Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-15-2018, 08:48 AM   #2321
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Tobias Enstorm is considering signing with Modo for the upcoming season. He is expected to make a decision this week:

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblad...jarnvarvningen
wonder if Edmonton doesn't throw him an offer with Sekera out again... if they can afford him I guess.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:40 PM   #2322
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Edmonton Oilers
@EdmontonOilers
The #Oilers have signed Scottie Upshall to a PTO contract. The forward & Fort McMurray native has played 759 @NHL regular season games & has spent the last three years in St. Louis, tallying 7G, 12A over 63 games in 2017-18.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:42 PM   #2323
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Such a random player, perfect for the Oil
Old 08-19-2018, 01:12 PM   #2324
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Such a random player, perfect for the Oil
Maybe he's confused it for a job interview in the oil industry?

The Following User Says Thank You to saXon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2018, 02:14 PM   #2325
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has Enstrom's game really fallen off that much? I thought he was still a decent middle-pairing d-man. Or does he not want to wander around the NHL looking for work at this stage of his life?
Old 08-19-2018, 03:28 PM   #2326
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Has Enstrom's game really fallen off that much? I thought he was still a decent middle-pairing d-man. Or does he not want to wander around the NHL looking for work at this stage of his life?
He’s really fallen off, mainly due to injuries. He might be a serviceable 6 or 7 however teams would probably take a younger guy for that role, or someone who’s not injured all the time
Old 08-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #2327
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd be surprised if the Flames send out many PTOs. The roster seems full as it is.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #2328
Nelson
First Line Centre

Exp:

Probably stupid idea: since the Flames need a long term starter and the Predators want to win now, the Flames trade Giordano to the Preds for Saros, Fabbro and a 2019 2nd. Okay, I’ll show myself out before ppl throw tomatoes at my head.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #2329
Ring of Fire
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
I'd be surprised if the Flames send out many PTOs. The roster seems full as it is.
I bet they bring a few in on PTOs but I doubt they sign any. They’ll want some veterans around while the big guns are in China. PTOs are a way for free agents to showcase themselves too. And the Flames have games at home while the China trip is on. I could see them bringing in a guy like Dennis Seidenberg who their new assistant coach would be familiar with from Germany.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:51 PM   #2330
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
There is a reason he doesn't have a contract. Butter soft and cant handle any pressure.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #2331
fireguyfire
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Sounds like a top pair Oilers d man alright.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:50 PM   #2332
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Not really player related, but the Coyotes have parted ways with their director of Amateur of Scouting Tim Bernhardt. He was there while Treliving was there and worked together for a few years. Wonder if Maloney and Treliving bring him in the fold, especially considering he wants a reduced work load.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...ateur-scouting

Quote:
In the meantime, if there’s a team looking for a regional scout who has years of experience and has unearthed some outstanding middle-round gems, getting Bernhardt would be a coup. An undersized goalie who is in the Quebec League Hall of Fame and defied the odds by having a 12-year pro career that included 67 NHL games, Bernhardt has always been one of the game’s hardest-working scouts, from his start with the league’s Central Scouting Bureau in 1990 and through his tenures with the Dallas Stars and Coyotes. (Bernhardt has done some particularly good work in the fifth round of the draft, with the crown jewel of his career being the selection of Jamie Benn in 2007. Marty Turco in 1994, Mike Smith in 2001 and John Klingberg in 2010 were also fifth-round picks.)

And he had done a good job stockpiling young talent for the Coyotes, collecting assets that should make them a playoff contender in the next couple of seasons. In THN’s 2018 Future Watch edition, the Coyotes ranked third league-wide on the strength of their prospects and under-21 NHL talent. But sometimes that’s not enough. The Coyotes haven’t made the playoffs in six years and sometimes there’s a need for a new approach. To that end, Chayka brought Hofford in to assist him after the latter’s contract was not renewed by the Toronto Maple Leafs and with a background in identifying young talent, Hofford was bound to put his stamp on the scouting department. And both Hofford and Bernhardt, who had already worked the World Junior Summer Showcase and the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup for the Coyotes, came to see that it wasn’t going to be a good fit.

“In recent years the Coyotes have acquired a good group of young players that it looking poised to take the next step,” Bernhardt told TheHockeyNews.com. “When a new assistant GM comes in, he is allowed to change the scouting template, the philosophies, the methods. You either believe in them or you don’t. For me, it was time to move on.”

This might be looked at as an eye-test vs. analytics clash, given Chayka’s expertise in the former, but really it was more a matter of philosophy. As the new assistant GM, Hofford has every right to make the changes he sees fit and, with the confidence of the GM behind him, make whatever changes he feels are necessary. And Bernhardt, who has years of scouting experience and a solid reputation behind him, had the right to dissent.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2018, 08:07 PM   #2333
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Stone is gong to come in handy once we run into eventual injuries.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:19 PM   #2334
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Not really player related, but the Coyotes have parted ways with their director of Amateur of Scouting Tim Bernhardt. He was there while Treliving was there and worked together for a few years. Wonder if Maloney and Treliving bring him in the fold, especially considering he wants a reduced work load.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...ateur-scouting
I have no idea why anyone would want their team to be modelled after the all-world drafting prowess of the mighty Arizona Coyotes. One of the only organizations in history better than the Oilers at whiffing on draft picks.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:08 AM   #2335
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1032296716014219264
Old 08-22-2018, 10:10 AM   #2336
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsd1 View Post
Please not in our division, especially not the nucks
Old 08-22-2018, 10:10 AM   #2337
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

This just in, Vancouver is not a match.

Vegas or Dallas are my guess. Really wanted to see him go to Tampa for all the roster chaos it would cause there.

Last edited by Toonage; 08-22-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #2338
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have this weird gut feeling that Treliving is getting more seriously involved in Karlsson trade talks.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #2339
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I won’t mind if Vancouver gets him, because the return they will give will be hilarious.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2018, 10:27 AM   #2340
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I have this weird gut feeling that Treliving is getting more seriously involved in Karlsson trade talks.
I dont think so... I cant see him building up a team like he has this summer only to start poking holes and shipping out pieces to fit him in, for 1 season. With Tkchuck's renewal next year you wouldn't be able to fit him into the roster without shedding serious personnel. Just dosent seem like what he's trying to do.

I betcha he is heading to Vegas. They have young pieces and picks to make a rebuilding Ottawa happy, cap space, holes in their roster, and a fledgling Fan Base to excite. Its kinda a perfect match, as long as they feel they can renew him.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanTrev For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread