Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Biden 6 66.67%
Trump 3 33.33%
Kanye/other/Independent 0 0%
Would not vote 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 12:48 PM   #4981
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Citation needed that Trump actually became a billionaire once, let alone twice. He refuses to release his tax returns, which many speculate is because they would prove he's not anywhere close to as wealthy as he pretends to be.

Also, it's been pointed out time and again that if he had simply invested the hundreds of millions of dollars his father gifted him in a passive index fund and done literally nothing, he'd be much richer today than he actually is. He actively lost money. Some financial genius.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #4982
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
You're right, Trump is a unique character. Even if every flaw you can claim about him is true and accurate, this is also true:

1. He became a billionaire...twice
2. He married a supermodel....twice
3. He's been one of the most famous people in the world for 40 years, creating a brand (love it or hate it) around nothing but his name
4. He got elected as President of the united states.

He's certainly not going to quietly retire to a ranch like Bush 2.
Ok whatever Tom Bray Bray.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:50 PM   #4983
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1325160954057773059
Old 11-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #4984
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I also want Biden to take a long slow drink of water during his speech. You know, to show how much more advanced he is over the previous chump who needs a juice box to drink...anything.
One handed, with a wink when he does.

Last edited by MoneyGuy; 11-07-2020 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:00 PM   #4985
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

So much winning.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1325150865729073160
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 01:03 PM   #4986
bob-loblaw
First Line Centre

Exp:

I imagine Sanjay Gupta is probably quite torn about this. Happy that Biden one, but sad that his only five days off in the past eight months have come to an end.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:06 PM   #4987
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I was going to ask if anyone has seen Fleury’s reaction but now I think I can assume he’s going ballistic on Twitter.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:06 PM   #4988
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
All of my in-laws are hardcore Republicans. I’ve had evangelical “friends” look down on my wife and I, lecturing us on what God had apparently told them, about how we haven’t prayed enough. They’re still doing it but we’re so content to sit back and enjoy the outcome of this election. We don’t need to engage them.
Those aren't friends.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 01:13 PM   #4989
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
Citation needed that Trump actually became a billionaire once, let alone twice. He refuses to release his tax returns, which many speculate is because they would prove he's not anywhere close to as wealthy as he pretends to be.

Also, it's been pointed out time and again that if he had simply invested the hundreds of millions of dollars his father gifted him in a passive index fund and done literally nothing, he'd be much richer today than he actually is. He actively lost money. Some financial genius.
Personal tax returns don't tell you much about his net worth. As I understand it his current assets are valued around 2.5 billion... Let's say 2 billion for margin of error.

His liabilities are (famously) about a billion.

That's a tres comas in net worth
Old 11-07-2020, 01:13 PM   #4990
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

It took me a minute to realize the Bo Levi you’re all deriding isn’t actually the football player.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:13 PM   #4991
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
That should be one of Biden's first executive orders, followed by reversing all the other ones Trump signed in regards to environmental protections, etc..

Latest episode of Axios had a pretty good take. Operation Ctrl-Z.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:16 PM   #4992
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even Fox News is covering the win and the celebrations.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:17 PM   #4993
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
It took me a minute to realize the Bo Levi you’re all deriding isn’t actually the football player.
Thats why the mods need to change his effing name. He is totally besmirching the name of our QB.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #4994
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsd1 View Post
I’m obviously happy that Trump lost, but this kind of crap can’t be the way forward either. This reporter could have easily used the opportunity to debate this person on what they perceived to be fake news, which really isn’t hard to do in a respectful and professional manner. Instead the reporter opted to treat them in a way that makes them the victim of censorship in the eyes of their likeminded supporters. The media needs to be held to a higher standard or it is only going to deepen the already massive divide in that country. Their job is supposed to be reporting what is going on in the world around them, not trying to control or suppress it. I really hope the Biden administration restores the FCC fairness doctrine in some form or another, even if it won’t eliminate the biases of the major news networks at least they’ll only be able to report facts.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:19 PM   #4995
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
There are three other possibilities, which intellectually honest people would recognize as possibilities, even if they didn't agree with them:

3. People don't think Donald Trump is actually a racist OR a sexist
4. Donald Trump is not actually a racist
5. Donald Trump is not actually a sexist

(Being a sexist does not automatically make one a racist, and vice versa).
ok let's play that out.
it seems like you would have voted for Trump. True?

If so how would you describe yourself.
1. You don't believe he is a racist and/or sexist
2. You believe he is one or both of those things, but you are willing to overlook it because you don't think its important
3. You believe he is one or both of those things, but you are willing to overlook it because you think other issues are more improtant
4. You are also a racist and/or sexist

Since we've established those as the possible options - which are you?

Last edited by Jiri Hrdina; 11-07-2020 at 01:24 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #4996
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
I’m obviously happy that Trump lost, but this kind of crap can’t be the way forward either. This reporter could have easily used the opportunity to debate this person on what they perceived to be fake news, which really isn’t hard to do in a respectful and professional manner. Instead the reporter opted to treat them in a way that makes them the victim of censorship in the eyes of their likeminded supporters. The media needs to be held to a higher standard or it is only going to deepen the already massive divide in that country. Their job is supposed to be reporting what is going on in the world around them, not trying to control or suppress it. I really hope the Biden administration restores the FCC fairness doctrine in some form or another, even if it won’t eliminate the biases of the major news networks at least they’ll only be able to report facts.
I agree with you. But that can start tomorrow.

Today is for rejoicing, and that was pretty funny.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #4997
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
This isn't right, you are saying the reporter should have stopped doing his job to feed a troll who isn't interested in a rational discussion? That is the both sides very tactic that brought us to this point.

Might as well have Joe come out of his parents basement to argue with a PhD in Climate science.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:22 PM   #4998
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Thats why the mods need to change his effing name. He is totally besmirching the name of our QB.
I think the combination is deliberate.

I think the poster is Drew Tate.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:23 PM   #4999
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
There’s no debating with those people. They’re in a cult and will discount anything he says as more fake news. They need to be deprogrammed before they’ll listen to reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #5000
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I think the combination is deliberate.

I think the poster is Drew Tate.
Maybe 4 years ago....