Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2018, 04:16 PM   #21
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by llwhiteoutll View Post
He'd have to appear in Cochrane to fight the ticket.

Unless he is at risk of a license suspension due to accumulating too many demerits or has a job that only cares about demerit points and not convictions, there is no point to getting the demerits reduced. He'd be much better served either taking the full demerits and a reduced fine or just paying the whole thing if it will cost more to go fight it than he could get reduced.

Insurance doesn't really care about demerits, they base it off of convictions. So a conviction with demerits for speeding is the same as one you negotiate all the demerits away. Demerits drop off your driving record in two years and stop affecting insurance in three years, both from the date of conviction.

Further to that, you can actually do an online defensive driving course that will take 2 demerits off your record. You can actually do it yearly from my understanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #22
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

A lot of people say don't pay the fines for private lots. But consider this: your mom was stressed out about this medical appointment. If she ignored the ticket and needs to continue to park at this clinic in the future, will the thought of it "hanging over her head" cause her more stress?

If it was me, I would offer to pay it for her, so she "doesn't need to worry about it anymore." If your mom shares your beliefs that charging for parking outside medical facilities is predatory, then maybe she'd prefer the ignore it method.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2018, 04:19 PM   #23
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Indigo can't do ####. I had a nice run of getting tickets in their lots, got sent ''collection'' letters, and nothing happened. They won't do anything. Somehow they are able to get your address, but unless it's an official city ticket that will impede your ability to renew your vehicle's registration, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Throw out their letters when you receive them and take solace in the fact that it cost them money and time to send to you.
For some reason I can't stop laughing at this, especially the last sentence.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #24
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
Sorry to hi-jack the thread somewhat, I have a different situation about my dad....

So he was ticketed for speeding on the highway near Cochrane by RCMP in person. He is ok with the fine, but he is worried about demerit points. Is there a traffic court for this sort of infraction and is there a justice of peace you can go and "negotiate" about fines and demerit points like at the Calgary courthouse downtown?
For my ticket earlier this year that I disagreed with, I went in, and they asked if you wanted to remove the fine or the demerits, basically without even having to ask. That was city of Calgary though, so different courts could handle it different.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:31 AM   #25
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
For my ticket earlier this year that I disagreed with, I went in, and they asked if you wanted to remove the fine or the demerits, basically without even having to ask. That was city of Calgary though, so different courts could handle it different.
It's more or less the same in Cochrane. You may have to ask mind you, but you can usually get one or the other removed.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote