Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #1161
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
well that's what the Munich media says. Dortmund media says it's more around 30m plus unrealistic add-ons.
Okay, so its basically straight across?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:08 PM   #1162
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

pretty much yeah. Bayerns CB overhaul is fascinating to see, I've never seen anything like it. Brought in Hernandez and Pavard for a ton of money, sold Hummels, and apparently they are also trying to offload Boateng somewhere and sign Kabak from Stuttgart. Süle might very well be the only CB returning from last year.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:06 AM   #1163
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

so it looks like Milan and UEFA have struck a deal where Milan voluntarily drops out of the EL 19-20 and in return gets some sort of clean slate in regards to FFP.

I shouldn't even be surprised, but this feels like a new low even for UEFA.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:34 PM   #1164
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Arjen Robben has announced his retirement from professional football after playing a key role in Bayern Munich's golden decade.

Robben, whose contract at Bayern Munich expired on June 30, added: "My heart says yes, my body says no."

During his career, Robben won eight German Bundesliga titles, five German cups, two Premier League trophies, one FA Cup, one La Liga title, two Dutch cups and one Eredivisie title on top of the Champions League and Club World Cup in 2013.

He participated in three World Cups and three European championships.
https://global.espn.com/football/bay...y-body-says-no

One of the greats. Stellar career and theatrics aside, he will be missed.

Best of luck in retirement!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #1165
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hopefully this means Davies actually gets consistent playing time now...although with Gnarby, Ribery, Coman etc still in the mix, it might be tough. Feel free to loan him out to another Bundesliga team Bayern.
kobasew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:40 PM   #1166
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ribery is out too. They've been trying to get Sane this summer to no avail. So yeah hopefully more Davies.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:44 PM   #1167
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bayern better not play him as a wingback ala John Hurdman.
kobasew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #1168
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

well I've got bad news for you ... Kovac said they are working hard to sign another winger, and if they can't, they'll switch to a back three more often. In that case, Davies would be Alabas backup at the left wing-back position - Kovac said they'll test him there during the summer friendlies.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:59 PM   #1169
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
well I've got bad news for you ... Kovac said they are working hard to sign another winger, and if they can't, they'll switch to a back three more often. In that case, Davies would be Alabas backup at the left wing-back position - Kovac said they'll test him there during the summer friendlies.
Bayern absolutely needs another winger, they’re so thin there and Coman will for sure get injured at some point... I suspect Davies will see time at LB and on the wing this upcoming season. I don’t think they’re going to pigeon hole him into either spot and I think the biggest thing for him right now is getting match minutes. He’s still super young, time is on his side
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 08:31 AM   #1170
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
They coming after de Gea I imagine.
Quote:
probably yeah. Not too fussed about it any more tbh, United have a big rebuild ahead and DDG might regress further. Might as well cash in.

Donnarumma seems the more likely candidate at this point.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #1171
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

pretty nice fight between Atletico and Barcelona about Griezmann. Apparently Barcelona asked Atletico to pay his clause in installments instead of up front, which angered Atletico so much that they put out a statement that threw both Barcelona and Griezmann under the bus (basically accusing them of massive disrespect and holding talks in February/March, around the time when Atletico was playing against Juve in the CL). Atletico demanded Griezmann to return to training, who in turn went on strike. We'll see if and when Barcelona and Griezmann pay the clause to put an end to this mess.

and now Neymar didn't show up for preseason and PSG are fuming. Of course there's been a lot of speculation around a return to Barcelona lately ... it certainly seems to me that Barcelona are more than happy to tell their targets to go on strike to force their moves. Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Neymar ... there's a pattern here.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:44 PM   #1172
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
pretty nice fight between Atletico and Barcelona about Griezmann. Apparently Barcelona asked Atletico to pay his clause in installments instead of up front, which angered Atletico so much that they put out a statement that threw both Barcelona and Griezmann under the bus (basically accusing them of massive disrespect and holding talks in February/March, around the time when Atletico was playing against Juve in the CL). Atletico demanded Griezmann to return to training, who in turn went on strike. We'll see if and when Barcelona and Griezmann pay the clause to put an end to this mess.

and now Neymar didn't show up for preseason and PSG are fuming. Of course there's been a lot of speculation around a return to Barcelona lately ... it certainly seems to me that Barcelona are more than happy to tell their targets to go on strike to force their moves. Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Neymar ... there's a pattern here.
And here we thought Real Madrid were the worst.

Although, in fairness, it seems more like Barca no longer want Coutinho as opposed to Coutinho not wanting to be at Barca.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:59 PM   #1173
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Barcelona has always been the worst IMO.

Madrid will take your players but I feel like they always will pay the premium.

Feel like Barca always tries to pull the prestige card to try and get a cut rate on their targets.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 07-09-2019 at 08:57 AM.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 11:59 PM   #1174
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Barcalona has always been the worst IMO.

Madrid will take your players but I feel like they always will pay the premium.

Feel like Barca always tries to pull the prestige card to try and get a cut rate on their targets.
100%

Just look at a few years ago with Fabregas and bale

Madrid want bale, pay highest ever fee at the time

Barca go on a pr spree about how cesc has basically been kidnapped from his home
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 09:40 AM   #1175
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Barca activate Griezmann's €120M Release clause.

Antoine to Camp Nou.