Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2024, 12:34 PM   #6321
Skootenbeeten
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Where does that say

Where is this glut of food? Why isn't the international media reporting about these excesses of trucks entering Gaza?

Please provide a credible source.

You got one, right from the mouth of a Gazan, Enjoy.
Skootenbeeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 12:45 PM   #6322
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
So they’ll stop if they release the hostages but wouldn’t have stopped starting if they had released the hostages?

OK lol
Yes, the events post-October 7 have now changed things dramatically for both sides. Hamas, for example, is now no longer wiling to unconditionally release all the hostages.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:17 PM   #6323
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootenbeeten View Post
You seem pretty chill with the intentional rape of civilians after what like 19 years of relative peace?

What's your pathetic excuse for Oct 7th?
Wtf are you talking about?

Relative peace for 19 years? Yeah, maybe if you're Israeli. Life was a living nightmare for Palestinians during that time.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:22 PM   #6324
Skootenbeeten
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
Wtf are you talking about?

Relative peace for 19 years? Yeah, maybe if you're Israeli. Life was a living nightmare for Palestinians during that time.

Were they not allowed to fire as many rockets as they liked? That's why the iron dome exists afterall. Or maybe they were sad because they weren't allowed to bomb busses and stab children to death in their beds like they enjoyed in the 80s/90's until the wall was put up.

Do tell, are you going to yap about "apartheid" and "open air prison"? If so you can explain how 25% of Isreal is Arab and how thousands of Palestinians would work in Isreal every day and they used this info to help with Oct 7th massacre. Or if you want to talk about "open air prison" please explain Egypts role seeing as how they share a massive razor wire/walled border with Gaza. Go on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skootenbeeten For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 01:37 PM   #6325
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Yes, the events post-October 7 have now changed things dramatically for both sides. Hamas, for example, is now no longer wiling to unconditionally release all the hostages.
Come on bud, you don’t have to do gymnastics on this one.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:39 PM   #6326
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Come on bud, you don’t have to do gymnastics on this one.
You're being totally non-sensical here. You don't think the war and all the international pressure has changed facts? Facts are the exact same now as they were prior to Israel's war on the Gaza Strip? Nothing has changed inside either Israel or the Gaza Strip?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:58 PM   #6327
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
icon53

Quote:
Were they not allowed to fire as many rockets as they liked? That's why the iron dome exists afterall. Or maybe they were sad because they weren't allowed to bomb busses and stab children to death in their beds like they enjoyed in the 80s/90's until the wall was put up.

Do tell, are you going to yap about "apartheid" and "open air prison"? If so you can explain how 25% of Isreal is Arab and how thousands of Palestinians would work in Isreal every day and they used this info to help with Oct 7th massacre. Or if you want to talk about "open air prison" please explain Egypts role seeing as how they share a massive razor wire/walled border with Gaza. Go on.
It's not me making this stuff up. A good number of humanitarian agencies have pointed out the apartheid and open air prison stuff. No need to keep arguing this with you. Go read the rest of this thread. Most of the other genocide supporters around here have shut up about this.
The Following User Says Thank You to _Q_ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 02:01 PM   #6328
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I have no problems with the position that Isreal has a right to defend themselves, and that the asymmetrical violence is a necessity, despite Israel being a equal, and sometimes an unequal perpetrator in the conditions which allow for ongoing conflict in the region. ( I don't agree with this entirely, but it is a position that I can understand)

What I have no sympathy for is the position that Israel is a hapless victim, who have done, and are doing no wrong.

That is a disturbing position to take, as it in is present in the grammar with which genocides are committed.

People are not showing concern for no reason. The positions of yourself and many others gives me the impression that you see Palestinians as vermin, and that stance is untenable.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 02:01 PM   #6329
Skootenbeeten
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
It's not me making this stuff up. A good number of humanitarian agencies have pointed out the apartheid and open air prison stuff. No need to keep arguing this with you. Go read the rest of this thread. Most of the other genocide supporters around here have shut up about this.

No need to argue indeed, you have nothing of value to add here that I can't get from another Brownshirt. Educate yourself on the history of the area and you can come back and try again.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:09 PM   #6330
Skootenbeeten
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I have no problems with the position that Isreal has a right to defend themselves, and that the asymmetrical violence is a necessity, despite Israel being a equal, and sometimes an unequal perpetrator in the conditions which allow for ongoing conflict in the region. ( I don't agree with this entirely, but it is a position that I can understand)

What I have no sympathy for is the position that Israel is a hapless victim, who have done, and are doing no wrong.

That is a disturbing position to take, as it in is present in the grammar with which genocides are committed.

People are not showing concern for no reason. The positions of yourself and many others gives me the impression that you see Palestinians as vermin, and that stance is untenable.

That is the impression you seem to take from anyone arguing that Isreal has a right to exist. The fact is war has casualties and Isreal has done a downright admirable job in minimizing those numbers. Show me a comparable example of any country trying to minimize the number of deaths on the other side. You will have trouble.

The true disturbing aspect is you trying to present Hamas and Palestinians are two entirely different entities when Hamas is not only elected, comprised, sheltered, protected and enabled by Palestinian people. I understand the propaganda war is being won handily by Hamas but the mental gymnastics to avoid the attrocities committed on Isreal by Palestinians over the years is just impressive.

I always remember the saying "If Palestine put down their guns the war ends tommorrow, if Israel puts down their guns there is no Israel".
Old 05-03-2024, 02:18 PM   #6331
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
That is the impression you seem to take from anyone arguing that Isreal has a right to exist. The fact is war has casualties and Isreal has done a downright admirable job in minimizing those numbers. Show me a comparable example of any country trying to minimize the number of deaths on the other side. You will have trouble.

The true disturbing aspect is you trying to present Hamas and Palestinians are two entirely different entities when Hamas is not only elected, comprised, sheltered, protected and enabled by Palestinian people. I understand the propaganda war is being won handily by Hamas but the mental gymnastics to avoid the attrocities committed on Isreal by Palestinians over the years is just impressive.

I always remember the saying "If Palestine put down their guns the war ends tommorrow, if Israel puts down their guns there is no Israel".
Lol buddy, you are truly regarded if you believe that... Even the staunchest of Israel supporters wouldn't state the bolded with a straight face.
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 02:24 PM   #6332
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You've misunderstood me. My point is that I accept the position that Israel has the right to defend itself with the caveat that those taking that position can take accountability for in part creating the conditions whereby perpetual conflict exists. To me there is no peaceful solution without that accountability.

Indeed this is the same position that I take with respect to Palestinian foreign diplomacy. They have the right to defend themselves, though there needs to be an implicate understanding that doing so further provokes conflict. Hamas and a majority of Palestinians are not hapless victims either.

Neither side has clean hands, or any moral high ground. In fact , both groups are shouting at each other from the pits of hell, a hell they they built together for themselves.

the only moral difference I see, is that Israel is capable, and appears to be implementing a strategy that has the ambition of removing all Palestinians from their home land. Of course there is a case to be made that Hamas would be happy to implement the same strategy, though it is clear that this would be impossible under the current conditions of the world.

Make no doubt, if the shoe was on the other foot, I would appeal to the humanity of Palestinians for hopes that they could show restraint and work on a peaceful solution.

Though it seems impossible, and so here we are with mass murder the order of the day, everyday, from here to eternity.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:28 PM   #6333
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
No need to argue indeed, you have nothing of value to add here that I can't get from another Brownshirt. Educate yourself on the history of the area and you can come back and try again.
Some random, keyboard white supremacist telling a Palestinian to educate himself about the region he and parents come from.

Do us all a favor and go crawl back under a rock you've been hiding under for the last 3 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to _Q_ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 02:56 PM   #6334
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You got one, right from the mouth of a Gazan, Enjoy.
Nope. Sorry I didn't. Still waiting.

Please either you or beninho prove me wrong that your statement that
Quote:
Isreal provides double the food Palestine requires
is nothing more than a deliberate disgusting lie by providing a credible source.
Thanks in advance.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:02 PM   #6335
Skootenbeeten
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondros View Post
Lol buddy, you are truly regarded if you believe that... Even the staunchest of Israel supporters wouldn't state the bolded with a straight face.

Good argument, hard to counter. Next time try and have a point.

Quote:
Some random, keyboard white supremacist telling a Palestinian to educate himself about the region he and parents come from.

Do us all a favor and go crawl back under a rock you've been hiding under for the last 3 years.

You're the one pushing for the genocide of the Jewish State, i'd argue you and Hitler would get along famously like the Palestinian leadership and Hitler during WW2. But I guess i'm a white supremist because you can't argue your position. Like I said try again when you have something to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Indeed this is the same position that I take with respect to Palestinian foreign diplomacy. They have the right to defend themselves, though there needs to be an implicate understanding that doing so further provokes conflict. Hamas and a majority of Palestinians are not hapless victims either.

Neither side has clean hands, or any moral high ground. In fact , both groups are shouting at each other from the pits of hell, a hell they they built together for themselves.

the only moral difference I see, is that Israel is capable, and appears to be implementing a strategy that has the ambition of removing all Palestinians from their home land. Of course there is a case to be made that Hamas would be happy to implement the same strategy, though it is clear that this would be impossible under the current conditions of the world.

Make no doubt, if the shoe was on the other foot, I would appeal to the humanity of Palestinians for hopes that they could show restraint and work on a peaceful solution.

Though it seems impossible, and so here we are with mass murder the order of the day, everyday, from here to eternity.

You were doing so well but when one really slows down and reads the things you say they have this undertone.

"They have the right to defend themselves, though there needs to be an implicate understanding that doing so further provokes conflict."

Imagine telling someone that "defending themselves provokes conflict" after you have attacked them. What a sinister thing to say to try and blame someone who is the victim of an unending stream of suicide attacks. Just sit there and allow Hamas to kill you my friend.

"the only moral difference I see, is that Israel is capable, and appears to be implementing a strategy that has the ambition of removing all Palestinians from their home land."

And here is another good one, Palestine has been offered their own state 5 times and refused each time in favor of war and bloodshed. They also were given the entirety of Gaza to rule after Israel removed all of their citizens and forces from Gaza. But apparently Israel is just "stealing all the land", and you call it Palestines homeland and don't mention that it is also and probably more Israels homeland.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:43 PM   #6336
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You were doing so well but when one really slows down and reads the things you say they have this undertone.

"They have the right to defend themselves, though there needs to be an implicate understanding that doing so further provokes conflict."

Imagine telling someone that "defending themselves provokes conflict" after you have attacked them. What a sinister thing to say to try and blame someone who is the victim of an unending stream of suicide attacks. Just sit there and allow Hamas to kill you my friend.

"the only moral difference I see, is that Israel is capable, and appears to be implementing a strategy that has the ambition of removing all Palestinians from their home land."

And here is another good one, Palestine has been offered their own state 5 times and refused each time in favor of war and bloodshed. They also were given the entirety of Gaza to rule after Israel removed all of their citizens and forces from Gaza. But apparently Israel is just "stealing all the land", and you call it Palestines homeland and don't mention that it is also and probably more Israels homeland.
Call me an idealist, but a homeland can belong to multiple people at once. For example my family has lived on the same farm since 1893. It is my home, at yet, it is the traditional territories of the Blackfoot, Stoney, and Metis Nations. When I am told it is their homeland I understand and accept the violence my ancestors have committed. Does that acceptance right any wrongs? no, but at least it creates the possibility of understanding for future generations.

With that in mind, territories of conflict in Israel and Palestine are, the homelands of both peoples. It is the refusal of both parties to accept this that contributes to this never ending conflict.

Again, both sides are guilty, and I don't think that any argument that doesnt embrace that as a fundamental reality are worth anything but shame.

Last edited by TheIronMaiden; 05-03-2024 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:43 PM   #6337
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Nope. Sorry I didn't. Still waiting.

Please either you or beninho prove me wrong that your statement that

is nothing more than a deliberate disgusting lie by providing a credible source.
Thanks in advance.
Beninho disappeared after writing a 2 hour essay and having me prove it wrong with 3 seconds.

He also claimed I insulted people which was totally false. I'm still waiting for an apology.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:50 PM   #6338
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Beninho disappeared after writing a 2 hour essay and having me prove it wrong with 3 seconds.

He also claimed I insulted people which was totally false. I'm still waiting for an apology.
Sorry you fell for lies by a Trump supporting degenerate boxer who just got popped for steroids. Let me know when the cheque hits.

Last edited by Beninho; 05-03-2024 at 04:02 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:51 PM   #6339
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post

Ugh, why did you Beetlejuice him back into existence lol.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 03:57 PM   #6340
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Show me the images.
Actually show me a credible source.

Edit... I see little terrorist genocide defender Beninho thanked the post so he can provide a source also
Awww does thanking posts trigger you? It’s nice outside Bagor. Get some sun
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote