Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2008, 07:02 AM   #1
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Flames vs. Rockford - 30 Dec 2008 (QC Online)

http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=419495

Hoody

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Rockford took it big time last night from Iowa....hope we can do the same to them tonight!!!
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Good stuff guys.

Was gonna ask in the point thread but it makes more sense here... how does Chucko look in terms of being ready for a call up?

If he had to go in the morning, would he be ready, able?
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i still don't think he's close. though i may be harsher than most.

his point total has been healthy all year long, theres really no arguing that. personally, i have felt he has benefited from playing with good players. so while he certainly does deserve credit for making the best of his opportunity, i think its misleading to see all those points and think hes suddenly turned it around.

with that said, he still looks a ton better than last year. he plays physical at times, but still needs to step it up if he is going to be a power forward type. the problem i think with calling him up at this point is that hes by no means a mucker/grinder like peters or sutter, and not a skill guy like lundmark. now if he does continue to develop, he would be a good 3rd line fill in guy.

thats my opinion at least. but as i have stated before, i am not one of those guys that thinks every draft pick by an organization is destined to be a top liner.

edit: and to directly answer your other question, if he got the call tomorrow, i would be pretty apprehensive about it. like i said, he just doesn't have that grinder/energy game that many young guys can use to get those 4th line minutes.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have stated at the beginning of the year that this is a break out year for chucko. He will see a call up this year but for how long? I dont know. He seems reliant on Lundmark to get his goal but tonight showed that hes capable of doing it on his own.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:56 PM   #6
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post

thats my opinion at least. but as i have stated before, i am not one of those guys that thinks every draft pick by an organization is destined to be a top liner.
Neither am I, but thanks for the write up.

I'm honestly not all that concerned or excited about his offensive numbers, but it helps. I think chucko isn't going to make it as a scorer in this league, maybe as a minor one like David Moss, but that's it.

Thanks PIMking too. Again, at the NHL level I don't think he is going to be a guy who creates his own offensive either, but it's nice to see atleast he is keeping up in an offensive roll down there.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #7
pioneer98
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Chucko "created his own offense" at Friday's game in Milwaukee, too. It was a very similar goal to tonight's, but it was at even strength. On both goals he charged in from the wing and beat the defender to the net.

He's leaps and bounds better than last year, but still just not consistent enough. He seems to have a higher gear he can find this year, probably due to all the offseason conditioning he did. If he could play all the time in that higher gear, he'd be awesome.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:04 AM   #8
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I agree. Some nights I find myself asking, "What the heck?" when he's out there, because he seems a bit lost. Other nights he's just flying, hitting everything in sight and handling the puck very well.

Tremendous improvement over last season, when I was wondering whether he had a chance. Now I just wonder how ready he'll be when his chance comes. Like Pioneer says, the potential is there and if he ever decides to unleash it....
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:16 PM   #9
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://ahl.neulion.com/team/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1567

highlights of the game