Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Biden 6 66.67%
Trump 3 33.33%
Kanye/other/Independent 0 0%
Would not vote 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 03:37 PM   #5381
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Good to see various republicans sending congratulations to Biden, to continue to reinforce the validity of the election, and to minimize the legitimacy of Trumps ridiculous claims.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Coke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2020, 03:38 PM   #5382
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Fake news, no way could the real George Bush use the word "adjudicated" in a sentence, let alone using it correctly.
Old 11-08-2020, 03:39 PM   #5383
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
This guy is basically Chris Cooper's character from the Muppets

https://twitter.com/user/status/1325513157926932480
Look at all those Sheeple listening to that Snake Oil salesman.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2020, 03:56 PM   #5384
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey look, CNN just had a segment on Covid and had the fancy stats thing up on the right side...which poster was it again who wondered if they’d ever show that again....

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FurnaceFace For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #5385
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure if any of these states have given updates since this morning, but here are Biden's current vote leads according to CNN's map.

PA: 43,194
GA: 10,353
AR: 19,348
NV: 31,464
Old 11-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #5386
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurnaceFace View Post
Hey look, CNN just had a segment on Covid and had the fancy stats thing up on the right side...which poster was it again who wondered if they’d ever show that again....
That’s shocking! Shocking I tells ya!

The US STILL can’t test anyone who wants or needs a test. You essentially must have multiple symptoms (including fever) or a confirmed primary contact. You have areas with a 40% positive rate the last week on tests that are taken. Our area hospitals sent up the warning flare a couple days ago essentially pleading with people to wear masks, socially distance and limit gatherings.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:14 PM   #5387
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Not sure if any of these states have given updates since this morning, but here are Biden's current vote leads according to CNN's map.

Arizona is now 20 something after last count

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryred For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2020, 04:15 PM   #5388
Iowa_Flames_Fan
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post

Nevada, it turns out, isn’t even going to be that close. It is funny that anyone ever doubted which way it would go.

Still don’t know what Arizona will do. I’m more confident in Pennsylvania and even Georgia at this point.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:18 PM   #5389
Iowa_Flames_Fan
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryred View Post
Arizona is now 20 something after last count

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Just saw that. 55% for Biden in a 6,000 ish vote drop from Maricopa.

It’s probably not “over” in a mathematical sense but.... that is a bit of a dagger for Trump’s comeback hopes I would think.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:27 PM   #5390
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some pretty insane things being said right now at the rally on the steps of the Legislature in Olympia, Washington: https://youtu.be/x-peasG5i44 edit: this is a livestrem link. The stuff below was around 4:30pm.

"We are at war. This is a coup. This is serious. Time for us to stand up and fight. They think we're going to stay asleep. As long as Trump continues to fight, we need to stand next to him. He fought for us, stand up for him.
Donald Trump is a Freedom Fighter. If freedom falls in the US, it falls across the world. You're fighting for freedom.
Biden sold out to China, belongs in prison. If you believe in God, pray every day to pray back the peace and unite the country. Biden is a pedophile."

Stop the steal signs everywhere. Lots of talk about software, ballots and demands of a manual recount of the entire country.

A nurse telling people not to wear masks and they'll make you take the vaccine before you can get food during the next lockdown.

Chants of we won't submit. Some QAnon stuff. Power is derived from The people and we the people don't consent to this - such a weird take. Pelosi and Feinstein own a part of the company called (something) that sends the election results to the news teleprompters. People reprint votes and then change the name.

You could study these speeches for use of logical fallacies, wow.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:36 PM   #5391
Iowa_Flames_Fan
Referee

Exp:

This is why it’s so irresponsible to be spreading these lies about the election being fraudulent. It is going to get people hurt or killed down there.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:43 PM   #5392
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Flames_Fan View Post
This is why it’s so irresponsible to be spreading these lies about the election being fraudulent. It is going to get people hurt or killed down there.

I'm actually shocked that we didn't see any violence earlier in the week. But the longer Trump and his cronies refuse to concede while continuing with this bulls**t election fraud narrative, things could get very ugly really quick.

Of Trump could easily put a stop to all of this by doing the right thing, but he won't because he's a reprehensible piece of s***, and his ego won't allow it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2020, 04:54 PM   #5393
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anyone else having trouble taking enjoyment out of fantasy football today? After staring at numbers that actually matter all week, looking at yardage and touchdown data just isn't that interesting at the moment.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:56 PM   #5394
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

"I'm in enemy territory against Democrat forces. Suspecious irregularities. Sham. The freeest country in the world is falling and we need to stand. Whether we have to fight or not, we have to make Donald Trump our president. Be prepared. Get weapons and ammo. The left is going to feak out when they lose. Stock 6 months of food and water."

Yikes. And they said this guy ran for Congress or something? Scary.

Direwolf, I get the feeling watching this rally they're working themselves up enough to get to the point of violence for sure. Sounds like this is the beginning, not the end - as it feels in the media and on the left. Now, let's end with a prayer invoking WW2 and fighting for freedom LOL. Wow, a whole lotta praying. Actually, if you'd like to read some of what I'd being said, you can read Michelle Bachmanns 5 points of prayer to prevent the stealing of election here : https://villagersfortrump.org/prayer...hele-bachmann/

Good luck y'all! Anyone have any friends down there loading up on ammo and weapons? Seems normal hey? Bueller?
Old 11-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #5395
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
Anyone else having trouble taking enjoyment out of fantasy football today? After staring at numbers that actually matter all week, looking at yardage and touchdown data just isn't that interesting at the moment.
Not if it's for money.

Old 11-08-2020, 05:19 PM   #5396
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
That’s shocking! Shocking I tells ya!

The US STILL can’t test anyone who wants or needs a test. You essentially must have multiple symptoms (including fever) or a confirmed primary contact. You have areas with a 40% positive rate the last week on tests that are taken. Our area hospitals sent up the warning flare a couple days ago essentially pleading with people to wear masks, socially distance and limit gatherings.
So it must be very poorly distributed across the country?
For example, covid tests per 1000 people
Canada 273.2
USA 466.4
As far as I know, there is more testing per capita in usa than any other country in the world. I know this may not mean anyone can always get a test anywhere/anytime they want but it must be incredibly geographically skewed across the country , because the overall testing numbers are very high, per capita.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:21 PM   #5397
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Fake news, no way could the real George Bush use the word "adjudicated" in a sentence, let alone using it correctly.
Lol remember when he was considered a bad speaker?

Old 11-08-2020, 05:51 PM   #5398
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Canada 273.2
USA 466.4
As far as I know, there is more testing per capita in usa than any other country in the world. I know this may not mean anyone can always get a test anywhere/anytime they want but it must be incredibly geographically skewed across the country , because the overall testing numbers are very high, per capita.
It’s almost like there was a lack of leadership that didn’t put together a national testing plan and just ignored it.....

But the situation is this: if you have multiple potential symptoms you can get a test and get results in a few days. With a negative you can go back to school/work.

If you don’t have symptoms (or not the correct combo to get tested) but had a contact you get to be off school/work for 14 days. At least in our area.

Last edited by ernie; 11-08-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:54 PM   #5399
bob-loblaw
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's interesting how the US government/deep state keeps on working in spite of Trump. Biden has a massive Secret Service detail almost instantly, was involved in briefings, and already have 20,000 square feet to use for their transition team.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:55 PM   #5400
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Canada 273.2
USA 466.4
My son had a soccer teammate test positive, and I was able to get him a free insta-test with 2 days lead time no issues in Virginia. Testing availability seems to be the least of our problems.
Closed Thread