Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2009, 08:49 AM   #221
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

yeah, don't endlessly pokecheck the goalie... i have got several penalties for that...
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:13 AM   #222
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'll be home by 11 if anyone is up for some games (hopefully stats will record today)
koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #223
Cactus Jack
First Line Centre

Exp:

I finally logged into EA sportsworld and sent a request to join the casual team. I assume once I assume I can go to the dressing room automatically and play tonight? Or is there another step?

I see have 11,000 ea points. What can I do with those? Just buy an avatar?

What is the link to join the professional team? Thanks
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #224
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

we are still listed as 2-0 on the website. thats ridiculous...

though looking at the game log, looks like we aren't doing too hot.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #225
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

One thing I noticed is that we are really struggling with the breakout. It's going to be very important to give the puck carrier (defenseman on the breakout) some easy options. Often times when the opposing team would dump the puck into our end one defenseman would go after it and the other would just stand in front of our net. So if the other team is aggressive on the forecheck our defenseman who is first to the puck can't pass off to his D partner(because he is standing in front of the net, and can't pass off to a forward because it will get intercepted along the boards. This happened over and over again yesterday and we were stuck in our own zone the whole game. As long as everyone knows where their teammates are and we have some easy options for the breakout I think we'll be OK, but headsets would really help.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #226
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

yeah, i think its unfortunate as EA didn't seem to fix any mic issues. there were still people that couldn't beheard at all except for load screens (spike) and still tons of problems with people breaking up.

i do agree with your main point koop. as a D man, you want to protect in front of the net, but there seems to be much more important things to do this year. especially with the board battles, having that extra body down low really helps. though we definitely would need forwards to drop down and cover that area if we lose the puck.

one breakout thing that seemed to work that i saw us do was merc. he would stay along the weak side half boards. so as we scrummed for the puck in the corner on the right side, he would be over on the boards on the left side. i know a few times i was able to just go around the boards to him and it seemed to work.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #227
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
. though we definitely would need forwards to drop down and cover that area if we lose the puck.
Very true. If we are both on the boards, behind the goal line or in the same corner if we don't win the puck, or if we can't get it out, the other team will have a forward in front of the net waiting, no question.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #228
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanGuy View Post
Very true. If we are both on the boards, behind the goal line or in the same corner if we don't win the puck, or if we can't get it out, the other team will have a forward in front of the net waiting, no question.
yeah, i agree. i would love to have the D just stay there and the fwd come help in the corner, but it takes them longer to get down there and then they are in piss poor position for the breakout. so i feel like this could be a better solution if we can get some consistency going.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #229
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think once more people join the casual team I'll play with them for a while so I can work on puck control and passing, I turn it over way to much to play with the fata's. Do I have to leave the fata's to join the other team?
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #230
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
I think once more people join the casual team I'll play with them for a while so I can work on puck control and passing, I turn it over way to much to play with the fata's. Do I have to leave the fata's to join the other team?
my understanding is that they are indeed 2 seperate teams and you can be on one or the other. hopefully once things are up and running, the gm's will be able to quickly add people so they can go back and forth.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #231
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

should we remake the club or something? Stats still aren't being tracked, and it's just with our club. OTP games still track and other clubs seem to have no troubles, something is screwy.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #232
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So how are the scouting matches?

BTW who is eittocs17?
Old 09-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #233
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post
should we remake the club or something? Stats still aren't being tracked, and it's just with our club. OTP games still track and other clubs seem to have no troubles, something is screwy.
Jobo says EA knows about it....just not sure what they're doing
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #234
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche View Post
BTW who is eittocs17?
maybe an accidental add? i know we had all kinds of random join requests. maybe someone got accepted by accident?
Old 09-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #235
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
maybe an accidental add? i know we had all kinds of random join requests. maybe someone got accepted by accident?
I was just wondering as the invite is just in the queue to be added or not, and I wouldn't want to revoke it out of hand.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #236
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i havent been keeping up with the requests this year as jobo has been doing that, but i know we had a ton for our team yesterday.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #237
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Try not to us the PS button during games. I've stalled out of 3 trying to send messages and look at my friends list.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #238
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

*puts on his robyn regehr mask*

I have only played defense thus far, and the biggest thing I have noticed is forwards straddling our own blueline too much, waiting for the pass NHL 09 style. That is simply not going to work this year.

The centre has to come down to the front of the net if a dman is in the corner working the boards, otherwise you end up with a total mismatch in front. Top of the face off circle is about as far up as I'd like to see the forwards go before they get a pass. With the timing delay, speed of the passes and their inaccuracy, it is just too hard to do those long streaking passes we have all gotten too used to.

Played a game with Koop and Igitang today. Koop did a great job back checking into a defensive position, gave me lots of confidence to go for a hit in the corner to tie up the man without worrying about what was going on infront of the net.

I am starting to think that communication between the winger and dman is going to be crucial to sustaining pressure in the offensive zone. There are lots of opportunities to pinch now with the improved puck physics and less puck control, and I think that is something to take advantage of.

Most importantly, PLAY YOUR POSITION. Cannot emphasize that enough. Following the puck is a surefire way to get scored on, and for me to get frustrated.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #239
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

I remade the club and sent as many invites as I could (the limit is 12) So message me if you need an invite PSN: koop06

BTW the club is called CP Fatas and if you want to request an invite you can do it here http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/c...1/2427/members

Last edited by koop; 09-16-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #240
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post
EA still is working on it. Should be solved by weeks end as of now in a conservative estimate.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eashl , kik cherry picks , nhl 10 , ps3