Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2023, 03:24 PM   #10221
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Had to check that this was real... we truly live in the post script of the universe. No one wrote script material here, it's all just improv.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2023, 03:35 PM   #10222
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1656337907173453825
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 03:41 PM   #10223
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love Biden pressing this reporter to go a level down in details. The last few seconds are the best.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1656324496444235777
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to calculoso For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2023, 04:14 PM   #10224
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
Good to know.

Killing people is less important to you than who is in the Hall of Fame.

Not hard to see where your priorities lie.
Again...agree to disagree.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 05:04 PM   #10225
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2023, 05:50 PM   #10226
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Military man and former Marine chokes out a black man until he is dead on the New York subway. Murica!

https://nypost.com/2023/05/02/shocki...on-nyc-subway/

https://twitter.com/user/status/1653570806537150464
We love to lecture other countries about how they shouldn't crack down against peaceful protest.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1656062472002969601
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 06:54 PM   #10227
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I could only muster a few minutes of watching the sexual abusing liar's 'town hall', and I gotta say.........this has got to be the low point in CNN's history. What a mess. The chuckling by the crowd when they were talking about sexual abuse was the cherry on top. Just really gross television.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 07:25 PM   #10228
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
I could only muster a few minutes of watching the sexual abusing liar's 'town hall', and I gotta say.........this has got to be the low point in CNN's history. What a mess. The chuckling by the crowd when they were talking about sexual abuse was the cherry on top. Just really gross television.
It is absolutely unbelievable anybody with half a brain would vote for Donald Trump..The fact that so many will is just scary.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 10:24 PM   #10229
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post

I refuse to watch any of it, but yea, it's shameful that any major network would give this reprehensible dips*** a platform right now. Dude is a convicted sexual abuser, and he recently tried to overthrow the government and illegally install himself as king. Is CNN really that desperate for ratings? Jesus Christ, what a f'n clown show.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2023, 11:34 PM   #10230
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
...it's shameful that any major network would give this reprehensible dips*** a platform right now.
Honestly doesn't make any sense to me that they did this. Brutal.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 02:29 AM   #10231
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

CNN announced recently that they would make a shift to the right in terms of the lens they put over their coverage of news events, so this townhall 1 day after he was found guilty isn't actually surprising. It was essentially a Trump rally.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 04:51 AM   #10232
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've only seen short snippets, but yeah, that is shameful stuff from CNN. With Tucker leaving Fox, they probably saw a void they thought they could fill ... yet again, you have a network sacrificing journalistic values for pure ratings. And then they wonder why trust in the democratic process is corroding.

This is a man who was recently arrested and charged, who was just found guilty of sexual assault, who led in insurrection to the capital. This is a disgusting, lying, racist, sexist POS who should have no political platform whatsoever ... instead, a big network gives him this. Shame on CNN.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2023, 10:36 AM   #10233
Dentoman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I look at it differently. I think CNN did the right thing putting Trump on. It shows actually how dangerous, stupid and dishonest he is. Puts it all out there for everyone to see. This isn't gonna sway anyone to vote for Trump. Those people are already locked in. This shows the swing voter up close what an idiot he is and also helps motivate the non Trump voter to make sure they get out to vote. The danger and crazy were on full display for all to see, and it was bad. The cheering crowd just shows how low some people will go.
Also, to some degree, it gets rid of the angle that the "mainstream media" won't put him on.

I'm actually surprised he took them up on the offer.
Dentoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:39 AM   #10234
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentoman View Post
I look at it differently. I think CNN did the right thing putting Trump on. It shows actually how dangerous, stupid and dishonest he is. Puts it all out there for everyone to see. This isn't gonna sway anyone to vote for Trump. Those people are already locked in. This shows the swing voter up close what an idiot he is and also helps motivate the non Trump voter to make sure they get out to vote. The danger and crazy were on full display for all to see, and it was bad.
Also, to some degree, it gets rid of the angle that the "mainstream media" won't put him on.
The danger and crazy from Trump were on full display for all to see since at least 2015. Nobody who is still pro-Trump is going to be convinced to change their mind by anything he says or does now. There's literally nothing positive to be gained by giving him a large platform like this.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:43 AM   #10235
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

As soon as Trump went on one of his (early) tirades CNN should have shut that down and gone to a panel or something they had on the back burner. That was a shameful display.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2023, 10:46 AM   #10236
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't watch but I heard he admitted he talked to Putin about the invasion before it happened and the CNN moderator just ignored it.

Like, wtf?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:49 AM   #10237
Dentoman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This is part of the problem though.
By saying he should have never been allowed on or cut off, you are only feeding his narrative.
As far as everyone knowing how crazy he is ... yes, they have heard about it, but how many non Fox watchers have seen it up close and personal like this? I think his display would firm up some swing voters to vote against him.
Dentoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:50 AM   #10238
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I didn't watch but I heard he admitted he talked to Putin about the invasion before it happened and the CNN moderator just ignored it.

Like, wtf?
Sure if you believe anything out of that lying hole of a mouth.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:52 AM   #10239
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentoman View Post
I look at it differently. I think CNN did the right thing putting Trump on. It shows actually how dangerous, stupid and dishonest he is. Puts it all out there for everyone to see. This isn't gonna sway anyone to vote for Trump. Those people are already locked in. This shows the swing voter up close what an idiot he is and also helps motivate the non Trump voter to make sure they get out to vote. The danger and crazy were on full display for all to see, and it was bad. The cheering crowd just shows how low some people will go.

I'm actually surprised he took them up on the offer.
I tend to agree with you as well. I haven't seen much of it, but it seems the host was trying to challenge him. Only having him on his home team networks is probably a worse thing.

I don't watch much cable news, but frequent cnn.com, and I don't know if it is so much a right shift as an attempt to be more neutral. Oddly, the CNN website has an article condemning CNN for doing it. https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/media...ces/index.html

I don't know what the right way to handle Trump is, and this probably wasn't it. I do find CNN to be a little more substantive though since their shift. Moving on from "10 outrageous moments from Trump's speech" type headlines to more matter of fact type articles about what he said, and backing up why it's not true.

It seems a stretch to think any audience leaving Fox News because Tucker Carlson is gone is going to change over to CNN. I also don't think anyone who left Fox News for being exposed for election lies is going to want to watch Trump telling election lies on CNN. I'd guess 99% of the audience who'd leave Fox News are going to harder right networks like OAN/Newsmax.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2023, 11:42 AM   #10240
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the problem was either having a pro-Trump audience or allowing cheering or whatever. If you don't have the crowd cheering him on it comes off as different when he's challenged.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeteMoss For This Useful Post: