Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-15-2020, 05:22 PM   #81
GS Skier
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I think the injuries on the blueline, this close to the deadline, were a little wake up call and that maybe trading "from a position of depth" on the back end was a bit optimistic. Don't forget technically were down 3 starters if Valimaki had progressed the way he was looking like he would.

Calgary has forward depth as well and of course many toss Bennett and Jankowski's names out there but I wouldn't be shocked if one, just one, of either Dube or Mangiapane are involved. Both are excellent up and coming young players and like Ferland at the time, you have to give something to get something.

Myself I hope they can pick up a bona fide R Shot, RW who can either fly and score or can shot it hard as long as 25 goals a year is in the range.
GS Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:40 AM   #82
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Before we make any trades how about we hire a coach that can give this team a system that can succeed. I would love to see a headline stating Laviolette was on board to turn this team around.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:00 AM   #83
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

If they are picking anybody up its going to have to be a D-man. Flames have 2 number 7 d-men playing regular shifts. They also have Kylington who as of right now can't be in the top 4. My gut tells me that Harmonic is out passed the deadline, and Gio is out a lot longer than they are letting on.

They need a top 4 dman , but i don't think Flames can afford the price to acquire one.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:13 AM   #84
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ and if that's the true status for Gio and Hamonic, we should be selling instead.
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:16 AM   #85
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Last week Tre said they would wait a week and see where they were re: Gio. Actually its been about 10 days now. No updates and Gio isn't even skating yet.

The only thing that gives me hope there is that if it was truly dire they could put him on LTIR and have another $6M + to shop with
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:21 AM   #86
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll predict a waiver fodder for waiver fodder trade first

Czarnik for a defenseman?
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:26 AM   #87
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Last week Tre said they would wait a week and see where they were re: Gio. Actually its been about 10 days now. No updates and Gio isn't even skating yet.

The only thing that gives me hope there is that if it was truly dire they could put him on LTIR and have another $6M + to shop with
Lol, ya, it's pretty obvious what was happening with Gio.

Pretty sure prices all went up on Treliving and deals that were there to be made with the Flames dried up or doubled in price when Harmonic went down.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:18 PM   #88
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post

He has a torn hamstring. Staying off it for 2 or 3 weeks is expected.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote