Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2018, 08:54 AM   #1921
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
How isn’t it? It follows the model of a legal, regulated product. It’s already been widely discussed that legalisation this year isn’t going to look the same as legalisation in five years. What model are you hoping to see?
You know what, you’re right, I guess it’s a start and it hopefully will get a lot better over time. I’ll just wait and see what happens.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:08 AM   #1922
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Regina police issued a warning to all 'illegal' dispensaries that they will be shut down in the coming weeks. I think there were 6 or 7 in Regina.

Most have voluntarily shut down. Mostly because if they are busted before July the chances of getting a license would be zero. I doubt it will matter, they can apply for one of the sacred dispensary licenses but those few (60 for the entire province) are expected to go to corporate stores.

It looks like this is going to be a boom for big business and unless you want to be a Terry you are on the sidelines.

Terry hasn't got a hope of staying in business as I am pretty sure once corporations are making wads of cash they will continue to pressure authorities to shut down the Terry's of the world. Maybe not tomorrow, but in time he will be a dinosaur.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:19 AM   #1923
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If anyone can make it, Terry can. He's working on Drone delivery that could be a game changer!

aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aaronck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #1924
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

The penalties for illegal distribution will be heavy handed as it essentially amounts to tax evasion.
Or as Terry would say "That's after the government takes their part."
2Stonedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #1925
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Veterinarians seeing increase in pot ingestion by pets. And interesting commentary on prescribing medical marijuana for animals (I never thought of that angle before). Interview on the radio this morning had anectodal evidence from one vet saying lots of dogs coming in lately which she attributed to edibles and the attraction to dogs. She anticipated an increase in the number of cats she sees once growing is allowed and they inevitably begin eating those plants.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...erta-1.4522154

And BC has released their proposed regulations. I do like the part about the requirement to keep it sealed and/or inaccessible in vehicles (similar to booze) and also the part about allowing landlords to prohibit smoking or growing in units.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...quor-1.4520496

Last edited by Lubicon; 02-06-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:57 PM   #1926
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Is July 1 still the day it becomes legal? Thought I heard that was pushed back indefinitely.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:06 PM   #1927
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think any date has been decided. It has to make it through the Senate first, they had a big committee discussion today. If all goes according to their plans I'd guess some odd day like July 9th, or August first. I've heard they don't really want it associated with Canada Day, which makes sense in some ways.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:28 PM   #1928
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

^
Yeah I figured they wouldn't want it associated with Canada Day. Assumed another part is they don't want Canada Day celebrations (the daytime, family kind) colliding with "free at last!!" celebratory cannabis users. Can see some conflicts of interest there that could be problematic, on a day meant to celebrate unity.

I'd actually be surprised if it still goes through on Canada Day itself.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:35 PM   #1929
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Maybe we'll do the right thing and legalize on April 20.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2018, 09:39 PM   #1930
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
^
Yeah I figured they wouldn't want it associated with Canada Day. Assumed another part is they don't want Canada Day celebrations (the daytime, family kind) colliding with "free at last!!" celebratory cannabis users. Can see some conflicts of interest there that could be problematic, on a day meant to celebrate unity.

I'd actually be surprised if it still goes through on Canada Day itself.

I think it's more just how places are going to deal with enforcement. Not really ideal to have private or public venues trying to enforce a brand new piece of legislation on day 1 with those big crowds.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:10 AM   #1931
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

On a completely off topic note. A nice little dispensary opened up in the Foothills Industrial area. Nice selection with an expanding menu in the coming weeks. No card required.
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:12 AM   #1932
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundo View Post
On a completely off topic note. A nice little dispensary opened up in the Foothills Industrial area. Nice selection with an expanding menu in the coming weeks. No card required.
That sounds like Terry got a store front.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:33 AM   #1933
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The government is now saying that legalization will happen by sometime in July but that legalized sales probably won't occur until 8-12 weeks after then. Mainly due to the bill taking a while to get through the Senate.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:01 AM   #1934
iggyformayor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Name? Address?
iggyformayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:18 AM   #1935
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyformayor View Post
Name? Address?
Green Leaf Society. PM me for address.

Right now just flower and concentrates/shatter with a couple oils. Eatables should be coming soon from what they told me. Small place but they have about 18 or so strains to choose from. Was there about a week ago and bought a few different strains and so far I really like what I got.

Last edited by Gundo; 02-08-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gundo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #1936
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Green Leaf Society. Address is 3916 64th AVE SE.

Right now just flower and concentrates/shatter with a couple oils. Eatables should be coming soon from what they told me. Small place but they have about 18 or so strains to choose from. Was there about a week ago and bought a few different strains and so far I really like what I got.
how do their prices compare to Terry, though?
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #1937
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Green Leaf Society. Address is 3916 64th AVE SE.

How is this legal right now?
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #1938
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not. Gotta take some balls to invest into a store space and product, advertise you are committing a crime, and hope the cops don't show up on the basis that what you are doing will probably be kinda legal later.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #1939
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
How is this legal right now?
When I asked this when I first got to Van the answer was “cuz no one f***ing cares bro.”

I wanted to add one more things to the dispensary pro list. Almost every dispensary is staffed by a majority of incredibly attractive women. Sorry Terry, you’re just not as appealing anymore.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:21 PM   #1940
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

How do they even get a business license from the city?

Tags
better than crack , bureaucracy , duuuuuude , funions , gateway , high drivers