Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2021, 05:10 PM   #541
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
Isn't this poster also known as the guy who wipes and then throws the used tp into the wastebasket? Easily one of the weirdest things I've ever read here.
lol I forgot about that thread and had to search for it to remember who it was. Totally insane.

It was calgaryblood, who did share the same bathroom issues:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
I wonder if I'm the only one whose craps take a good half hour and I use pretty much a full roll of toilet paper every time.
Apparently ####ty posters commonly have trouble with their actual ####.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 05:18 PM   #542
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
lol I forgot about that thread and had to search for it to remember who it was. Totally insane.

sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sketchyt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 05:29 PM   #543
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well this thread has gone all to sh*t.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 08:19 PM   #544
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
If Knightslayer triples down without actually providing anything to back up his ####### claims I think he should be banned.

These players put up with enough scrutiny from the fan base. They don't need morons on here making false claims about their charitably etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Just ban him...like I said earlier I am involved in a few children's wish events and Gaudreau helped many times. He is by far the most requested player he can't do everything.

At the last event this past summer he donated an hour on ice session to be auctioned. Its not a competition but I think you would be hard pressed to find many Allstars that would be willing to go skate with randos for charity
I don't agree with Knightslayer's take, but I don't get where the calls to ban him are coming from. The Flames do often give PR and volunteering duty to prospects. That's why we see/saw players like Kylington, Dube, Valimaki, Bennett, Jankowski, Mangiapane, Hathaway ect. seem more involved on the social networks.

I don't think Johnny has done anything wrong, or that this should be brought up against him. Especially when discussing leadership. He just doesn't seem like someone that would require credit for helping people, and that's where we get the misconception.

I also don't think it's fair to try and quantify how much a person gives back. Each person gives back as much as they feel comfortable with, so comparing him to someone like Gio/Backlund seems a bit useless.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 08:37 PM   #545
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
I don't agree with Knightslayer's take, but I don't get where the calls to ban him are coming from.
If you're going to come onto the site and start questioning a players character and claim he's not charitable and avoids giving back to the community, you should have a long list of examples ready and not garbage like this:

Quote:
Gaudreau is usually missing when team goes does something for the community like visiting the kids in hospital and similar events.
If he can't provide proof of his claims then he should just shut the #### up about it.

Problem is there are too many stupid people out there that don't need actual proof to believe the stupid crap they read on the internet, and then they go around parroting it like it's fact.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
bax
Old 10-20-2021, 09:44 PM   #546
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt View Post
Aubrey Plaza is just precious.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2021, 08:50 AM   #547
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

calgaryblood and Knightslayer are one and the same. Identical posting style. And your post proves it. He's the one who made the biggest stink (ah, thank you) out of StrikerSteve's hilarious PGT gifs.

Maybe CP took away his innocence so he turned to the dark side.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:32 AM   #548
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Aubrey Plaza is just precious.
And Pratt needs to do more pure comedy movies.
Old 10-21-2021, 01:05 PM   #549
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
I don't agree with Knightslayer's take, but I don't get where the calls to ban him are coming from. The Flames do often give PR and volunteering duty to prospects. That's why we see/saw players like Kylington, Dube, Valimaki, Bennett, Jankowski, Mangiapane, Hathaway ect. seem more involved on the social networks.

I don't think Johnny has done anything wrong, or that this should be brought up against him. Especially when discussing leadership. He just doesn't seem like someone that would require credit for helping people, and that's where we get the misconception.

I also don't think it's fair to try and quantify how much a person gives back. Each person gives back as much as they feel comfortable with, so comparing him to someone like Gio/Backlund seems a bit useless.
He lied about a players charitable contributions in order to trash him and doubled down when presented with actual evidence. Did you even read the thread?

I posted that I know for a fact he works with Childrens Wish (in addition to the Flames Foundation work) often and posted first hand examples.

This poster is also a repeat offender...at the very least he should own up to it and admit he was talking out his ass

Last edited by dino7c; 10-21-2021 at 01:07 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:04 PM   #550
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

To me it's absolutely crazy to try to quantify charitable contributions like it's a ranked competition or something. It's such a strange topic to even take up so much energy on this board. None of my business. I'm a fan not a pocketwatcher.
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saillias For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2021, 11:25 AM   #551
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Add Washington to the list of plausible Gaudreau suitors.

They’d love a premiere table-setter for Ovie as he goes for the goals record.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:28 AM   #552
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Johnny will ink an 8 year deal at Christmas time
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moneyhands23 For This Useful Post: