Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 06:59 AM   #7641
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Uh, Jesus ain't in his grave. That's kind of core to them Christian beliefs.
His heaven grave then...his pad. Whatever....
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 07:09 AM   #7642
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't help but wonder if North Korea is accidentally on purpose trolling Trump by having one of their missiles called; "No-Dong".
Old 08-09-2017, 07:14 AM   #7643
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I can't help but wonder if North Korea is accidentally on purpose trolling Trump by having one of their missiles called; "No-Dong".
They should go with "Jag-eun Son" for maximum level trolling.

I hope Google Translate got that one right...
Old 08-09-2017, 07:49 AM   #7644
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Trump has drawn a red line with NK, and God has given him the moral authority to take out NK, and he has the code to the nukes and he is mentally unstable?
good times!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:33 AM   #7645
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

FBI raids Paul Manafort's home. Cards beginning to fall?

Quote:
FBI agents raided the Alexandria home of President Trump’s former campaign chairman late last month, using a search warrant to seize documents and other materials, according to people familiar with the special counsel investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Federal agents appeared at Paul Manafort’s home without advance warning in the predawn hours of July 26, the day after he met voluntarily with the staff for the Senate Intelligence Committee.

The search warrant was wide-ranging and FBI agents working with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III departed the home with various records.

The raid came as Manafort has been voluntarily producing documents to congressional committees investigating Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election. The search warrant indicates investigators may have argued to a federal judge they had reason to believe Manafort could not be trusted to turn over all records in response to a grand jury subpoena.

It could also have been intended to send a message to President Trump’s former campaign chairman that he should not expect gentle treatment or legal courtesies from Mueller’s team.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.24d597f1527f
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 08:55 AM   #7646
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Well good thing Trump isn't insane enough to take this serio.....god ####ing damnit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bb755e7b02ec
The fact that people, living in the age of accelerated science and technology, still listen to what 'God' is telling them is truly frightening. Even more so when you realize it permeates into the top levels of those who govern us.

So glad we live in Canada. Soooo glad. That theological rhetoric is turned wayyyy down.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 09:19 AM   #7647
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't believe it permeates Trump personally though. I think he makes it appear he does because he knows a good portion of his voters wouldn't have voted for him if he admitted he was an atheist.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #7648
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
FBI raids Paul Manafort's home. Cards beginning to fall?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.24d597f1527f
On the same day as the raid, a few hours later we got this tweetstorm which obviously now makes perfect sense. Also this is thevday when Tony Scaramucci did the coked up interview. They know what's up.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:45 AM   #7649
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
So when Trump decides to level the NK leadership, what next? Millions of brainwashed souls with no leaders. China isn't going to let the US waltz in and run the joint. This is going to be a disaster.
First South Korea and Japan take millions of casualties. Then you have a humanitarian crisis and mass starvation of the North and surviving south Koreans.

Then China takes over.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:46 AM   #7650
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
I don't believe it permeates Trump personally though. I think he makes it appear he does because he knows a good portion of his voters wouldn't have voted for him if he admitted he was an atheist.
Yeah me too, I don't think Trump personally. He bends to that crowd though if it benefits him. It permeates with a very large number of American politicians though.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:48 AM   #7651
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
The fact that people, living in the age of accelerated science and technology, still listen to what 'God' is telling them is truly frightening. Even more so when you realize it permeates into the top levels of those who govern us.

So glad we live in Canada. Soooo glad. That theological rhetoric is turned wayyyy down.
I think God told GWB. to invade Iraq also.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:49 AM   #7652
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You don't think it stokes his ego to have been given authority from god to take out Kim? Whether or not he is religious, his ego is far to delicate to not be affecting by that.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:52 AM   #7653
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The problem is that Trump thinks HE is God. The guy is a few fries short of a Happy Meal, and not that far from the same level of insanity as his NK counterpart. We have two man children, with nuclear weapons, staring each other down trying to figure out who has the bigger pee-pee and the smaller amount of boom-boom in their diapers. This is going to end ugly. I was listening to NPR on the way to work and a guest framed this as the 21st Century Cuban Missile Crisis. We don't have someone with brains like John Fitzgerald Kennedy on our side this time. We have someone with the intellect of Jamie Kennedy on the line and with his finger on the button.

Last edited by Lanny_McDonald; 08-09-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:56 AM   #7654
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I miss the ole days when we would just "smoke 'em out"....

Old 08-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #7655
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
First South Korea and Japan take millions of casualties. Then you have a humanitarian crisis and mass starvation of the North and surviving south Koreans.

Then China takes over.
North Korea even beyond Nukes which are still in the development stage have a huge stockpile of chemical and biological weapons that are artillery fired. With about 10 or 11,000 suspected pieced of artillery zero'd in on Seoul its assumed that they will fire a mixture of air burst and ground burst explosives, chemical weapons including advanced nerve gas. North Korea is also suspected of manufacturing Anthrax in a duel use factory that also makes pesticides.

On top of that artillary is great for deploying quick and nasty delayed mines, which would hamper any humanitarian aid or rescue attempts.

Even without Nuclear weapons, North Korea has some pretty frightening capabilities that don't need to be hyper accurate or advanced. A WW2 Howitzer is still an effective weapon when you fire hundreds of them. A MLRS based around WW2 technology is still effective if its well hidden.

The reason why North Korea wants the nuclear capability in long range missile form is to threaten at range. The American's might for example be willing to see Seoul get crushed, wouldn't be so willing to see Japan get hit with a nuke, or Seattle attacked.

And the task of finding and destroying 10's of thousandes of artillary pieces while at the same time neutralizing ICBM's that might not be silo based is an impossible task for anyone including the Americans.

Even if 1000 artillary pieces survive to fire and they use Sarin or even mustard gas, the casualty count in South Korea would be substantial and cause a mass panic.

Also Kim knows that if an American attack does come straight for him and his twisted family, that he has nowhere to flee to, because internationally no country will take that risk anymore, not even Putin in an ultimate FU move.

So in a sense this deterrent is all about him being able to say if you want me, prepare to kill hundreds of thousands to get me.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:05 AM   #7656
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #7657
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
The problem is that Trump thinks HE is God. The guy is a few fries short of a Happy Meal, and not that far from the same level of insanity as his NK counterpart. We have two man children, with nuclear weapons, staring each other down trying to figure out who has the bigger pee and the smaller amount of boom-boom in their diapers. This is going to end ugly. I was listening to NPR on the way to work and a guest framed this as the 21st Century Cuban Missile Crisis. We don't have someone with brains like John Fitzgerald Kennedy on our side this time. We have someone with the intellect of Jamie Kennedy on the line and with his finger on the button.
People forget how close we were to a nuclear crisis during the missile crisis. We were one over heated vacuum tube basically away from a nuclear exchange.

While both sides were to an extent rational, JFK in the end didn't give Krushchev any room to maneuver or save face which lead to nearly 20 years of part hacks running the Soviet Union and the idea of repraochment that Krusshchev had along with reforms to the soviet economy and the way it dealt with the American's died when Brezhnev took his place.

The Cold War could have possibly ended a lot sooner.

Neither side won the Cuban Missile Crisis though the Soviet Union lost it.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 10:11 AM   #7658
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
North Korea even beyond Nukes which are still in the development stage have a huge stockpile of chemical and biological weapons that are artillery fired. With about 10 or 11,000 suspected pieced of artillery zero'd in on Seoul its assumed that they will fire a mixture of air burst and ground burst explosives, chemical weapons including advanced nerve gas. North Korea is also suspected of manufacturing Anthrax in a duel use factory that also makes pesticides.

On top of that artillary is great for deploying quick and nasty delayed mines, which would hamper any humanitarian aid or rescue attempts.

Even without Nuclear weapons, North Korea has some pretty frightening capabilities that don't need to be hyper accurate or advanced. A WW2 Howitzer is still an effective weapon when you fire hundreds of them. A MLRS based around WW2 technology is still effective if its well hidden.

The reason why North Korea wants the nuclear capability in long range missile form is to threaten at range. The American's might for example be willing to see Seoul get crushed, wouldn't be so willing to see Japan get hit with a nuke, or Seattle attacked.

And the task of finding and destroying 10's of thousandes of artillary pieces while at the same time neutralizing ICBM's that might not be silo based is an impossible task for anyone including the Americans.

Even if 1000 artillary pieces survive to fire and they use Sarin or even mustard gas, the casualty count in South Korea would be substantial and cause a mass panic.

Also Kim knows that if an American attack does come straight for him and his twisted family, that he has nowhere to flee to, because internationally no country will take that risk anymore, not even Putin in an ultimate FU move.

So in a sense this deterrent is all about him being able to say if you want me, prepare to kill hundreds of thousands to get me.
I tend to believe the 15 minute theory...

http://www.businessinsider.com/gener...minutes-2017-8

I don't think DPRK lasts more than a single offensive attack. The fallout may be the real issue. And of course if China decides it's being attacked.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #7659
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post

I don't think DPRK lasts more than a single offensive attack. The fallout may be the real issue. And of course if China decides it's being attacked.
I think that the American's have to remember how tough the whole "Scud" hunt was in the gulf war.

As nice as it is to say they won't last 15 minutes and it sounds great. If the North Koreans get the preemptive strike in with a time on target artilly barrage of lets say half of their guns with a poor performance of 2 rounds per minute. Seoul would be hit by 10,000 artillary rounds with a predermined mixture of air ground, chemical, sub munitions and possibly biological weapons.

Against a military target that's no big deal, against a civilian population center your looking at what Berlin looked like after nights of continuous nightly bombings by the Allies. Plus an overwhelmed health system, especially if nerve gas or biological agents are used. Add to that civilian panic.

If the strike is going to happen to be fair, the militarily smart move is to do it now and erase their ability to manufacturer warheads and do it before they finalize miniaturization.

On top of that, its not like all of the North Korean artillary is out in nice neat rows on the open. They have a mixture of mobile shoot and scoot weapons, standard pieces and also deeply fortified pieces in the mountains.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #7660
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post

In 15 minutes South Korea can take a million casualties or more plus you have nuked the civilian population of North Korea and taken the lid off the use of Nuclear weapons in combat.

And all you have done is given the entire area to china.
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms