Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-24-2020, 11:37 AM   #3381
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber317 View Post
has anybody ordered from Golfballs.ca before?

Looks like you can order a variety of different condition used balls from there for a lot cheaper.
I have a few times and never had any issues.
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EverfresH15 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2020, 11:15 PM   #3382
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber317 View Post
has anybody ordered from Golfballs.ca before?

Looks like you can order a variety of different condition used balls from there for a lot cheaper.
Just made my first order for some grade A Vice pro plus, and Srixon Zstars. Arrived soon after and very pleased.

Also bought 50 Assorted Grade B Taylor Mades for the kids for like 28 bucks. Decent shape for the price
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:21 AM   #3383
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Had 35pts today in the Stableford comp. Washed one hole and it was a windy day. Pretty happy with it. Getting more confident working the ball for fades and draws.

Anyone else practice the 9 flights?
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:18 AM   #3384
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Practice? What is this practice thing you speak of? I'm lucky if I get range time before a round these days. Practice. Pfffffft!!!
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:49 AM   #3385
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

This story indicates why it is a good idea to get out and practice your game. Yeah, that is right, I am talking about practice.

https://torontosun.com/entertainment...us-aboard-boat
Old 09-27-2020, 09:16 PM   #3386
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

All that practice during the summer came through today. The only problem... I seem to hit it 10 or so yards beyond the green. I guess I thought I knew my distances for any given club but I over hit it every time today. I read that the range balls tend not to fly further than an in-game ball.

Do you guys know of any place that I could go and hit a bucket of balls so that I can map out my distances for a given club? For example, I used to hit my 7i 140 yards. But today I knew I was going further. Same thing with my 5i, 6i and 9i.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:28 PM   #3387
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Problem is, unless you're a PGA tour player there's no way to hit real balls on a range haha. With the way ball technology is going there is a huge difference between hitting a ProV1/bridgestone tour XS and a range ball.

I've been playing high end distance balls and have found success just adding 20 yards off long irons on the range and 10 yards off shorter irons. eg: 6 iron goes 180 with range balls, it's probably going closer to 200 yards with a Prov1.

Last edited by jayswin; 09-27-2020 at 09:32 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 12:35 AM   #3388
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzle View Post
All that practice during the summer came through today. The only problem... I seem to hit it 10 or so yards beyond the green. I guess I thought I knew my distances for any given club but I over hit it every time today. I read that the range balls tend not to fly further than an in-game ball.

Do you guys know of any place that I could go and hit a bucket of balls so that I can map out my distances for a given club? For example, I used to hit my 7i 140 yards. But today I knew I was going further. Same thing with my 5i, 6i and 9i.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I use the Arccos Caddie. It tracks all my shots and gives me a range for each club. When I play as well as the GPS reading, and the wind / elevation adjustment, it recommends a club.

I highly recommend it.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:11 PM   #3389
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Problem is, unless you're a PGA tour player there's no way to hit real balls on a range haha. With the way ball technology is going there is a huge difference between hitting a ProV1/bridgestone tour XS and a range ball.

I've been playing high end distance balls and have found success just adding 20 yards off long irons on the range and 10 yards off shorter irons. eg: 6 iron goes 180 with range balls, it's probably going closer to 200 yards with a Prov1.
I loathe hitting range balls. Most of them are hard as rock and well past the best before date.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:30 PM   #3390
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Tonight was our Men's League Windup in Nanton. I ended up finishing in 5th place in the season long points standings. Got hot at the right time of the season and made some serious moves up the standings in the last month. Was in 2nd place for a week and then dropped to 5th in the final weeks. Overall it's great league with some great guys to play with.

Today was also my 100th round of the summer. I keep track of my rounds on a calendar and was shocked to find that I had played that many rounds. So I decided to figure out how many kilometers I walked this summer. I took the yardage from the whites and did some math and came out with 5.2 kilometers per round. Times that by 100 and it was 502 kilos walked. Still more rounds to be played.

I'm 62 years old and both my knees and hips are in excellent shape so I feel fortunate to be able to walk all those rounds. Especially since a couple of my playing partners have had either knee or hip replacements.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:14 PM   #3391
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Tonight was our Men's League Windup in Nanton. I ended up finishing in 5th place in the season long points standings. Got hot at the right time of the season and made some serious moves up the standings in the last month. Was in 2nd place for a week and then dropped to 5th in the final weeks. Overall it's great league with some great guys to play with.

Today was also my 100th round of the summer. I keep track of my rounds on a calendar and was shocked to find that I had played that many rounds. So I decided to figure out how many kilometers I walked this summer. I took the yardage from the whites and did some math and came out with 5.2 kilometers per round. Times that by 100 and it was 502 kilos walked. Still more rounds to be played.

I'm 62 years old and both my knees and hips are in excellent shape so I feel fortunate to be able to walk all those rounds. Especially since a couple of my playing partners have had either knee or hip replacements.
That's awesome. I also think you're shorting yourself a bit on the distance you've walked. It's probably closer to a 1000kms than it is to 500kms. My buddy's GPS regularly clocks him at 10kms+ for a round of 18 holes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rutuu For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 09:02 AM   #3392
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone know if Mackenzie Meadows has cell reception? Have a tee time there tomorrow afternoon but need my phone for work.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:19 AM   #3393
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutuu View Post
That's awesome. I also think you're shorting yourself a bit on the distance you've walked. It's probably closer to a 1000kms than it is to 500kms. My buddy's GPS regularly clocks him at 10kms+ for a round of 18 holes.
Agreed, you are almost certainly underestimating it. Factor in distances from green to next tee, and all the zig zagging as you walk a hole and it adds up. For me who can't hit a straight ball there is a lot of extra walking!
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 10:00 AM   #3394
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Anyone know if Mackenzie Meadows has cell reception? Have a tee time there tomorrow afternoon but need my phone for work.
Not 100% sure, but I've been fishing just across 2x from there and had no issues with reception. I'd be surprised if it didn't.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 10:04 AM   #3395
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Not 100% sure, but I've been fishing just across 2x from there and had no issues with reception. I'd be surprised if it didn't.
I mean its right in the city so I am not too concerned but I really need reception tomorrow or else I have to bail! And I don't want to as it may be the last of the year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #3396
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone played Black Mountain in Kelowna?
Playing there this coming Saturday.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:37 AM   #3397
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Yah played there a few times. Awesome track. Probably best value in the kelowna area.

Little short though, I'd suggest playing the tips.
Old 09-30-2020, 11:42 AM   #3398
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yah played there a few times. Awesome track. Probably best value in the kelowna area.

Little short though, I'd suggest playing the tips.
Thanks, I noticed that on the scorecard too.
I'm still pretty new to the game so might just enjoy the shortness
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 12:23 PM   #3399
ryeguy252
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
played there last month, great track. Lots of elevation changes. Did the twlight rate (get as many holes in). They have a 9 and dine special as well.
ryeguy252 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ryeguy252 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 01:53 PM   #3400
GomerPile
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
It's fine, I have played there several times this year and I largely work off my phone.
GomerPile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GomerPile For This Useful Post:

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow