Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default CIHI/Health Canada Needs your help!

Hi CP,

I work for the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI), and we're supporting a partnership between Health Canada and the Provinces and Territories to focus on Mental Health and Addictions, and Home and Continuing Care, as key Shared Health Priorities for the government, and where federal funding will be provided to the Provinces and Territories in response to increased demands.

In August 2017, all provinces and territories agreed to a Common Statement of Principles on Shared Health Priorities, which outlines common priorities for action in home and community care, and in mental health and addiction services.

Our role in CIHI is to develop a focused set of common indicators in home care and mental health that will be used to assess the progress made on the shared priorities, and present them at a level where the general public will have access to them and able to understand them.

As part of developing this list of indicators, we're actively seeking feedback from the general public regarding:

1. Access to mental health and addictions services
2. Access to home health care and community health care programs
3. How the indicators measuring access to these areas should be presented

Nanos research has created an 8 minute survey to poll Canadians for their feedback on these priorities. If you would like to help, please click on the survey link below:

https://surveys.nanosresearch.com/in...168661?lang=en

Please note that the survey will close on February 22, 2018

For more information on the Shared Health Priorities, please see the links below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...riorities.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...riorities.html

Please widely share the link to the survey. This process is really important as the more we engage with the public, the more we can do to reduce the gap that happens between us at the policy level (thinking we know what Canadians want to know) and the general public (What Canadians really want to know and see).

Thank you for your participation

Sincerely,

LChoy
Old 02-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sorry but I think that survey fails miserably if the aim is to engage the wide range of public persons. If you want engagement then keep it simple. Make it easy for people to engage.
eg
Quote:
How should indicators measuring access to mental health and addictions services, as well as home health care and community health care programs be presented to Canadians?
I just feel that the average person of the target population that might be most needing of the services or have the most feedback to give might struggle to comprehend what that means.

I don't mean this as a personal attack, and the reason I'm replying publicly as opposed to pm is to hear others thoughts and critiques. I could be way off. Particularly interested to hear what Womble has to say as he works with some of the target audience.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2018, 12:12 PM   #3
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks for the feedback Bagor

Full disclosure, I have nothing to do with the project or the communications of it. We just got an all staff e-mail to encourage us to share it widely

I agree as well with your points. Presumably it's the Nanos people that wrote the survey (based on the content requirements provided by us and the Feds), and they are also the ones conducting in person focus groups across the country. Hopefully this reaches out to those in the public that can best give meaningful feedback
Thanks for looking at this

LChoy