Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-14-2023, 11:01 PM   #1
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Hosting Research Content Online

Hoping all you tech gurus on CP can help me out with something. I've been looking for information regarding hosting options for scientific research literature/papers/studies and the like. Two potential options I've looked at are ResearchGate and local website hosting. There are other options out there such as arXiv, etc. What I'd like to know is what are the best options out there, and what are the pros and cons of each? My attempts at finding information thus far have turned up limited information, so I was hoping to glean some from this community. Thanks in advance for any info or advice!
Old 11-15-2023, 12:39 PM   #2
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't get what you're trying to do. Are you hoping to write research papers and post it to those websites? Or is it something else?

Those two sites are for uploading research papers that won't be peer reviewed. I don't understand what you mean when you say you're looking at both sites to host stuff.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 12:51 PM   #3
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I don't get what you're trying to do. Are you hoping to write research papers and post it to those websites? Or is it something else?

Those two sites are for uploading research papers that won't be peer reviewed. I don't understand what you mean when you say you're looking at both sites to host stuff.
I'm looking at options. Only one option will be selected, but I'm trying to determine which is the best one for this situation.

I'm not writing any research papers. I'm organizing and sorting a collection of research papers that a group of professionals have amassed over several years, so that the materials can be accessed and viewed by the public easily. Right now what they have is a disorganized mess of links leading to a mismash of different websites; the goal is to have everything put in one place and organized in an intuitive way.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:56 PM   #4
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd look at setting up a Wordpress site and see what addons are available for what you want to do. What you want sounds pretty basic and could maybe even be done in Google Drive or the like.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: