Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-07-2018, 12:19 AM   #1901
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
The PM was in town on Friday to announce Federal funding for the completion of Airport Trail between 36th and 60th Streets. When open (in 2022), this will connect Stoney Trail NE to the Airport and through to Deerfoot Trail.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...-airport-trail
This also includes stage 1 interchanges at AirportTrail / 19thStreet, and at Airport Tr/Barlow. Also a ramp to access Airport Tr from southbound Stoney Tr.

Stage 1 interchanges in this case are full interchanges similar to nearly every other recent interchange built in the city. Stage 2 adds some flyover ramps as the airport revamps the road access into the airport.

This is a fantastic announcement for NE Calgary. Airport Trail is much needed. The interchanges are gravy on top.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:00 AM   #1902
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

The access of Airport Trail from Stoney is the best part for me. Airport Trail (96 Ave) is how I get home from Stoney and it's great if I'm coming from the south. Having to take Metis when I come from the north is a big pain.

The full Airport Trail will also be nice for getting to the airport, but sadly too late to be the most helpful to me. Right now, I go to the airport once a week, as my dog works there, but she will be 15 by the time it's ready, so will probably be retired.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:09 AM   #1903
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the completion scheduled for 2022, it also opens the possibility of a C-Train expansion or spur from the Blue Line to the Airport in time for the Olympics.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:41 AM   #1904
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
The PM was in town on Friday to announce Federal funding for the completion of Airport Trail between 36th and 60th Streets. When open (in 2022), this will connect Stoney Trail NE to the Airport and through to Deerfoot Trail.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...-airport-trail
Yaaaaaaas.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #1905
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone seen plans for the interchanges' design on Airport Trail & Barlow/19th?

Those along with (hopefully) a fixed intersection at Barlow Trail (the at the airport itself by Husky) would make getting to/from the Airport much easier for commuters from all directions.

Still some ####e timed lights underneath Deerfoot on either side.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #1906
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Anyone seen plans for the interchanges' design on Airport Trail & Barlow/19th?

Those along with (hopefully) a fixed intersection at Barlow Trail (the at the airport itself by Husky) would make getting to/from the Airport much easier for commuters from all directions.

Still some ####e timed lights underneath Deerfoot on either side.
https://pub-calgary.escribemeetings....cumentId=14372
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #1907
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can detractors please now admit that the tunnel decision was a good one?
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frequitude For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2018, 08:57 PM   #1908
Drummer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

It’s too bad that the two sets of lights under Deerfoot aren’t going away.
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #1909
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So I went to Vegas for the long weekend. My flight left Thursday night so it was a warm day. I’m having a beer and I’m literally sweating through my clothes and all I was wearing was shorts and a t-shirt. Everyone is complaining about the heat around me so I finally ask the waitress what the hell the problem is and whether I just missed a power outage or something since it was thundering in the afternoon and if the AC needed time to cool
Everything back down. The answer I received blew my goddamn mind. She tells me that the new terminal has never had the air condition correctly installed since day 1 and if I thought it was hot I should be in her shoes working in that heat all day everyday in the summer. She told me she has to take two showers a day it’s so hot.

I honestly thought she was exaggerating so I asked one of the Air Canada hate agents and was told the exact same story pretty much verbatim.

How in the hell can we have a brand new airport that doesn’t have air condition? What a joke. I’m actually embarrassed as a Calgarian that our foreign visitors have to since in that heat when they visit in the summer. The new terminal is glass for Christ’s sakes. It’s basically a sauna. This city is bidding on the olympics and they can’t even get an airport right two years after it opened.

I messaged the airport authority and asked them why it was so hot and uncomfortable in the airport. Surprise, surprise.... I didn’t get an answer and they are usually very quick at responding.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 08-07-2018 at 10:58 AM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:11 AM   #1910
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
one of the Air Canada hate agents .

I know this is a typo, but given their customer service, it's a funny one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 11:13 AM   #1911
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I honestly thought she was exaggerating so I asked one of the Air Canada hate agents and was told the exact same story pretty much verbatim.
This is my favourite typo ever.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:14 AM   #1912
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So I went to Vegas for the long weekend. My flight left Thursday night so it was a warm day. I’m having a beer and I’m literally sweating through my clothes and all I was wearing was shorts and a t-shirt. Everyone is complaining about the heat around me so I finally ask the waitress what the hell the problem is and whether I just missed a power outage or something since it was thundering in the afternoon and if the AC needed time to cool
Everything back down. The answer I received blew my goddamn mind. She tells me that the new terminal has never had the air condition correctly installed since day 1 and if I thought it was hot I should be in her shoes working in that heat all day everyday in the summer. She told me she has to take two showers a day it’s so hot.

How in the hell can we have a brand new airport that doesn’t have air condition? What a joke. I’m actually embarrassed as a Calgarian that our foreign visitors have to since in that heat when they visit in the summer. The new terminal is glass for Christ’s sakes. It’s basically a sauna. This city is bidding on the olympics and they can’t even get an airport right two years after it opened.

I messaged the airport authority and asked them why it was so hot and uncomfortable in the airport. Surprise, surprise.... I didn’t get an answer and they are usually very quick at responding.

The apologists in this thread will come up with some excuse for the heat. It's been over a year I think that the West elevators are closed in P2 since the water main break that never happened. Usually only 1 elevator on the East end works. Then the rolling closures on different levels for "line painting" that also never happened.

I agree with you it's friggen hot in there. Both the US terminal that is 10 miles long and the actual international for Europe/Asia are hot as heck.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:35 AM   #1913
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ha. Good typo, and pretty fitting. Took a AC Rouge each way and it amazed me how crusty the flight attendants were. They must have scoured Montreal for the angriest group of solid 4s that seem to think they are 10s with limited english as humanly possible.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 08-07-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #1914
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Is there a large building with geothermal installed where it's ever worked as intended? I remember my condo building having constant issues with it not performing. Later blamed the amount of cooling the earth was providing wasn't enough in the summer.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:42 PM   #1915
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

No idea, but it’s nasty hot in there. You feel like a dog locked in a car with the windows up.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 08-07-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:38 AM   #1916
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

WestJet announces their initial 787-9 routes:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...ervice-in-s19/

Calgary - London Gatwick
Calgary - Paris CDG (new route) 3x weekly, 4x weekly from June 3 to September 8
Calgary - Dublin (new route) 3x weekly, 2x weekly from September 11
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #1917
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Calgary to Paris is rad.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:58 AM   #1918
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Booo. I was hoping they would announce their Calgary to Asia nonstops!
Old 10-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #1919
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think they are playing it relatively safe to start, from YYC the only new destination there is Dublin. We've had service to CDG before seasonally from Air Transat.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #1920
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Likely a little cheaper from YYC too. HQ is here, the maintenance base is probalby here, and I'm guessing the pilot base for the 787's will be YYC. Pilot base never used to be an issue but it's an added wrinkle now that ALPA is in the picture.

From YYC they can do a three or four day pairing for the crews if they are based here and the flights are staged from here. If they did YYZ or even YVR you are looking at a 5/6 day pairing for the same crew (ie two extra days of crew scheduling and associated cost).

Also, look for them to run YYC-YYZ domestically to work out any teething issues.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
go flames go , say no to yeg , tunnel of death , yyc