Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2022, 06:35 PM   #1
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:
Default Website Design/Construction

I've had a website for the last few years that I operate for a home-based business that I built myself using a drag and drop editor. I'm no longer happy with the website or the builder and want to redo my website from the ground up. I know a bit about website design but time is an issue. I don't want to spend a ton of time doing this.

I've looked into stuff like Wix and Webflow, which are other builders but I'm not sure if any of them are right for me. My website now is quite large (it has over 400 pages of content) that I would need to move over.

I was wondering if someone could recommend a different builder or has any experience in this area? Alternatively, I'm not opposed to hiring someone/a company to do this for me. Does anyone know of any local places that they recommend for website design, etc.?

Thanks!
b1crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 06:43 PM   #2
FlameyMcFlameFace
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I would look into Wordpress. Wordpress is better content management system than say Wix, etc in terms of customizations and much cheaper than say building a website using custom code!
FlameyMcFlameFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 01:51 PM   #3
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

WordPress is also a very big umbrella. It doesn't have just 1 building environment... depending on the theme you choose, you could have tons of different builders. It's hard to say there's one definitive theme out there... I've used Divi in the past and had a good time with it, but take that with a grain of salt because whatever you choose will require many hours to learn.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 02:13 PM   #4
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

We use Webflow in the enterprise and it's pretty powerful and still easy to use. Most average people with small things, I would recommend Squarespace, etc.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 03:49 PM   #5
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

What does the current site operate on? 400 pages wouldn't be a small migration to a new one. There are tools out there to allow you to do it more easily but would depend on where you're starting from and where you want to go.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:00 PM   #6
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

400 static html files with a template in Dreamweaver? FrontPage?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: