Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2018, 08:56 PM   #1941
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pot insider says dispensaries are 'dreaming' if they think they'll be part of legalization framework
Quote:
I want to give kudos to Mayor Tory who spoke out vigorously against the illegal dispensaries that are out there right now. The one question everyone needs to ask is, where are these people getting their supply? We have 50 licensed producers or marijuana in this country right now.

MG: So where are they getting their supply?

OK: I don't want to open myself up to defamation. But they're not getting them from the licensed producers because none of them would risk their licence by providing supply illegally.

MG: The assumption from many of the illegal dispensaries is that they're going to be part of the new regime.

OK: I think they are dreaming in technicolour. There is no way the province of Ontario or any other province is going to give a retail distribution licence to any entity that's involved in criminal activity.
This article is about Ontario. But it holds true elsewhere.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2018, 10:14 PM   #1942
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundo View Post
Green Leaf Society. Address is 3916 64th AVE SE.

Right now just flower and concentrates/shatter with a couple oils. Eatables should be coming soon from what they told me. Small place but they have about 18 or so strains to choose from. Was there about a week ago and bought a few different strains and so far I really like what I got.
probably better if you don't post this in a public forum, get them shut down quicker
Old 02-07-2018, 10:28 PM   #1943
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
But you can't say that with any certainty. The dispensaries in B.C. already have bought business licences from the municipalities and they pay GST to the feds. All they have to do is get their stock from the the licensed growers once legalization occurs. Some of them probably already do.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zevo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2018, 10:37 AM   #1944
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
It's not. Gotta take some balls to invest into a store space and product, advertise you are committing a crime, and hope the cops don't show up on the basis that what you are doing will probably be kinda legal later.
I think they are operating based on the reactions elsewhere. Like Regina and Vancouver.

I know the ones in Regina are now being shut down but for the last year or so there have been a couple of dispensaries operating quite openly selling to anyone who wants weed with absolutely no issues from police or anyone else and no requirements for needing a card or anything else.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #1945
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aren't you risking the city not giving you a license when weed does finally become legal? Why risk the 6months head start?
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #1946
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
probably better if you don't post this in a public forum, get them shut down quicker
I'm sure its too late, seen by too many people on here and they will go the way of the one in Banff that got shut down as soon as it hit mainstream media or a large forum. I guarantee someone has called in already from here. Word to the wise if anyone goes to a place like this CASH ONLY if they get busted you don't want to be on the paper trail with debit or CC purchases. With that being said I hope they last until the weekend I need to check it out.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #1947
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
I would hazard a guess that CPS are more than likely aware of it already, and aren't particularly motivated to commit resources to closing such businesses.

Quote:
OK: I think they are dreaming in technicolour. There is no way the province of Ontario or any other province is going to give a retail distribution licence to any entity that's involved in criminal activity.
This really hammers home, to me, the tone-deaf approach of the Ontario government throughout the whole cannabis legalization adventure we've been reading about: why wouldn't you license them?

In order to get a license, surely there is legislation they'd be required to abide by to maintain said license. You're effectively taking an entity involved in "criminal activity" and forcing them to play by the rules in exchange for legitimacy... and best of all, they're willing to do so. If only all criminal elements were so willing to be brought in line with the law.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #1948
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
. Word to the wise if anyone goes to a place like this CASH ONLY if they get busted you don't want to be on the paper trail with debit or CC purchases. With that being said I hope they last until the weekend I need to check it out.
I have a buddy that's a member of one place downtown. They took a photocopy of his driver's license as proof of his "membership". Not something I would have done.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:01 PM   #1949
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanGuy View Post
I have a buddy that's a member of one place downtown. They took a photocopy of his driver's license as proof of his "membership". Not something I would have done.
some of the online dispensaries ask for picture of ID sent in, too. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me
Old 02-09-2018, 07:21 PM   #1950
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Terry would never ask to see ID.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #1951
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Terry would never ask to see ID.
Terry could get you a fake ID if you needed one.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:35 PM   #1952
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanGuy View Post

What are they going to do? Having a copy of your ID is not proof of anything. There is absolutely no proof that you purchased anything as all dispensaries operate on a cash only basis. It's more likely the police are watching Terry if he has been operating for any length of time.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #1953
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
Terry could get you a fake ID if you needed one.
You guys act like Terry is sitting at a farmer's market table marked "BLACK MARKET". Most of the time if Terry isn't growing himself he's just a guy who knows a guy who has weed. Not exactly the guy who would also have access to high quality forgeries. It's usually just a guy who would rather not work.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:35 AM   #1954
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every time I read "Terry" I keep thinking of that 4th of July fireworks video of that Terry dude in the wheelchair that went viral last summer. The quotes in that vid are actually good advice of how Terry should proceed with his business, with legalization looming; "Back up, Ter...back up...PUT IT IN REVERSE, TER!!"

Last edited by Sainters7; 02-10-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #1955
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Every time I read "Terry" I keep thinking of that 4th of July fireworks video of that Terry dude in the wheelchair that went viral last summer. The quotes in that vid are actually good advice of how Terry should proceed with his business, with legalization looming; "Back up, Ter...back up...PUT IT IN REVERSE, TER!!"
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to puckedoff For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2018, 09:18 PM   #1956
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the Senate deal today legalization delayed until August or more likely September.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:32 AM   #1957
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tories need to stop dragging their feet.
Ì
Its a very popular bill that is loooonnggg over due.
combustiblefuel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:38 AM   #1958
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
With the Senate deal today legalization delayed until August or more likely September.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2018, 07:22 AM   #1959
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/firs...-tax-1.4564121

A leading voice on First Nations finances wants the federal government to surrender taxation powers over cannabis to band councils, arguing Indigenous peoples should get a cut of the billions of dollars in revenue expected from legalization.

Manny Jules, chief commissioner of the First Nations Tax Commission, is urging senators to amend Bill C-45, the government's pot bill, to hand taxing authority to First Nations governments so they can impose their own levy on cannabis manufactured and sold on reserves.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #1960
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/firs...-tax-1.4564121

A leading voice on First Nations finances wants the federal government to surrender taxation powers over cannabis to band councils, arguing Indigenous peoples should get a cut of the billions of dollars in revenue expected from legalization.

Manny Jules, chief commissioner of the First Nations Tax Commission, is urging senators to amend Bill C-45, the government's pot bill, to hand taxing authority to First Nations governments so they can impose their own levy on cannabis manufactured and sold on reserves.
I find the headline misleading. They want to tax stuff grown on THEIR land. Call it a tax or a royalty, I don't see the problem here, unless I'm missing something.

Tags
better than crack , bureaucracy , duuuuuude , funions , gateway , high drivers