Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #441
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
After a massive 3 week break, it's back, and holy ####, did they ever let it fester over those 3 weeks. I thought the first half season was as bad as it could get, no way could they out due the stupidity of building a plane with no tools, finding gas on the top of a mountain, kids who survived for years by tying up walkers into chains without any weapons, or means to get food, radioactive zombies that threaten to kill you with one drop of their blood, and general hamfisted application of the "we are only here to help". It was bad really bad. Surely someone recognized this and would fix it.

But alas, no. This has to be the single worst episode of any walking dead ever made. They say that in story telling you should show, not tell. Well this was an entire episode of them telling, not showing. Except for the one part they did show, where it was supposed to be tense, except since they are all telling it you know everything turned out fine. The one saving grace was watching the walkers get blown sky high and raining down on Morgan in bite sized pieces.

I'm now locked in a mortal struggle between not quitting, or AMC canceling this thing. I must know what will come first. But AMC is really holding on here, it's getting tough! I have no idea how anyone involved in this project can watch it, read the reactions and think "Ya, this works!" It does not work. But don't take my word for it, Reddit hates it too....

https://www.reddit.com/r/FearTheWalk...nel_4_episode/
You do deserve a merit badge for sticking with this trainwreck. I bailed on it quite a long while ago and just saw this thread was still alive so figured I would check to see if I was missing out. Apparently not.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greyshep For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 10:57 AM   #442
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know why I do the things I do. Mostly as a warning to others, I think.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #443
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

You're taking one for the team. We appreciate your time sacrifice
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 11:26 AM   #444
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here is a peak of the minefield walkers. The only worthwhile scene.

I'll try to post any of the good stuff. Don't hold your breath, there are not many.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:16 PM   #445
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Here is a peak of the minefield walkers. The only worthwhile scene.

I'll try to post any of the good stuff. Don't hold your breath, there are not many.
LOL! Nice explosion. What is up with the girl holding the camera? (I cant remember the characters name)
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #446
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post
LOL! Nice explosion. What is up with the girl holding the camera? (I cant remember the characters name)
Al or Luciana? They are filming everything like it is "important". Stories matter! Its one of the most infuriating things. It makes zero sense, it's pointless, and it will get people killed. Most of the episode was done as a kind of recruitment video that explained what happened between the end of the last half of the season and this new half, which was really annoying becuase when they ended last eason, it sounded like a good story they were going to have going forward. Gave me a morsel of hope after the radioactive walkers, kids, and DIY airplane of the first half. But no. We don't deserve to actually see that, so we just get told about it on video, like they are the film crew for The Office.

Then they leave a tape and vcr/tv, and I guess a generator in places so people can watch the video. And then? I dunno, ask them for help, I guess. There is no logic to this at all.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:47 AM   #447
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post
You do deserve a merit badge for sticking with this trainwreck. I bailed on it quite a long while ago and just saw this thread was still alive so figured I would check to see if I was missing out. Apparently not.

Well to be fair, last year really was a good season. They brought in a new show runner and new writers. The premises and plot lines were better than Walking, imo.

Unfortunately, they really s*it the bed this year. Which is a shame cause they really could have expanded this show and failed.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:13 PM   #448
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
Well to be fair, last year really was a good season. They brought in a new show runner and new writers. The premises and plot lines were better than Walking, imo.

Unfortunately, they really s*it the bed this year. Which is a shame cause they really could have expanded this show and failed.
I was beginning to think it was just me (and Fuzz). I [seem to] recall enjoying season 4, thought i was a fresh departure. But this season? My god its bad

Quote:
Al or Luciana? They are filming everything like it is "important". Stories matter! Its one of the most infuriating things. It makes zero sense, it's pointless, and it will get people killed. Most of the episode was done as a kind of recruitment video that explained what happened between the end of the last half of the season and this new half, which was really annoying becuase when they ended last eason, it sounded like a good story they were going to have going forward. Gave me a morsel of hope after the radioactive walkers, kids, and DIY airplane of the first half. But no. We don't deserve to actually see that, so we just get told about it on video, like they are the film crew for The Office.

Then they leave a tape and vcr/tv, and I guess a generator in places so people can watch the video. And then? I dunno, ask them for help, I guess. There is no logic to this at all.

I was going to bail after the first eight eps, but i'd be lying if I claimed denied part of me weren't curious how bad the ninth episode is (sounds familiar, probably how I'm still around after 10 seasons of TWD...)

Last edited by Sr. Mints; 08-17-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:12 AM   #449
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who knew cheese would be so common after the zombie apocalypse.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:07 AM   #450
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is probably the best season so far. We've got a good villain, a good setup with our main characters all split up, and several stories going so it isn't feeling dragged out. This is a long way from Strand in a hot air balloon. There are even complicated motivations with split loyalties. The writing is way better, I'm not sure what changed.

Anyone else still in on this? It feels way better than the last several seasons of the main series. I couldn't make it more than 20 minutes into the new series, Beyond whatever.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:21 AM   #451
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I binged the last 3 episodes last night, so I'm all caught up now. I agree, this season has been much better. Virginia does seem a little bit like Negan 2.0, but I like her. She's a solid villain with a unique personality. I'm also enjoying badass cowboy Morgan this season.

As for World Beyond, I watched the first episode, but stopped after that. I didn't even bother to record them. I just have no interest in that show whatsoever, even if it does supposedly set up the Rick Grimes movie.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:36 PM   #452
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it worth it?

I mean I jumped ship a long time ago because it was horribad.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:43 PM   #453
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you want some walking dead content, then ya, I'm enjoying it(and not in a so bad it's good way). The whole season so far has been pretty good. You don't need to know to much if you missed any in between seasons. It ties into the last 6 or so episodes of the previous season, but not in any way that your big brain can't figure out.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:13 PM   #454
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yup. This is the best season by far. They changed the show runner and went darker.

first time I’ve wanted more episodes and keep the season going.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #455
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think you are all trolling us and the show still sucks, and this is some scheme to suck us back in.
I'm not going to fall for your clever traps though.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2020, 07:25 PM   #456
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I think I'm done with this show. Tapping out.
I love TWD. But that's the only reason I'm watching this tripe.
I'm done. Someone let me know if it somehow gets good.
You asked. Here we are.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:00 PM   #457
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sunday's return was the best WD episode of 2021. Plot progression! Real consequences! Not going to spoil anything in case you have this sitting on the DVR, waiting for a reason to watch. Far from a perfect episode, but definitely worth it.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:26 PM   #458
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Made me angry. But it wasn't boring.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:02 PM   #459
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

This show is still on? What season is it on now?
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:45 PM   #460
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
This show is still on? What season is it on now?
It just started season 6.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post: