Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
calgaryrocks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Question CD help! oh wise masses of CP

I recently bought a cd (music) and its a great cd, but there is a problem. The CD works great in CD players, but I noticed a problem when I ripped it to my computer. The separation between the songs is not good. I would guess that all of edition of the CD have the same problem, so returning it probably wouldn't solve the problem.

basically the last 30 or so seconds of most of the songs are cut off and continue onto the next song. then the song ends and a few seconds later another song starts. I have no idea how to fix it. It's no problem when listening to the songs in order, but putting it onto my mp3 players and listening on shuffle means I hear songs off the cd in portions, which is annoying.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced this and how I could fix the songs? is there a program out there that allows you to cut mp3 files and paste parts of them together?

thanks!

Calgaryrocks
Old 01-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally, l haven't bought a CD in years, and would just download the torrent of the entire album. My suggestion to you is to keep the real cd for cd players, and just download the torrent for the songs you want on your computer.

It may be that your CD has a copy protection on it. I tried to rip a CD once and it kept saying every 30 seconds the name of the artist and record label in some computerized voice...I wouldn't be surprised if your's has some sort of security feature, particularly with newer albums.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Are the tracked blended/mixed together? If so, the computer might have trouble finding the beginning/end of the song when ripping.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:45 PM   #4
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

What program are you using to rip, and what cd is it?
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:28 AM   #5
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Probably the industry preventing you from using your purchased music in ways that are perfectly within your rights but that they disapprove of.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Probably the industry preventing you from using your purchased music in ways that are perfectly within your rights but that they disapprove of.

.....Ha! Ha!,,,,and inadvertantly ecouraging consumers to stay home and get it for free in a matter of seconds!! And bonus!, already commpressed and ready to go! No muss No fuss.
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Methanolic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
calgaryrocks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
What program are you using to rip, and what cd is it?
this^ was the answer, I thought too that it might be trying to limit the use or something, but no.
thanks everybody, i figured it out, although i am still slightly confused.
So the program(Zune) i was using to rip the cd (Relient K - forget and not slow down) wasn't working right. it worked well for every other cd I have ripped using it, but it put in about 10 seconds of some wierd voice at the beginning which pushed all of the songs off by 10 or so seconds, hence the problem. I am not sure why it did it, but I ripped the CD again using Itunes this time, and problem solved. It worked great in Itunes, so I just had to wipe out the original songs in the zune folder, and replace them with the ones in the itunes folder.
basically microsoft failed and got beaten by apple again. I use a zune as my mp3, so that is why i use the software

Tags
mp3 , music , relient k