Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #21
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
You know what the players of the league think of this ? You assume all of them are in favour ? I doubt it.
Reading I don't know what the players think is, coming from the guy who presumes to say what is/isn't fair to a group he knows exactly as much about as I do is pretty rich!

I didn't make any statements about what the players think, or how many are in favor, I just pointed out the fact that, as expected, people with no information, connection, or interest in this league are making statements about what is/isn't fair to it's members.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #22
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Maybe in the beer leagues, I get walked around by female players all the time in my league lol. You don't know one female hockey player that can compete with the best male hockey players though.

As a one off in a team sport its a good story...

Open up say track and field and you have only biological males in the Olympics

Its not discriminatory its reality
Even the Williams sisters would be ranked in the 200's when pitted against all players. They legit got beat by college men players. But you will never hear the SJW's bring that up.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #23
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

The Canadian Women's Olympic Team in 15 games is 8-4-3 in games against AAA Midget boys aged 15-17, where no boys' team is stacked, where the women's team is the creme of the crop.

From talking to the parents who watch, the women are highly skilled and exciting to watch, but the boys tend to out-muscle them.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #24
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey-and_stuff View Post
Yeah it sure sucks that medicine has advanced enough that these people suffering from gender dysphoria can get treatment in the form of surgery and hormone therapy.

What about this particular mental health disorder is so "sick" to you? Their treatment and life choices affect you in no way whatsoever. Live and let live.
The sick part comes in when people are recommending hormone therapy to 5 year olds. The sick part comes in when I can have my child taken away unless I foster what the government deems a "safe" environment for my child if he decides he wants to wear a dress one day. Sick is having people getting criminally charged for not agreeing with a pseudo science.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #25
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

The best womens hockey team in the world plays local AAA boys teams and its usually an even match. With all contact removed.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #26
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane_Flame View Post
I think it is ridiculous. Everybody nowadays wants to have their cake and eat it too. It is sick how society and mainstream media are enabling a mental disorder called gender dysphoria. I don't give a flying #### if this is not PC enough. I believe in science not feelings.
Yeah, we should just go back to the good old days when instead of trying to help people we just ignore them while they kill themselves.

Now before you go off about me putting words in your mouth about how you never said we should let them kill themselves, think about what you said and the actual real word consequences of what was/is happening.

The fact is that is a group that did/has some of the highest rates of suicide. So by saying you think it's sick that society has decided to try to help these people, you are implicitly saying it's preferable to let them kill themselves.

No go ahead and get angry that I put words in your mouth despite the fact that objectively speaking, what you are so against, is the best way to keep these people from being harmed by themselves or others.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #27
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
The best womens hockey team in the world plays local AAA boys teams and its usually an even match. With all contact removed.
You don't say!
Old 01-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #28
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjesse View Post
The Canadian Women's Olympic Team in 15 games is 8-4-3 in games against AAA Midget boys aged 15-17.

From talking to the parents who watch, the women are highly skilled and exciting to watch, but the boys tend to out-muscle them.
These games are played with no contact. Put full contact in the games and the women wouldn't win one game. You're taking away a major component of the game when you force the male teams to not play full contact. They would be blow outs.

As well shouldn't this thread be in the other sports forum? Is it necessary to be in the the NHL forum?

Last edited by soulchoice; 01-11-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #29
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
Reading I don't know what the players think is, coming from the guy who presumes to say what is/isn't fair to a group he knows exactly as much about as I do is pretty rich!

I didn't make any statements about what the players think, or how many are in favor, I just pointed out the fact that, as expected, people with no information, connection, or interest in this league are making statements about what is/isn't fair to it's members.
You are looking at it socially. I am looking at it in regards to competition. A male is generally going to be born stronger/faster/etc than a female. This isn't fair to the biological women regardless of how they feel about it.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #30
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The sick part comes in when people are recommending hormone therapy to 5 year olds. The sick part comes in when I can have my child taken away unless I foster what the government deems a "safe" environment for my child if he decides he wants to wear a dress one day. Sick is having people getting criminally charged for not agreeing with a pseudo science.
I can concede that recommending hormone therapy for a child is not sound medicine. I think we both agree that five years old is is not the age gender dysphoria should be diagnosed OR treated.

I don't really agree with the idea that if you were to refuse such treatment at a young age that you would have your child remanded to the state. As long as you were caring for your child I don't really see this happening, dysphoria or not.

I won't state outright that science has all the answers about the health of the human brain but the work has been done on gender dysphoria and it is a real thing.

It feels like you're taking the worst case scenario and applying it as the norm for all situations. I can promise that is not the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey-and_stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 11:51 AM   #31
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe in the beer leagues, I get walked around by female players all the time in my league lol. You don't know one female hockey player that can compete with the best male hockey players though.

As a one off in a team sport its a good story...

Open up say track and field and you have only biological males in the Olympics

Its not discriminatory its reality
If we're going to have gender segregated competitive sports where money, fame, education, etc is at stake, then there has to be rules on what constitutes a female. If that's not acceptable, then there is really no reason to continue with competitive female sports, and just make all genders compete together. That would be a huge disservice to girls and women, IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #32
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Even the Williams sisters would be ranked in the 200's when pitted against all players. They legit got beat by college men players. But you will never hear the SJW's bring that up.
Can we please stop using this term? It's insufferable.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #33
DJones
First Line Centre

Exp:

There's no contact and she probably isn't any good so who cares.

No money to be made and not a big chance of injury. Completely different than that MMA fighter. That was just sick imo
Old 01-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #34
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ridiculous. This player is transitioning. The article also mentions players who only identify with being female.

Nothing stopping someone the size of Hunter Smith from claiming a spot.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #35
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Reminds me of Michelle Dumaresq.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Dumaresq

It's absolutely a competitive advantage in most sports. I don't know the right answer.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #36
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well we're talking about the CWHL which is probably the only thing they wanted by allowing her to play. Most hockey fans don't give a crap about this league so anything to raise it's profile is positive in their eyes I assume.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 11:54 AM   #37
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
Yeah, we should just go back to the good old days when instead of trying to help people we just ignore them while they kill themselves.

Now before you go off about me putting words in your mouth about how you never said we should let them kill themselves, think about what you said and the actual real word consequences of what was/is happening.

The fact is that is a group that did/has some of the highest rates of suicide. So by saying you think it's sick that society has decided to try to help these people, you are implicitly saying it's preferable to let them kill themselves.

No go ahead and get angry that I put words in your mouth despite the fact that objectively speaking, what you are so against, is the best way to keep these people from being harmed by themselves or others.
Not only are you putting words in my mouth you are attempting to tell me what I will say next. Good way to have an open discourse. NOT.

Fact is, suicide rates remain the same for transgender people before and after their surgeries. Fact is, there is no scientific evidence that having these surgeries increases their quality of life. Explain to me why suicide rates remain the same? To clarify, I actually have no problem if a particular person wants to chop their wang off or vice versa. I just have a problem when I am forced to abide by an ideology and use speech that I do not agree with. That is fascism. By all means, do what you think will make you happy. Just don't expect me to pay for it or believe in it. THIS IS WHY THIS IS A "FREE" COUNTRY.
Apparently.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #38
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
That is your opinion. You are welcome to it.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #39
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I prefer the term keyboard internet warrior
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 11:57 AM   #40
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
You are looking at it socially. I am looking at it in regards to competition. A male is generally going to be born stronger/faster/etc than a female. This isn't fair to the biological women regardless of how they feel about it.
There probably aren't a lot of 6'3" 220 lb transgender women chomping at the bit to tear up the CWHL.

Do you honestly think the woman who joined this league is a "typical" male?
She's 5'8" 155 lbs, pretty middle of the pack for that team.
1 pt in 16 games and a team average +/-
Yup definitely unfair.
Closed Thread