Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2023, 07:49 AM   #621
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

This show was some Panderverse Kennedy #### to a tee.

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 11-11-2023 at 11:34 PM.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 09:49 AM   #622
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
This is just pompous "super fan" nonsense. Been a fan of the franchise for 30 years thanks.
A real fan would have watched the animated shows.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2023, 12:42 PM   #623
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've never seen the show, and probably won't for a good long time, but anything that gives me more of this is money well spent, Disney.

Last edited by GreenLantern2814; 11-09-2023 at 12:45 PM.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 04:44 PM   #624
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now that the actors strike is over, Eman Esfandi can finally confirm that he will be playing Ezra in the Ahsoka series...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1722801597485568297
Old 11-11-2023, 04:54 PM   #625
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn. Really? Spoilers dude...spoilers.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 02:11 PM   #626
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I never felt lost with the plot. It felt like nothing really happened. They go to another galaxy to stop a bad guy from coming back. The bad guy comes back.

There's some fan service, like ghost Anakin and the space whales. Also.... Zombie stormtroopers? No.
Yeah. Not bad to watch cause yay star wars and lightsabers but the whole premise is pretty questionable. I mean, Ezra presumably gives his life to go to other galaxy with Thrawn (didn't watch Rebels, don't know what happened there), and now they just undid that to help the baddies because one person was sad he was gone and missed him?

You'd think he'd be a bit upset that he spent the past whatever number of years of his life in this other galaxy to protect the main galaxy only to have that all undone.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Torture For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2023, 06:49 AM   #627
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
Yeah. Not bad to watch cause yay star wars and lightsabers but the whole premise is pretty questionable. I mean, Ezra presumably gives his life to go to other galaxy with Thrawn (didn't watch Rebels, don't know what happened there), and now they just undid that to help the baddies because one person was sad he was gone and missed him?

You'd think he'd be a bit upset that he spent the past whatever number of years of his life in this other galaxy to protect the main galaxy only to have that all undone.
Well....notoriously...they didnt tell him.

He straight-up asked Sabine on the rock-crawler ride thingy and she totally dodged him and then it never comes up again.

Thats quality story-telling from the guy now in charge of Star Wars.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:40 AM   #628
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would rank Ahsoka right near the bottom of the pile in terms of recent Star Wars projects, maybe a slight notch above Boba Fett. Hell, even the sequel trilogy told a better story IMO.

I'm looking forward to the release of Andor season 2 so we can all cleanse our palates.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 05:57 PM   #629
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I said it initially it was a huge mistake to try to bring the animated world into the real world.

First because it would really put the spot light on the performances, and Rosario was just really an uninteresting and emotionless and bland Ashoka and her fight work just could compare.

Second of all the story just becomes constrained.

But a lot of the concepts here in this series weren't great, and the Sabine basically ruining Ezra's sacrifice is a sour spot.

Going back to the start of this, I said halfway through, she doesn't feel like Ashoka. And even explaining that massive character shift to this dour arms crossing all the time made it worse.

At the same time I just hate that they suddenly decided to give Sabine force powers. Her character was great in the animated series because she didn't need force powers, she just was highly intelligent, creative and vicious in her own way.

There was too much character study. And yeah, I would rank this series as my least favorite, though this first season was all about getting Thrawn back to the GFFA and Baylan's quest.

I didn't much like BBF, and Morrison's teeth were just freaky man. But it did have its moment. I can't think a month after watching Ashoka of a stand out moment.

And I leave you with the real Ashoka.

(PS how hard would have it been to sub out Rosario in the fight scenes like they did in the animated series with mo cap like the below fight)

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:53 AM   #630
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I really wish Animated stories stayed Animated. Let the normies think Maul is still dead. You don't need to confuse them in Solo.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
star wars