Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2016, 10:47 PM   #981
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Actually yeah, agreed. I was focusing more on the drubbing in the last minute and a half by Diaz and disregarded them two knockdowns which would have carried more weight

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:47 AM   #982
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought that the "king is back MFer" was laying it on pretty thick. He won a majority decision against a journeyman fighter who he literally turned and ran from a few times during the fight. It wasn't all that impressive IMO.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:18 AM   #983
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I thought that the "king is back MFer" was laying it on pretty thick. He won a majority decision against a journeyman fighter who he literally turned and ran from a few times during the fight. It wasn't all that impressive IMO.
Yeah, I think he had that quote chambered weeks before this fight. He wasn't going to waste that gem regardless of his performance.

While it wasn't anywhere near a decisive win, it was impressive that he stayed in that fight; I can't believe he survived round 3. He needed a war like that on his resume and now we won't question his heart anymore.
burnin_vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burnin_vernon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2016, 01:42 PM   #984
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:25 PM   #985
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/22...bis-at-ufc-202

Quote:
Diaz might be facing a UFC anti-doping policy potential violation for vaping cannabis at the UFC post-fight press conference Saturday night in Las Vegas, MMA Fighting has learned. Diaz was vaping on the dais and, when asked, said it was CBD, or cannibidiol oil.

"It's CBD," Diaz said after his majority decision loss to Conor McGregor. "It helps with the healing process and inflammation, stuff like that. So you want to get these for before and after the fights, training. It'll make your life a better place."

Cannibidiol is one of 113 active cannabinoids in cannabis. Cannabinoids are banned in-competition by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Code over a certain threshold and USADA uses WADA's prohibited substance list. In competition is considered the six hours before and the six hours after a fight. Diaz's appearance doing post-fight media was within that timeframe.

"I can confirm that USADA is aware of the situation and is currently gathering information in order to determine the next appropriate steps," USADA spokesperson Ryan Madden told MMA Fighting in a statement.

More photos on Flickr
Old 08-23-2016, 01:16 PM   #986
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Connor McGregor suspended 6 months.
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:33 PM   #987
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
Connor McGregor suspended 6 months.
LOL

Just to clarify, it's a medical suspension due to his foot/ankle injury sustained from all those kicks to Diaz' leg.

Article
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2016, 01:36 PM   #988
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Might be time for McGregor to vacate the FW title.

With this suspension it will be well over a year between FW fights for Conor and he is yet to defend the title he won last December.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:51 PM   #989
wontondestruction
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post

With this suspension it will be well over a year between FW fights for Conor and he is yet to defend the title he won last December.
I can't blame McGregor for not jumping at the chance to defend his title. That weight cut must be absolute hell for him. Also, Aldo has a habit of missing fights, for whatever reason. If I were McGregor, I would ask for $4 million and either in NYC (might not even be possible due to the medical suspension) or in Dublin.
wontondestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:13 PM   #990
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontondestruction View Post
I can't blame McGregor for not jumping at the chance to defend his title. That weight cut must be absolute hell for him. Also, Aldo has a habit of missing fights, for whatever reason. If I were McGregor, I would ask for $4 million and either in NYC (might not even be possible due to the medical suspension) or in Dublin.
Oh I mostly agree, but if he can't/won't defend his title then like I said, he needs to vacate it or have it stripped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2016, 08:35 PM   #991
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post

If he can make it back in that time frame he shouldn't be stripped. Over a year is a long time to not defend his title but it's hardly the longest time. Chris Weidman went almost a year between Machida and Belfort, Cain Velasquez went 13 months before he defended his heavyweight belt. BJ Penn didn't defend his 155 belt for over 15 months when he tried to get the 170 strap from GSP. Dominick Cruz went over two full years not defending his title before he was finally forced to vacate it.

Let Aldo defend his interim 145 belt against Holloway late September then have the winner face McGregor in the new year. Stripping the guy of the title is way too premature.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:47 PM   #992
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fair enough. If he comes back and his first fight is a title defense that's fine, but if he's looking to go with Diaz at 155 for his return bout then he should lose his title IMO
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2016, 12:59 PM   #993
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rory MacDonald signed with Bellator today. Always hoped he'd be more successful than he has been.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:07 PM   #994
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^
http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/rory-mac...-bellator-mma/

More photos on Flickr
Old 08-24-2016, 04:31 PM   #995
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Old 08-25-2016, 03:51 PM   #996
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

That AJ Lee is a knockout.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2016, 08:22 PM   #997
Puddy27
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Not a bad fight night. Miller vs Lauzon was decent. Miller with the W. Van Zant with a beauty head kick in the second match. Pettis with a nice fight at 145. Pretty dissapointed Condit lost so quick. Always wished Condit would have gotten a belt at some point but that doesn't seem likely now. Gotta give Maia credit though. To submit Condit in less than 2 minutes is quite impressive.
Puddy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:13 PM   #998
trublmaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Cruz is a very good fight analyst, Mickey Gall will kill Punk, next set of title fights will be interesting
trublmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:47 AM   #999
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

That card was really good, lots of great fights.

PVZ's jumping switch kick was something out of a video game, she gained a tonne more fans with that KO.

Lauzon and Miller was another great battle, although I thought Joe did enough to squeak out a victory. Both guys are warriors and always respectful.

Looks like the 145 division just got a new killer. Oliveira is no joke on the ground and Pettis made it look easy by constantly reversing and avoiding. Just when you think Pettis is on a career downfall, he submits a submission master at 145. Oliveira can really take a beating, lots of heart and a chin to boot.

Felt sorry for Condit, I'm a huge fan of both these guys. Maia will be champ IMO, he's just too good. He didn't take any damage, or even worked up a sweat. Wonderboy and Woodley have nothing that Maia hasn't seen before.

More photos on Flickr

Last edited by Regulator75; 08-29-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:47 AM   #1000
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good lord, this is awful. Steven Seagal and GSP in the worst fight scene of all time.

http://www.thescore.com/mma/news/108...medium=twitter
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote