Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-30-2021, 10:02 AM   #81
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

True. I think DX was starting to clue in about the cookout but by that time it was way too late (he was already on the block).

Claire and Azah as a F2 would be weak. Hopefully it doesnt come to that.
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:14 PM   #82
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Honestly it’s almost like this is scripted. SB has no idea who is in Ky’s alliance? Seriously? Did CBS find the 6 dumbest white people in America or these people are in on the whole first black winner strategy and are happy to collect their per diem, Instagram followers and exit the house gracefully.

And on the other end, the CO is basically the anti Bay and Day. Some good game players in that group.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:54 PM   #83
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Full credit to Tiffany, she came up with the Cookout's strategy of having outside pairs and it's worked out flawlessly. She's the best player in the house right now.

Alyssa and Claire probably going out next Thursday, then the real fun begins the Thursday after.

SB definitely knows after the goodbye messages. I think in that house though, everyone wants to believe the relationships they have are real. And all the Cookout members have done a good job convincing their partners that they are a true final two and building the narrative that it's them against everyone else.

mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:10 PM   #84
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok, what's with Derek F and they way he votes?

I to evote (insert name) from the house.

He's said it wrong everytime.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2021, 10:12 PM   #85
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Ok, what's with Derek F and they way he votes?

I to evote (insert name) from the house.

He's said it wrong everytime.
He's definitely saying it wrong on purpose. He speaks normally otherwise.

Finding X and Derek F to be very self-righteous right now. It's an individual game, everyone should be selfish. X wants Alyssa to stay another week because it's in his self-interest (and probably has a crush on her), has nothing to do with the group.

Wouldn't surprise me if X will find a way to justify getting rid of Tiffany before Alyssa during the double eviction if he wins HOH. He could get the other Cookout men to vote the way he wants.

Feel bad for Claire, she had no idea she was going this week.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:00 PM   #86
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

If the cookout was smart they'd go after X first, he is by far the biggest threat within the cookout. Derek won't win as he cant win any competitions. Azah maybe, and Tiffany made the cookout mad when she won HoH so they may go after her first. Kyland probably next as he's a bit flaky.

Zings from zingbot were good this year
Old 09-09-2021, 02:09 PM   #87
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Cookout is interesting in that they have two duds, Derek F and Azah. Either are perfect F2 material because neither have a chance in hell at winning.

Really it comes down to X, Kyland and Tiff. And maybe Hannah but I don't see her making it to F2.

My overwhelming preference to win would be Tiff or Hannah. I don't like when wealthy people win. X is already a lawyer. He doesn't need the money. I doubt Derek F does either, plus he doesn't deserve it on merit. And Kyland, well I'm still convinced he's black Patrick Bateman without the murder.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:44 PM   #88
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Id argue 3 duds, what has hannah done?
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 04:10 PM   #89
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
Id argue 3 duds, what has hannah done?
Hannah who?
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to belsarius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2021, 10:03 PM   #90
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alyssa is so clueless, still thinks X was a true ally to the very end.

Hannah's been quiet but also pretty steady the entire game IMO, has an HoH and veto win and hasn't put herself in danger at any point.

I think Tiffany/Hannah/Azah should've taken the first shot at the men here, they might regret this.

But congrats to the Cookout for making history. The rest of this season will be very interesting to watch.
Old 09-10-2021, 06:16 AM   #91
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anybody but Tiffany at this point. I really can't stand her.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:54 AM   #92
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I like X but I hope he doesnt win, he definitely doesnt need the money. Same for Derek. Azah hasn't won anything and I dont like Kyland, so that leaves Tiffany/Hannah - Hannah I guess?
Old 09-10-2021, 09:59 AM   #93
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

Last time I checked Alyssa is also a woman of color. Hannah and Azah was never going to do it but this past week was their last chance to eliminate the strong guys. Tiffany should've rounded up Hannah and Azah and took out Kyland who was on the block and then went after X. Derek F isn't a threat because he's not great at comps. I don't believe the three females remaining have what it takes to outlast X at this point.

Also, Zingbot was so weak this year. It's like all the good jokes they had were too race related and had to water it down to grade 2 levels of insults.
alan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:44 AM   #94
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan21 View Post
Also, Zingbot was so weak this year. It's like all the good jokes they had were too race related and had to water it down to grade 2 levels of insults.
The Hannah burn was good. Although I think it could have been used on a number of people this year.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:59 PM   #95
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does Kyland actually want to take X to final two?

Good luck with that...
Old 09-16-2021, 09:02 AM   #96
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I checked out for a few episodes. Now that we're down to final 6 I watched last night's episode.

Another classic quote this season from clueless HGs. Hannah and Azah. Hannah says she wants a black woman to win but doesn't think DF, X or Ky have the same goal. Geez, ya think? lol. Almost as if they want to win themselves and not being black women, they don't share that same goal.

I tend to forget everything about previous BB seasons with each new season but I don't recall a season that was so clearly drawn between race and gender as this one.

Even though I don't want Azah to win, I find myself cheering for the ladies.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:04 AM   #97
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Cheering for Tiffany, Hannah or Azah to win. Clearly the underdogs here. If Kyland takes X to F2 he deserves to lose.

At this point Im surprised they dont focus more on the jury house as its probably more interesting
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary14 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2021, 02:24 PM   #98
me_dennis
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I don't know why everyone thinks that X is such a shoe-in to win. I know he's been throwing a lot of comps in the past, but even when he's trying to win, I think Kyland is a better competitor (look at the BB comics and the stacking of mini cocktails, X chokes on these comps).
I think if it comes down to a final 3 of Kyland, Big D, and X, if Kyland wins HOH, sends X home, and he takes Big D to the final, he could win it.
me_dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to me_dennis For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2021, 03:29 PM   #99
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Yes I'd say Kyland has the best shot to win at the moment based on what I've seen on the show. I don't watch much feeds or know much about who feels what in the jury.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:14 PM   #100
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it was X vs Kyland, I think X would have three likely jury votes: Azah, Alyssa, and Britni. Kyland would probably have SB and maybe Derek F, depending on how he gets evicted.

So an X win wouldn’t exactly be guaranteed after going through potential votes. It will depend on if Derek X/Tiffany/Claire/Hannah value X’s social game and maneuvering to avoid getting blood on his hands or Kyland’s comp wins. I think with all four being so close they will probably vote the same way. Wouldn’t be surprised if they have the perception that Kyland is X’s puppet, especially after Claire and Tiffany’s comments about X playing the best game.

Of course all of this changes if Kyland does the right thing and decides to take Derek F or Azah to the final 2.

Hope tonight’s double eviction isn’t too predictable. Hannah needs to win HoH or Veto or she’s likely the second boot tonight.