa Joe - and be able to be mid-2000s KENTA, which they just haven't let him do.

Oh well - WWE's loss is someone else's gain. I expect him to consider NOAH, but there is a Shibata-sized hole to be filled on the NJPW roster, and Chris Charlton (rumor guy on Twitter) hinted at him going to NJPW next. Can't see him not returning to Japan, which means I don't AEW is a likely destination for him.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2019, 02:16 PM   #503
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 01-30-2019, 02:50 PM   #504
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I don't know if the four horsemen thing is really going to work.

Ronda is possibly leaving after Wrestlemania. Shayna is a killer, but Duke and Shaffir are nowhere near ready for the main roster yet. They look great and tough, but they're clumsy and awkward as it gets in the ring.

Right now you have Becky, and Charlotte and Sasha and Bayley who are all really over right now.

Its a story line that really needs to be a post wrestlemania storyline.

However I would probably want to take Sonya DeVille and put her in the four horsewoman of MMA because she's been looking really good and dangerous in the ring.

Now there were rumors that Cyborg was at the performance center last week.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:07 PM   #505
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

They could potentially do this as part of the long term angle.

WM goes off the air and Becky (Raw), Charlotte (Smackdown), and Bailey/Sasha (Women's Tag) are left holding all the titles as the show goes off the air.

Then have Ronda take her leave (if that's true) and the WWE four horsewomen can talk about how this was their division, they started the evolution, and then Ronda took all the spotlight without paying her dues. Then the act like they have taken back WWE Women's division back from Ronda's grasp and that they've proven they are the best.

Things go back to normal for a bit and then over time Shayna, Duke, and Shaffir are introduced to the main roster and naturally a division between those 3 and the 4 wrestling horsewomen starts to show up.

At some point it turns into a 4 vs 3 beat down and it's a returning Ronda Rousey that evens the odds setting up the true four horsewomen showdown.

This feels more like planting the seeds then the start of the true long term fued to me.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:36 PM   #506
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
They could potentially do this as part of the long term angle.

WM goes off the air and Becky (Raw), Charlotte (Smackdown), and Bailey/Sasha (Women's Tag) are left holding all the titles as the show goes off the air.

Then have Ronda take her leave (if that's true) and the WWE four horsewomen can talk about how this was their division, they started the evolution, and then Ronda took all the spotlight without paying her dues. Then the act like they have taken back WWE Women's division back from Ronda's grasp and that they've proven they are the best.

Things go back to normal for a bit and then over time Shayna, Duke, and Shaffir are introduced to the main roster and naturally a division between those 3 and the 4 wrestling horsewomen starts to show up.

At some point it turns into a 4 vs 3 beat down and it's a returning Ronda Rousey that evens the odds setting up the true four horsewomen showdown.

This feels more like planting the seeds then the start of the true long term fued to me.

Yeah, you could have that I think its a good idea.

But here's what I'd do

Wavey lines.

We see the 4 Horsewoman in the ring on the Raw after Wrestlemania.

Suddenly this plays

Baszler comes out, no mention of Rhonda. She gets on the mic, and she's good at playing intimindating. She says that she doesn't care about the whole Ronda Rousey thing, and she doesn't care about the four horsewoman thing. She is the new baddest woman on the planet, and she challenges Flair for the belt, and Flair accepts.

We get to the matchup and Baszer absolutely tortures Flair, like the whole limb manipulation thing.

Suddenly we get Bayley coming to the ring. Bayley comes to the ring to help because she's like that. But Sonya Deville comes out of the crowd and lays a beat down on Bayley. Like its ugly, meanwhile Baszler chokes out Charlotte.

Meanwhile in NXT you work to make Shaffir and Duke dominant. but you leave them there.

Then next week Baszler and Sonya stand in the ring and they mention that this is a MMA invasion, and it doesn't matter if its NXT, Smackdown or Raw, its now their territory and they don't need 4 on 4 battles, but her and Sonya want a shot at the woman's tag team battles.

So then we get the MMA invasion winning those. We also see some fractures starting to grow with the WWE woman.

Then we get to a PPV where Sonya and Shayna dominate Bayley and Shasha, and suddenly Bayley turns on Sasha again and joins Deville and Baszler.

Confused yet.

I'm going somewhere with this.

So now we have a three on three battle.

Bayley and Deville and Baszler on one side, Charlotte, Becky and Sasha on the other side.

We get a six woman tag team at a major ppv, and in the middle of that ppv, Duke and Shaffir come in and it looks bad for the heros. When suddenly we get

Everybody thinks she's coming down as a MMA horsewoman. But they don't want to have Ronda as a heel. She saves the three WWE Horsewoman.

Now we have on one side

Ronda, Sasha, Flair, Becky vs Shaffir, Duke, Shayna, Bayley and Deville.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:39 PM   #507
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

savage moments

Old 01-30-2019, 05:54 PM   #508
droopydrew19
Safari Stan

Exp:

My son and I got back from Phoenix last night. It was a pretty cool five days. We managed to go to all the Axxess events except for one and met tons of main roster and NXT superstars. I had a really cool interactions with Alexa Bliss, the riot squad, Nia Jax, Daniel Bryan, Natalia, Johnny Gargano, and Jeff Hardy among others.
droopydrew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to droopydrew19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2019, 01:21 AM   #509
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't Rhonda shut down the rumor about her leaving after WM?
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:39 AM   #510
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Didn't Rhonda shut down the rumor about her leaving after WM?

She said her uterus is nobody's business and if she wants to leave and have kids, that's between her and WWE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireFly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 08:25 PM   #511
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’d love for Nia Jax to go away
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:32 PM   #512
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, And I know that Dean is leaving, but this thing between the two of them is terrible. As well, Nia has the wrong type of heat. Its not a you're a heel so boo, and more like "we hate everything that you do and you suck" heat.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:26 PM   #513
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

um who the hell didn't the Riot Squad sleep with back stage. Talk about booked into oblivion.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:50 PM   #514
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Ok welcome to my

Just watching the baffling horrible writing on Raw

Opening Segment

Becky limps to the ring. Steph confronts her.

Stephanie - "We're worried about your injury, we need you to get checked by a doctor or you're not cleared"

Becky - "Nah" punches out Stephanie.

The the back stage confrontation

Ronda - "You're not professional, I'm a professional, trying to sell our PPV main event that you're blowing because your unprofessional b%%ch"

Ronda steps out to her theme music

"I don't really care about my reputation"

Oh wait she destroys the new age job squad formerly known as the riot squad, who are now called the super friend because they're new theme is probably going to be "that's what friends are for" by Dionne Warwick.

Curt Hawkins and Zach Ryder whine a bunch backstage because Curt sucks and they mispelled Ryders name, so they can suck together.

Kurt angle teases his retirement and somehow ends up in the main event teaming with Strowman vs Drew and Baron Crobin, looks like I'm turning this thing off early

Bunch of crap, Captain reads two chapters of his book.

Fat Dog comes out, He calls himself one half of the tag team champions of the world, but who are we kidding, he weighs as much as the current tag team champions of the world. Trivia question, who are the tag team champions on Raw?

Anyways Jarrett comes down to the ring, and starts spelling his name he is the JE FF JARR E I pooped my pants. Then he goes over Elias who is pretty much the Barry Horowitz of Raw.

Nattie and Dana Brooks have some kind of confrontation, I don't know, I was trying to solve a Rubik cube.

Yeah its a little persons match, no wait its Finn vs Lio Rush? WTF

Alexa does her moment of Bliss where she eye humps EC3. Poor Alexa one of the best talkers in the woman's division and most of the company and she's doing this. Meanwhile Nia and a cardboard cut out come out and the audience gets up to leave, but that's prevented by Dean coming out who accuses Nia of having a crush on him followed by asking a lot of questions of EC3. Then we end up with dean getting done in by EC3, hey did you know that he's the top 1% of the 1% does that mean his tax rate is 80%.

We get a terrible main event where poor Kurt stumbles around the ring, Braun surprisingly tries to carry it and then they broke the cardinal rule of wrestling, never end a main event on a DQ. By this point I was bouncing a tennis ball off the wall because I have no dog.

A few weeks the McMahon's came out and proclaimed a new day, that they listened to the fans and they were going to give us what we want. Instead it feels like they hired Vince Russo back.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2019, 12:16 AM   #515
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

So you're saying we didn't want Russo back?

He is why I started losing interest in wrestling.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:38 AM   #516
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

By the way, did anyone watch Halftime Heat? WHAT. A. MATCH.

It's amazing how different NXT, NXT UK and 205 are from Raw and Smackdown in terms of wrestling quality. I don't even watch Raw or Smackdown anymore.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:54 AM   #517
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

At least EC3 got to get in the ring. I was surprised he wasn't in the rumble.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:19 PM   #518
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
By the way, did anyone watch Halftime Heat? WHAT. A. MATCH.

It's amazing how different NXT, NXT UK and 205 are from Raw and Smackdown in terms of wrestling quality. I don't even watch Raw or Smackdown anymore.

Yeah, it was a nicely booked fun match. I'm also interested to see which brands championship Dream fights for after winning Worlds Collide.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:26 PM   #519
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't see it being anything else other than NXT, for which he has put his blood, sweat and tears into. Dunne and Walter will be feuding over the NXT UK Championship and I can't understanding any timing that would deflate the sails right now out of Walter's momentum. 205 Live just won't happen.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:47 PM   #520
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
So you're saying we didn't want Russo back?

He is why I started losing interest in wrestling.

Honestly, at the height of the Russo time running WCW I would tune in every week because it was so hilariously bad that it was actually comedy gold.

Other things that made it awesome.

Rey Mysterio telling Konan that he was going to toss his salad during a promo.

Scott Steiner doing promo's that nobody had any control over, and everyone was terrified of the guy in 24 hour a day roid rage.

David Arquette winning the world title.

Dennis Rodman wrestling drunk

The Demon Blood, especially when it was supposed to fall on Sting and missed.

Dale Torberg, look him up though that's more on Easy Eric then Russo.