Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 07:27 PM   #4441
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Perhaps it’s more fit on the line as opposed to “good defensively”. Because there’s different aspects to good defence. Once set up in their own zone, Tkachuk is perfectly fine defensively. I’m not sure he’s the guy to make up for Monahan’s lack of speed on a backcheck (frankly I think Monahan is decent enough defensively once they are back in formation) or Gaudreau’s overall defensive game. I think they need someone with a bit more speed and maybe who plays defence more like a centre (like Lindholm).

So it’s not so much that Tkachuk isn’t a very good 2 way guy or even that he isn’t good defensively (I accept I am wrong there according to stats). I just don’t like the thought of him playing the Lindholm role. Especially from the RW.

Of course I thought Backlund could play the Lindholm role and I was way off.
Don't disagree with any of that.

Lindholm can anchor a line defensively, Tkachuk [probably] can't.
Tkachuk can anchor a line offensively, Lindholm [probably] can't.

When evaluating a 2-way forward, I think offense should be weighed a bit more heavily, hence my preference for MT.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 08:01 PM   #4442
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
True, but the last few pages have actually had some pretty good quality hockey discussions.

Not bad for the middle of the offseason.

Yeah, I don't understand when people whine about an excellent discussion that likely wouldn't have otherwise come up, in a thread that clearly doesn't have any real activity...or else it would have been posted.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:36 AM   #4443
BigErnSalute_16
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Fair enough, though a bit overstated. I still think Dube is great defensively.

That was a lot of work over a fairly tepid debate.
It was like ten sentences, wouldn't exactly call that "work." besides I think when someone is literally shown facts over and over again and still refuses to believe them, it needs to be called out.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigErnSalute_16 For This Useful Post:
Red
Old 11-22-2020, 05:46 PM   #4444
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigErnSalute_16 View Post
It was like ten sentences, wouldn't exactly call that "work." besides I think when someone is literally shown facts over and over again and still refuses to believe them, it needs to be called out.
LOL. Refuses to believe them? Nah. But go on...
Old 11-23-2020, 03:27 PM   #4445
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

With DeBrusk re-signed in Boston (2 × $3.675M), I would guess any possibility of the CGY/BOS talk including DeBrusk is off the table considering Treliving likes to get RFA work done himself
Old 11-24-2020, 04:58 AM   #4446
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Man, I'm so out of the loop on Debrusk. Maybe because I listened to sportsnet anchors gushing over him so much due to the Louie Debrusk connection. I was under the impression he was a budding star forward, but that contract suggests he's not.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:37 AM   #4447
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Man, I'm so out of the loop on Debrusk. Maybe because I listened to sportsnet anchors gushing over him so much due to the Louie Debrusk connection. I was under the impression he was a budding star forward, but that contract suggests he's not.

That's the amount per year, not for both.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:49 AM   #4448
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
He can put up 20-25 goals and 50-55 pts per year consistently. That is probably his peak though.

Comparable is David Perron.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:04 AM   #4449
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default 2020/2021 Trade Speculation and Rumours

Quote:

He’s a good player, but I don’t think he’s a budding superstar. A complimentary player to have in your top 6.

He’s kind of like Mangiapane except he plays top pp. Mangiapane actually outscored him at even strength last year.

Last edited by bax; 11-24-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:08 AM   #4450
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
He can put up 20-25 goals and 50-55 pts per year consistently. That is probably his peak though.

His career high is 43 points.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #4451
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Combination of that plus sort of amazement that he scores at all given the bloodlines.

Plus he’s a guy that gives a lot of effort so fans like him.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:59 AM   #4452
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post

... What? I don't see this comparison at all. Perron has always had the slickest hands possible. Debrusk is all about jam and energy. Debrusk is similar to Max Domi imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 09:41 AM   #4453
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else getting really, really bored of this lack of hockey in our lives? Yuck.

Still thinking we could trade Hanifin and come out ahead. Hanifin for Lias Andersson and Rasmus Kupari, then go ahead and sign Granlund to a cheap deal with the leftover space.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:20 AM   #4454
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Didn't the Kings just trade for Andersson though? He's not a guy I'd target anyway.

Old 11-26-2020, 10:22 AM   #4455
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah the only way I trade Hanifin is for a significant upgrade up front - and neither Kupair and Andersson do that. Nor does Granlund - who is a extremely skilled but flawed player.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 10:56 AM   #4456
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I think Hanifin could be setting up for a nice year if he's played along side Tanev. Let Hanifin jump up a little more while Tanev cleans up any messes.
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 12:31 PM   #4457
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Yeah the only way I trade Hanifin is for a significant upgrade up front - and neither Kupair and Andersson do that. Nor does Granlund - who is a extremely skilled but flawed player.
Fans here would turn on Granlund fast.
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 02:08 PM   #4458
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Anyone else getting really, really bored of this lack of hockey in our lives? Yuck.

Still thinking we could trade Hanifin and come out ahead. Hanifin for Lias Andersson and Rasmus Kupari, then go ahead and sign Granlund to a cheap deal with the leftover space.
Barf

Lias Andersson was just moved for only a third and has only regressed since being high touted in the draft.

Kupari has dissapointed as a first and his stats have been pretty underwhelming since his draft.

Kings have lots of good pieces but those two would be pretty low on my list. Clague, Turcotte, Vilardi, or Kaliyev would all be much better targets than those two (Byfield is untouchable of course).
Old 11-26-2020, 02:17 PM   #4459
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lias Andersson is woefully out of his depth as a NHL hockey player. He has no future there.

Last edited by Karl; 11-26-2020 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #4460
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
I think Hanifin could be setting up for a nice year if he's played along side Tanev. Let Hanifin jump up a little more while Tanev cleans up any messes.
Because that worked so well when he was paired with Hamonic...

But yes, I believe Tanev is a better player but I really enjoyed what I saw of Andersson Hanifin in the playoffs and think Gio Tanev will work well.
Closed Thread