Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-26-2019, 05:42 PM   #3241
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
if you don't know who one of the original 151 is, the movie probably isn't for you
I mean... Mewtwo isn't just "one of the original 151", he's probably in the top ten (maybe even top 5) most recognizable Pokemon overall, ever. Definitely outside your nostalgia bubble if you don't know him.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:45 PM   #3242
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

I recognized that little yellow guy. So I think this movie probably isn’t for me.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2019, 07:25 AM   #3243
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
No way. Unlike BR, looks like Rocketman is going to be given an R rating and fully dive into the sex, drugs, and drunken debauchery of Elton John in his younger days. And clearly not Elton John singing in any of the trailer songs, so I'm guessing Ergerton has redone the vocals on all of the songs himself, which I think is incredible.
that's true and a good thing.
guess I'd prefer if it was more of an actual biopic instead of a fantasy reimaging of what it was like during that time.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:19 AM   #3244
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
that's true and a good thing.
guess I'd prefer if it was more of an actual biopic instead of a fantasy reimaging of what it was like during that time.
Ya, will be curious to see how it works out if it is a departure from the standard biopic.

It has been years since I watched, but have always regarded The Doors as one of the better music biopics of our time, but surprised now to see it doesn't have the greatest reviews or reputation. Perhaps it is a little too Oliver Stoneish for most people, and just too dark. No question Kilmer did an amazing job and the highlight of his career.
Flabbibulin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:00 PM   #3245
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Pokemom, POGs... those two made their splash in pop culture right after my time, making no impact on me whatsoever.

And that was okay.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #3246
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
What do you think the cutoff is between people who know absolutely nothing about Pokemon and those who were totally obsessed with it at on point? 34?

I don't have a clue. I do remember my younger brother having different coloured Pokemon gameboy games though.
I'm going to be 31 this year and was right in the initial Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow craze, my brother is 36 and had no interest in it what so ever.

So yeah probably some where in that 33/34 years old range.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2019, 01:28 PM   #3247
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I hit the tail end of pogs, until I ended up with all these circular things I never used again. But completely missed pokemon, movie looks great though.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:38 PM   #3248
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I am an old man and will not be happy until we get a gritty live action Snorks reboot.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #3249
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I want them to re do the Grog take over of the 90's!!

Oh man I remember this being so much better than it actually was... lol.. what was that saying about never meeting your heroes?
Old 02-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #3250
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

double post

Old 02-27-2019, 02:29 PM   #3251
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
I am an old man and will not be happy until we get a gritty live action Snorks reboot.

forget Snorks! how about a live action robotech reboot! that would be amazing!
i know there has been talk of a live action robotech movie for a number of years.

i did find this....

Quote:
2017 – Page One Script Rewrite & Sony Pictures Still Wants To Make It Happen
Tommy Yune from Harmony Gold, the original company that imported Robotech into the US, has been cited as saying Sony is doing a page one script rewrite, starting from a completely clean slate.
He also mentioned Sony Pictures is totally on board with making the Robotech live action film the best it can possibly be. They also mentioned that Sony is really beginning to grasp the massive merchandising and toy sales that could come if they were to pull this off successfully.
2018 – Where We Stand Now
There has been no official announcement regarding the release date of the film. Some online movie databases have it listed as 2019, but this still remains to be seen.
We do know that the film has changed hands numerous times, and is finally with a studio that seems committed to bringing it out. So we can only wait and hope. Check back here occasionally as I will be updating this post with more news as it comes out.

also found this
Quote:
Robotech live action film director Andy Muschietti (Stephen King's IT) and screenwriter Jason Fuchs (Wonder Woman) stopped by the Harmony Gold offices and picked up some sweet swag and discuss the production schedule for the film!
Jason Fuchs will be working on the script this year while Andy Muschietti directs the sequel to Stephen King's IT. The production team will be working with Harmony Gold and Sony Pictures to develop the Robotech live action film while IT is in production.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:17 PM   #3252
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Nope, too small to be Snorlax, my childhood is ruined.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:44 PM   #3253
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I'm going to be 31 this year and was right in the initial Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow craze, my brother is 36 and had no interest in it what so ever.

I'm 33 and I'm at an age where you wanted to try it out but kinda knew it was lame and didnt want to tell people outside of the close circle of friends about it.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:54 PM   #3254
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post

Nope, too small to be Snorlax, my childhood is ruined.
He's sitting. Could easily be 6'11".
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:50 AM   #3255
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

The way it was described to me is that Mewtwo is like the Thanos of the Pokemon universe and it's odd to blow the wad this early in what could be a lengthy cinematic run.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:33 AM   #3256
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well he's probably not a villain. He was a villain in the very first movie, but generally in this universe, pokemon are not bad guys. Canonically, he's just the 1st or 2nd strongest mon. I don't even think he'll have much of a role in this film.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:31 AM   #3257
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was also disappointed to see MewTwo show up in the trailer. Do we need to spoil everything? Anyone who knows what a MewTwo is is already seeing this movie. Anyone who doesn’t care probably isn’t going to be enticed by that, so why spoil it?

Also I’d compare MewTwo to Magneto more than Thanos. Experimented on and angry at humanity.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:37 AM   #3258
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I can say as someone who knows nothing about Pokemon but will see this movie, I had no idea what that was, I was unable to pick it out as anything special until you guys mentioned it in here and I googled what a MewTwo is..
Old 03-01-2019, 09:58 AM   #3259
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post

I thought he meant total number of people, not age.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2019, 09:58 AM   #3260
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

please guys it's Mewtwo not MewTwo