Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 08:08 AM   #5661
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Well, there goes my Presidential bid...I'm a cat guy. That is a really good ad, though.
Cat people's votes shouldn't count anyway.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 08:12 AM   #5662
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Well, there goes my Presidential bid...I'm a cat guy. That is a really good ad, though.

Cat, dog, parrot, turtle, house plant, absolutely anything would be so much better than a guy with no single concern for any other living thing than himself. No FDOTUS is concerning.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:24 AM   #5663
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

It's kind of ironic that showing a pet even the slightest amount of love will result in them giving you unconditional love.

Unconditional love is EXACTLY what Trump craves, but can't get it because he cannot show even a puppy the slightest amount of affection.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 08:46 AM   #5664
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

All that Trump is missing in that video is a machete and a bottle of tiger blood.

Last edited by Tron_fdc; 10-06-2020 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:48 AM   #5665
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
It's kind of ironic that showing a pet even the slightest amount of love will result in them giving you unconditional love.

Unconditional love is EXACTLY what Trump craves, but can't get it because he cannot show even a puppy the slightest amount of affection.
lol, that's so not true. Dogs bite their owners all the time. This article estimates 15% of owners have been bitten by their own dog. There are almost a million dog bites every year in the USA.

Plus I've had a few cats - every single one of them has been a dud and certainly didn't love me. Well, one may have, but we were forced to give him up when he became too much of a handful.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:53 AM   #5666
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
lol, that's so not true. Dogs bite their owners all the time. This article estimates 15% of owners have been bitten by their own dog. There are almost a million dog bites every year in the USA.

Plus I've had a few cats - every single one of them has been a dud and certainly didn't love me. Well, one may have, but we were forced to give him up when he became too much of a handful.
No one forces you to give up pets, you just couldn't hack it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 08:54 AM   #5667
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's entirely possible that those who have been bit by their dog deserved it.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:54 AM   #5668
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

It would make sense to have the American politics thread where we discuss the presidential equivalent of a troll to get sidetracked by an argument with the “let’s ban all dogs” guy. Sure why not nothing matters anymore anyway.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:01 AM   #5669
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
No one forces you to give up pets, you just couldn't hack it.
Of course. No such thing as a bad animal, right? May sound crazy, but it is possible that I've just had bad luck with crappy cats. I even tried again just four years ago with another cat. He promptly took a shat on my pillow and bit my kid. I bought him a little sweater to put him in to try to make him look cuter, but even that didn't work. Like I say, a dud.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:01 AM   #5670
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Plus he always had willknots on his butt. So gross.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #5671
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Not to be a jerk to you, but remember when you said you didn't wish death on him and wanted him to pull through so he could face ''justice'' and be embarrassed/humiliated at the polls?

Exhibit A why him being 6 feet under is a much better alternative to him pulling through, regardless of what legal fate lies ahead of him. He had a close brush with death and has proven once again he doesn't take it seriously. Here he is spreading more irresponsible information that WILL result in deaths. Never before have I wished this virus to take someone as much as I do right now.

Shame on f'ing twitter for allowing this crap. Like seriously, they have the power to quell some of the violence that will likely happen next month. But nope, they leave tweets like this one up and silence other users for things that are much less (including retweeting some of Trumps exact tweets).
yup... you knew would go one of two ways - Trump dies or he comes out of it and is soon dismissing Covid as a nothingburger and no worse than the flu...

Trump was never going to have an epiphany like Johnson did; he's too much of a narcissist and megalomaniac to admit he was wrong...about pretty much anything much less the defining issue of the election

Didn't wish him death, but i certainly didn't wish him nor wanted him to have a 'speedy recovery'... he deserved to suffer in isolation and under mortal peril like the thousands and thousands that he put in that situation because of his incompetence and hubris
Old 10-06-2020, 09:10 AM   #5672
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
lol, that's so not true. Dogs bite their owners all the time. This article estimates 15% of owners have been bitten by their own dog don't show their dogs any love. There are almost a million dog bites every year in the USA.
There, fixed that for ya.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:12 AM   #5673
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

Come on guys, let's not go there.. I enjoy reading this thread and Sliver's schtick in a presidential thread is a little misplaced.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:16 AM   #5674
Iowa_Flames_Fan
Referee

Exp:

New Monmouth poll this morning has Biden up 11 in Pennsylvania which gives a little more credence to the CNN poll showing Biden up 16 nationally which otherwise looks like a bit of an outlier.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_pa_100620/

Since the debate you have to look pretty hard to find good news for the President, but there is one Suffolk poll of Florida that has the race tied 45-45 in that state:
https://www.suffolk.edu/-/media/suff...C2A750177E88D5

That is NOT consistent with a double digit lead nationally, but overall I think a picture is emerging of a bit of widening in the race since the debate. I kind of doubt Trump’s antics since coming down with Covid are helping him any.

Latest polls on 538:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ident-general/

I apologize about being lazy about these—I’ll try to post more updates, the problem is that from a polling standpoint (to me at least) the race has been a little... boring. Until the last week or so it seemed like the most stable presidential race in recent memory, which is consistent with the view that this cake has been baked for a while and it is a matter of turning out votes in the right places for Biden at this point.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iowa_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:21 AM   #5675
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
Come on guys, let's not go there.. I enjoy reading this thread and Sliver's schtick in a presidential thread is a little misplaced.
Well, I mean...you could almost guarantee that as soon as we started talking about the Presidential Pups, that, much like Springs1, he'd be summoned.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:22 AM   #5676
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Flames_Fan View Post
New Monmouth poll this morning has Biden up 11 in Pennsylvania which gives a little more credence to the CNN poll showing Biden up 16 nationally which otherwise looks like a bit of an outlier.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_pa_100620/

Since the debate you have to look pretty hard to find good news for the President, but there is one Suffolk poll of Florida that has the race tied 45-45 in that state:
https://www.suffolk.edu/-/media/suff...C2A750177E88D5

That is NOT consistent with a double digit lead nationally, but overall I think a picture is emerging of a bit of widening in the race since the debate. I kind of doubt Trump’s antics since coming down with Covid are helping him any.

Latest polls on 538:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ident-general/

I apologize about being lazy about these—I’ll try to post more updates, the problem is that from a polling standpoint (to me at least) the race has been a little... boring. Until the last week or so it seemed like the most stable presidential race in recent memory, which is consistent with the view that this cake has been baked for a while and it is a matter of turning out votes in the right places for Biden at this point.
Hillary (and Comey) aren't walking through that door. Biden is boring and not all that polarizing. Steadiest race since 1996 for me, it's been very consistent since the church photo-op. Any bumps for Trump have been MOE noise and nothing more. People are just sick of the circus.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:32 AM   #5677
Iowa_Flames_Fan
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Hillary (and Comey) aren't walking through that door. Biden is boring and not all that polarizing. Steadiest race since 1996 for me, it's been very consistent since the church photo-op. Any bumps for Trump have been MOE noise and nothing more. People are just sick of the circus.
Agreed. I have a hard time believing any likely voter didn’t make their mind up a year ago. Add to that some early signs that turnout is up over 2016 and you have the signs of a blowout.

We should keep in mind that Clinton led by around 5.5-6% at this point (going by memory) and the race tightened substantially to around 3% on the margin by Election Day so there is still a little bit of time—but Trump has not shown any signs of pivoting toward running as an incumbent or any understanding of how that is different from running as a novel outsider. And nearly 4 million people have already voted.

One reason the Pennsylvania result is so devastating is the electoral math: if Trump loses Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin (and there is good reason to think all three will fall in the same general direction) then he has no path to victory. He can win Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Georgia, Iowa and Ohio and lose the election.

There is a reason the GOP is mobilizing for legal challenges in Pennsylvania: they know it’s a must win state. But Trump has to keep it close for those challenges to have a hope.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iowa_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:38 AM   #5678
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suppose that's really the thing to watch now, what is the point where cheating becomes unpalatable even for the GOP? Because there will be a point they throw Trump to the wolves and not try and let him stay regardless. They've got what they really wanted anyway which is the SC and the lower courts packed.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:44 AM   #5679
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

There is no point where cheating becomes unpalatable for republicans. None. They will support trump until the absolute bitter end and when he’s gone they will within .5 seconds say “I never liked him, I never supported him, I never liked his policies regardless of the video proof of me saying I love him and want him to be my daddy”

And their base will say “cool, cool. Let’s vote for our guy again!”
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:45 AM   #5680
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

One warning about polls right now - when one side is going through a particular bad spell, their supporters are less likely to respond to polls.

That said - its been about 4 years of bad spells so who knows how much impact that would have.
Closed Thread