Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-06-2019, 08:36 AM   #741
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

They'll just sell another 20 million units of FIFA20 and Madden 20 and rake in that FUT revenue. EA still booked a net profit of over $200 million for the quarter.

Though EA is desperately hoping the EU doesn't follow Belgium's lead and ban the sale of FUT packs.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2019, 08:51 AM   #742
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Electronic Arts getting pummeled this morning after announcing Battlefield V sales were a million below expectations - and then basically blaming the consumer for it - and nobody wants to play their mobile games. Stock is down $13 per share this morning.
Their marketing and release windows have left a lot to be desired lately IMO.

Releasing Battlefield V after Call of Duty, and Red Dead Redemption think had them being "third wheel" a little bit for the market share in that group.

Also meant there were limited Black Friday sales on the game since it released only 3 days prior to Black Friday, and people were focusing more on the sales in that window opposed to buying BFV at full price.

Kind of similar to how they completely pooched Titanfall 2 a couple of year back by launching it a week after Battlefield 1, and a week before COD Infinite Warfare.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #743
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to tip my hat to Capcom for their RE2 remake. I didn't know it, but this is exactly what I wanted lol. I used to play a lot of the old RE games and absolutely loved RE4 back then when I still had a Gamecube. Kind of lost interest later and didn't play any of the newer ones (also remember RE6 had really negative reviews).

But this is awesome. This game with a 3rd person camera and modern graphics, coupled with nostalgia ... well worth the money. Kind of makes me want to get the Origins and RE4 versions for PS4 as well.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #744
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Electronic Arts getting pummeled this morning after announcing Battlefield V sales were a million below expectations - and then basically blaming the consumer for it - and nobody wants to play their mobile games. Stock is down $13 per share this morning.
this warms my cold heart
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:51 AM   #745
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I might have to try the series.

First KH game I tried was Dream Drop Distance on the 3DS and I was so confused by the game that I kind of gave up on the series.

If it's actually just that game then maybe I need to give the others a shot.
I wouldn't blame you for giving up if that was your first game in the series. Wowza. Going through the series again, I didn't feel like Kingdom Hearts 1 held up as well as I expected, but Kingdom Hearts 2 was still really fun to play. Thankfully now it's easy to check out the entire series at once with the release of the 1.5+2.5 collection on PS4.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:13 PM   #746
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I just started playing Battlefield v again the other day. Hadn't played it much since the week it came out. Game could be so good if they just made some little tweaks but they're more interested in releasing weapon skins and more uniforms to make the British troops look American, while completely ignoring the gameplay changes the game really needs

Last edited by btimbit; 02-06-2019 at 02:16 PM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:22 PM   #747
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I just started playing Battlefield v again the other day. Hadn't played it much since the week it came out. Game could be so good if they just made some little tweaks but they're more interested in releasing weapon skins and more uniforms to make the British troops look American, while completely ignoring the gameplay changes the game really needs

I don’t agree. Gameplay-wise, Dice has been very keen with their absorption of feedback from the community, and have already released a few significant patches with the intent of improving the experience. I think the gameplay itself and overall feel is in a great place. If anything, people have been eagerly awaiting more actual content in terms of maps, skins, etc.

I don’t mind EA taking a bite of humble pie in terms of stock price, but I love the Battlefield series (V is probably my favourite with the move back to WW2) and am rooting for it to succeed.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:52 AM   #748
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

PSA: Apex is actually sweet, has good gunplay, fun mechanics and runs extremely well.

That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:08 AM   #749
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
I don’t agree. Gameplay-wise, Dice has been very keen with their absorption of feedback from the community, and have already released a few significant patches with the intent of improving the experience. I think the gameplay itself and overall feel is in a great place. If anything, people have been eagerly awaiting more actual content in terms of maps, skins, etc.

I don’t mind EA taking a bite of humble pie in terms of stock price, but I love the Battlefield series (V is probably my favourite with the move back to WW2) and am rooting for it to succeed.
I've had every BF game ever made and BF1 was my least favourite. BFV was good its first week then the first patch changed the TTK/TTD to make it more like BF1, which ruined it in my opinion. If they're too lazy to sync that then they need to add hardcore mode back at least because it's not fun when your enemies are all bullet sponges but you die almost instantly because of the way the server processes damage.

There's also a huge problem with Chinese hackers going unchecked right now.

Last edited by btimbit; 02-07-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #750
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

If anybody lives in the south and needs a line of nostalgia to snort, Video Game Traders is open in that mall in Lake Bonavista. I nearly bought an NES purely to have as a desk ornament but it's about the size of a VCR. Might have to get one of those long IKEA shelves and make a nerdy console display wall.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2019, 10:58 PM   #751
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I've had every BF game ever made and BF1 was my least favourite. BFV was good its first week then the first patch changed the TTK/TTD to make it more like BF1, which ruined it in my opinion. If they're too lazy to sync that then they need to add hardcore mode back at least because it's not fun when your enemies are all bullet sponges but you die almost instantly because of the way the server processes damage.

There's also a huge problem with Chinese hackers going unchecked right now.

The TTK update was rescinded a couple of weeks later and restored to the (lower) launch TTK.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #752
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did they? Must have missed that. It still feels off to me maybe that's some weapon balancing.

Edit: oh look! Went on Reddit and they said the upcoming Patch will be targeted at TTK and TTD netcode balancing. Nice!

Do you know when they're adding custom servers? I know they said they'd be added later. Would be nice to play with custom bans since this gen of anti cheat is pretty useless. Plus custom settings overall would be awesome, the best servers in bf3 and 4 were ones with some settings changed

Last edited by btimbit; 02-08-2019 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:27 PM   #753
ignite09
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just bought a PS4 pro after being out of the video game scene for about 4 years now. Is it normal for a 12GB game to take 5 hours to download? Or is my connection that weak?
ignite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:05 AM   #754
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignite09 View Post
Just bought a PS4 pro after being out of the video game scene for about 4 years now. Is it normal for a 12GB game to take 5 hours to download? Or is my connection that weak?
That's a you thing. I downloaded Apex (~16 GB) in 8 minutes the other day. The average 3G phone downloads 12 GB faster than 5 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2019, 02:49 PM   #755
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Video game company chooses Calgary for its new headquarters

Quote:
New World Interactive, which specializes in first person shooter games has released three games so far on the PC market; Insurgency, Day of Infamy and Insurgency: Sandstorm.

Company president Keith Warner says the firm’s Calgary headquarters, called New World North Limited, will help them launch their games in the console market.
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video-gam...ters-1.4290001

Last edited by KTrain; 02-09-2019 at 04:58 PM.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2019, 04:25 PM   #756
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh cool! I like their games
Old 02-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #757
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another place for me to apply to.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #758
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Just finished my first run through the RE2 remake. Is it worth it to do with second run? How much of it is different?
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:50 AM   #759
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Games where you have to make multiple runs through to get the entire experience grind my gears.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #760
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Games where you have to make multiple runs through to get the entire experience grind my gears.
Yeah this is what's kept me from playing Nier: Automata. Everyone is like "Yeah the first playthrough I thought it was just okay, it's the FOURTH playthrough where things get crazy!"

Ehhhh... I know it's part of the story and that particular designer's schtick to play with the medium in that way, just doesn't sound like it's for me.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote