Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 12:48 PM   #681
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
Eklund speculates:

weise -> rangers, devils, preds

hartnell -> pens, kings

ladd -> speculates that this may be only FA that costs a 1st round pick... Rangers, ducks, hawks

bozak -> ducks made an offer

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-BUZZ3/1/74963
Well, there's a list of trades that won't go down!
Old 02-22-2016, 12:49 PM   #682
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

What about the whole Hamonic situation? Do you think there's a chance the isles trade him at the deadline or will they wait until the draft?
Old 02-22-2016, 12:52 PM   #683
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
I think you're getting a little too excited...

I think if they did deal Nichhushkin, they'd want help now and something for the future just like Tampa and Drouin. They're in win now mode so want something to help them but they still want something long term.
Dream, Cream, not a big difference lol.

Yeah that's pretty much what I posted in the rest of the post. They'll want the rental and a higher end prospect coming back.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #684
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
I hope this is a typo.
It was!
Old 02-22-2016, 12:55 PM   #685
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doesn't make sense for them to sell now. They are in the thick of the hunt for a playoff spot, and where he wants to go (Western Canadian team) there is no immediate demand for his services. I suspect we won't see anything until the draft.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:57 PM   #686
ScorchyScorch
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'd rather pick up Murray than Drouin right now. I have less confidence that Drouin will be an impact player, and his position is less important than G.

But I'd be very happy acquiring either as it's a long term move that's taking a shortcut on development time, as both are on the fringe of being NHLers.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:59 PM   #687
flamesfan55
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Eklund Ladd trade stuff is funny since its been reported that Florida has made the biggest push to try to land Ladd. Bozak is injured and the Ducks don't need another center.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:01 PM   #688
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why would Pitts move Murray unless its an overpayment?

He looks primed to be replacing Fleury.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #689
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

They'd move him to fill a need now since they're in win now mode. They pens aren't cup favorites right now and if they want to be taken seriously in the playoffs, they'll need some help. Either of Russell or Hudler would help their team down the stretch and into the playoffs. I'm guessing the pens asked the Flames about someone and the Flames said they'd want Murray in return. If the Flames were scouting Murray it wouldn't be because they want him by the deadline, there is no reason for the Flames to trade for him now when they could just do it in the summer.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #690
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post

The same reason they've moved out any other prospect over the last several years, to have a chance at the cup.

Primed to replace Fluery? Well maybe but he's only 31 and still got plenty of years left in him. I'd imagine the Penguins still see a window with their current players and might be willing to move a valuable piece that isn't on the roster for help now.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #691
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The rumors are that CGY and others have gone calling for Murray, but PITT has rebuffed all inquiries. So in reality, the Pens are not interested in moving him unless teams are going to overpay.

Murray if available could be worth a 2nd +. But since the Pens aren't keen on moving him, it'll likely take more. As in not a piece for a rental player in return.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #692
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

they are in win now mode and Fleury is signed until 2019
The Following User Says Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2016, 01:06 PM   #693
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
What about the whole Hamonic situation? Do you think there's a chance the isles trade him at the deadline or will they wait until the draft?
His trade will be done in the offseason methinks.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:14 PM   #694
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Islanders are in a playoff position with a fairly high chance to make it. Trading Hamonic would leave a huge gap on the team trying to fill in for their number 1 defenseman. Certainly things could have been brewing for awhile, but I see him as more of a draft day trade as opposed to a deadline deal trade.

Had it not been for Hamonic requesting the trade, I doubt Islanders are really entertaining trades for him at all. So if he's willing to play through the playoffs (and by indication he is) then I don't see an urgency to trade him.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #695
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Friedman assumes the Pens are in on Russell
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheerio For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #696
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pittsburgh is in a good spot right now, as far as getting into the post-season goes, but they likely know they need to shore up their defense to make some noise. I think they will make a deal to improve their depth and ability on the backend, but what cost they are willing to pay likely will impact the level of player they get. The market is really thin, so they will have to cough up a quality asset to address their need. That is good for the Flames.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:53 PM   #697
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Here's a compilation of Friedman's various rumours and whatnot from his AMA since finding the answers can be difficult:

Anaheim: I don't think Andersen gets dealt by the deadline. I thought ANA would do it, but now that they are going well, I am less inclined to believe it.

Boston: Heard ANA was interested in Eriksson, but not sure Ducks want to do anything now that things are going well. This is a tough one for me, because it makes sense for BOS to keep and use cap space to get into playoffs. Are you going to get anything that helps you now?

Calgary:
  • Goalie? Asked about Matt Murray. So, they want to make a change. What happens in places like ANA & STL could also impact their plans.
  • Russell? Last I checked, they were still talking. But I think it's more likely than not he gets dealt. Reported last week CAL was hoping to get a long-term possibility in goal, but that might be hard for a rental.
  • Hudler? Last year, Winnik went for a second and a fourth. Hudler's a better player, so I'm sure they'd be hoping for better than that.

Carolina: If I was really going off the radar, it might be Jordan Staal (to be moved).

Dallas: Linked to Hamhuis.

Edmonton: Purcell depending on what happens with Ladd. Schultz (was talking with TB). Korpikoski I hear is out there. Maybe Hendricks. Not sure about RNH. Was told Eberle not going. EDM has one major move, if it chooses to do it.

LA: Expect LA to go for a F and a D. And he likes impact. He could make the biggest deal.

Montreal: Sell, sell, sell. Plekanec? I could see it. Biggest question is if someone makes a pitch for Galchenyuk. MON won't do it unless it gets someone with term back (comparatively-aged player).

New Jersey: Stempniak is a guy teams are waiting on. But, if you're NJ trying to build a base, are you giving up yet?

Ottawa: Brian Murray said last week no rentals. Unlikely he'd make a move unless for someone with term or team control for awhile. Would be nice to have a Canadian team in the playoffs and they are the country's best hope.

Philly: They have definitely been asked about Mark Streit.

Pittsburgh: I'd assume they are in the market for Kris Russell

San Jose: Today's trade takes SJ close to the cap, but I do know they are trying to address the salary situation.
On Marleau, I'd guess they go for it with him this year and see how he feels after the season.

Tampa: I think they will add a D. I think it's very possible Drouin gets dealt. STL has always been lurking. OTT. WIN. MIN, but there wasn't a match. Told also not a match with NASH. Would be shocked if it was MON. Probably others, but not sure. NJ could be a dark horse.

Toronto: I wonder about Nazem Kadri. I'd be very curious to see Kadri in a STL uniform.

Vancouver: Vrbata for sure. Hamhuis, if he wants to go. Possibly Hansen.

Winnipeg: I do think we will get one bombshell no one sees coming. I wonder about Jacob Trouba. More likely than not Ladd gets traded. Decent chance he ends up in Chicago. He's an impact player, and he will be motivated to play for his next contract. Gary Lawless reported they were offered a first-rounder, and he knows his Jets. If you can get a first-rounder for a rental, you are verrrrrrrrry happy.

Other than the Leafs, which Canadian team do you believe is the most aggressive on the trade front? Calgary and Edmonton.

Last edited by AC; 02-22-2016 at 01:58 PM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2016, 01:54 PM   #698
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

IF we assume that the Flames are in on Drouin and Murray, with both TB and PITT wanting Russell. If you could only pick one which would you want Treliving to go for?
Old 02-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #699
Knut

Exp:

Murray... more bullets in the chamber for a top flight Goalie.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #700
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
IF we assume that the Flames are in on Drouin and Murray, with both TB and PITT wanting Russell. If you could only pick one which would you want Treliving to go for?
Murray, easily. Flames need a starting goalie way more than a small skilled left winger.
Closed Thread