Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #81
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
It sounds different than it is now.

If you use it in 13 it sounds like your shot or pass will be less accurate the worse a player is, so only top level talent will be able to do either well when using the boost. It also sounds like players will have less control cutting to the net when using boost.
I want to be a power forward with high speed and terrible balance so I can cut to the net and do human goalie bowling.

I want to be the Mighty Ducks Mendoza in NHL 13.

Some other features that we want.

In be a Pro and GM you should be able to unlock Gordon Bombay as a head coach and also be able to unlock the different players as you go along.

You should also be allowed to unlock team iceland and be able to replace the Oilers with them.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #82
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Please add the option to re-map my buttons! As a classic control player, it's incredibly frustrating not being able to hustle.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #83
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
Please add the option to re-map my buttons! As a classic control player, it's incredibly frustrating not being able to hustle.
Oh man, expand your horizons and use default. Once you get used to it you will like it so much more.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #84
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh man, expand your horizons and use default. Once you get used to it you will like it so much more.
No expansion necessary. I can dominate anybody with classic controls, even without hustle.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #85
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:

If you use it in 13 it sounds like your shot or pass will be less accurate the worse a player is, so only top level talent will be able to do either well when using the boost. It also sounds like players will have less control cutting to the net when using boost.

Also I believe in 12 you can't use the "hustle" L3 button when you have the puck, I thought you could push the puck ahead of you and that was it. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.
Ah yes, you're right. I forgot you have to push the puck ahead to get a burst of speed going when you're attacking.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #86
Diverce
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Also I believe in 12 you can't use the "hustle" L3 button when you have the puck, I thought you could push the puck ahead of you and that was it. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.
Na, you can hustle with the puck. Your player just takes longer, smoother strides. The push puck is more of a quick step. I use the push puck to get the quick step and then hustle to distance myself. Hustle with the puck though isn't as fast as without the puck.

I do like what they are doing with 13 by the sounds of it though.

But, like most EA games I have to reserve judgement till I play it
Diverce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diverce For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #87
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

So excited for this year's game. When NHL 12 came out and I played it a bit, I knew it was a prototype for 13. You could just tell. NHL 12 was pretty choppy and buggy.

I like the idea about customizing the Home screen with your favourite team. I wonder what this will add? Just the colour and pictures of Flames players or will there be something more?

Either way, I'll buy it. I've bought it every year for 13 years now and so far this one looks like the best.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #88
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is NHL 13 going to be in 3D on the PS3?
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #89
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I want to be a power forward with high speed and terrible balance so I can cut to the net and do human goalie bowling.

I want to be the Mighty Ducks Mendoza in NHL 13.

Some other features that we want.

In be a Pro and GM you should be able to unlock Gordon Bombay as a head coach and also be able to unlock the different players as you go along.

You should also be allowed to unlock team iceland and be able to replace the Oilers with them.
Would yo unlock Bombay by getting wasted and then getting pinched driving through downtown Minneapolis?
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to valo403 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #90
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Think of it as community service.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #91
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I chucked 10 bucks down on the collectors edition for PS3. I wish they were doing an updated NHL '94 style game pack-in like they did with Madden's big anniversary a few years ago.

...man, they should just really make an XBLA/PSN version of NHL '94 updated for HD displays w/ online play and current teams/rosters.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #92
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
I chucked 10 bucks down on the collectors edition for PS3. I wish they were doing an updated NHL '94 style game pack-in like they did with Madden's big anniversary a few years ago.

...man, they should just really make an XBLA/PSN version of NHL '94 updated for HD displays w/ online play and current teams/rosters.
Make it 95 and I'm on board.
burnin_vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burnin_vernon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #93
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

I ask for this every FARKING year...the ability for rosters to update within GM Mode without having to start a new one.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #94
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Flames Fan View Post
I ask for this every FARKING year...the ability for rosters to update within GM Mode without having to start a new one.
I must be misunderstanding, because that doesn't make any sense. What you are asking is for the team you have worked to build up over 2 seasons through trades and FA signings to be overwritten with real rosters?
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #95
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
I must be misunderstanding, because that doesn't make any sense. What you are asking is for the team you have worked to build up over 2 seasons through trades and FA signings to be overwritten with real rosters?
I think the ability to have living rosters IE MLB 2k12 that way we dont need to restart the BeAGM mode once the official rosters come out.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #96
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
I think the ability to have living rosters IE MLB 2k12 that way we dont need to restart the BeAGM mode once the official rosters come out.
How does that work? If I trade for Iginla and then he gets traded to Philly in real life, do I lose him? What if I trade for a 4th liner that ends up being a throw in player for a real-life deal?
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #97
Lt.Spears
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Doesnt even make sense? So you are in BaGM and trade Iginla for 2 1sts, the roster comes out and you get Iginla somehow again?

Sucks yes, but once you start a game, its no updates, im fine with that.
Lt.Spears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #98
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Community Day webcast about to start in a half hour. Some info and a new trailer will be featured in it.

http://www.easports.com/nhl/promo/nhl-webcast
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #99
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn you work for blocking video game websites.

There is a juicy "thanks" coming your way if anyone posts on here what EA talked about after they watch it.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #100
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Spears View Post
Doesnt even make sense? So you are in BaGM and trade Iginla for 2 1sts, the roster comes out and you get Iginla somehow again?

Sucks yes, but once you start a game, its no updates, im fine with that.
It's not really BEAGM mode but what he wants is pretty much another game mode that is more of a "Live Season" then a BEaGM.

You can play through the season as your team and the roster will be the same as it is in real life. Allows for you to play as the real team that is on the ice.

I actually would like this game mode too. I always tend to have a couple GM mode saves. One where I try to replicate what the actual Flames roster looks like, and then another one that I treat more as a fantasy team of what I wish the Flames were.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:

Tags
ea sports , nhl 13 , video game