Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 08:34 AM   #6221
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Time for treliving to channel that wizardry and acquire another g for next to nothing then still flip Hiller at deadline for a decent pick at deadline.

Have to figure Bernier/Pavelec/Khubodin are available for cheap. As long as teams don't try to bend us over with Ramo's injury.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #6222
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What about Howard ?
Old 02-12-2016, 09:03 AM   #6223
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
What about Howard ?
Too much and Detroit probably wants him around for the playoffs. More of an off season move. Would he waive to come here? Not sure.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:07 AM   #6224
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Yeah... but it's the three that were unlikely to return much (or really anything) so at least that's something.
True, and Hudler/Russell's values are probably going up right now
Old 02-12-2016, 09:08 AM   #6225
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

I knew we saw the worst of him recently, but am I the only one who actually wants Reimer?

There's something about the dude I really like. He carried the Leafs to the playoffs, and they promptly sacked his confidence signing Bernier after a monumental collapse against Boston.

I just think there's something there if he gets out of Toronto and that pre-Bernier Reimer can be re-invigorated.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:14 AM   #6226
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
I knew we saw the worst of him recently, but am I the only one who actually wants Reimer?

There's something about the dude I really like. He carried the Leafs to the playoffs, and they promptly sacked his confidence signing Bernier after a monumental collapse against Boston.

I just think there's something there if he gets out of Toronto and that pre-Bernier Reimer can be re-invigorated.
I think his value as a starter is something of a younger Hiller or a Niemi. Which is the best we're going to do this off-season. If you look at the upcoming goalie UFAs, there's Reimer, and the next best option might actually be Ramo.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:17 AM   #6227
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post

Don't worry. There are two guarantees on July 1 and that's Stamkos in Toronto and Reimer in Calgary.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #6228
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original FFIV View Post
Too much and Detroit probably wants him around for the playoffs. More of an off season move. Would he waive to come here? Not sure.
There's only 30 starting spots in the NHL and he's had to share time with Mrazek in Detroit.

If a team is willing to acquire him at his salary and let him play, I'm sure he will jump at the opportunity.

Unless you're an undisputed number 1 on your team you go where you can play.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #6229
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
I think his value as a starter is something of a younger Hiller or a Niemi. Which is the best we're going to do this off-season. If you look at the upcoming goalie UFAs, there's Reimer, and the next best option might actually be Ramo.
Hiller and Niemi are really good comparables. And the Ramo decision is what throws a wrench in all of this for me. Would be unfortunate to have Ramo emerge as the better option on another team.

I'm all Reimer camp, but saying goodbye to Ramo for nothing will be a tough call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Don't worry. There are two guarantees on July 1 and that's Stamkos in Toronto and Reimer in Calgary.
Youppi!
Old 02-12-2016, 09:32 AM   #6230
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
There's only 30 starting spots in the NHL and he's had to share time with Mrazek in Detroit.

If a team is willing to acquire him at his salary and let him play, I'm sure he will jump at the opportunity.

Unless you're an undisputed number 1 on your team you go where you can play.
Two things I can see an issue with. He'd be leaving Detroit where he's had success for years. It would be a step back for him and by the time we are competitive he might not be in the plans.

He's also American and coming to play in Canada can be an issue for some players. He might be happier playing a lesser role in the states vs being a bigger fish in Canada. Varies by player but some Americans prefer to play at home.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:39 AM   #6231
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Probably click bait designed to get clicks from incensed Toronto fans, but Dreger says Leafs have little chance of landing Stamkos

http://www.tsn.ca/leafs-have-remote-...amkos-1.437040
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #6232
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Probably click bait designed to get clicks from incensed Toronto fans, but Dreger says Leafs have little chance of landing Stamkos

http://www.tsn.ca/leafs-have-remote-...amkos-1.437040
For once I think he is right.TO is a mess, years away from anyone taking them seriously. Other, better, teams will offer Stamkos better environments.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #6233
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Stamkos can be the finisher on little Johnny's RW
Old 02-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #6234
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original FFIV View Post
Two things I can see an issue with. He'd be leaving Detroit where he's had success for years. It would be a step back for him and by the time we are competitive he might not be in the plans.

He's also American and coming to play in Canada can be an issue for some players. He might be happier playing a lesser role in the states vs being a bigger fish in Canada. Varies by player but some Americans prefer to play at home.
Wings are not going to pay him 5+ million to be the backup for next 3 years. Not happening. They'll but him out before that if they can't trade him.

Then he has to figure out if he wants to continue playing for one of the 60 spots in the NHL.

I just think its different for goalies. Limited spots with so much competition.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:46 AM   #6235
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
What makes you sure about Reimer?
Old 02-12-2016, 09:47 AM   #6236
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watch someone out of left field like the Canucks land Stamkos this offseason lol.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:47 AM   #6237
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Stamkos can be the finisher on little Johnny's RW
I'm not really interested in paying a guy $10 million + to put up only 70 points a season.

Stamkos has fallen hard.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #6238
Husky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I'm not really interested in paying a guy $10 million + to put up only 70 points a season.

Stamkos has fallen hard.
Don't agree. The quality of linemates have fallen. Paired with gaudreau I see him getting back to 90+ points which he has done multiple times.

But for 10 million that's a different story as it'll hurt team cap.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:53 AM   #6239
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Watch someone out of left field like the Canucks land Stamkos this offseason lol.
Don't say that. That's unspeakable madness.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #6240
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've never thought about the possibility of Reimer signing with the Flames this offseason, but now it's got me all tingly inside.

The guy has a 0.926 save percentage on the Leafs for crepes sakes. He's having a career year on the the second worst team in the league. Plus he's only 27 and in his prime. I wouldn't mind the Flames signing him at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread